Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Lol, interrogatories is not a word that comes up in casual conversation much. :slight_smile:

For anyone wondering: interrogatories are a set of written questions you send to the party. And Federal Rules of Civil Procedure , along with local rules, have specific requirements about the format - how much space, how it has to be numbered, etc.

Deposition - think formal interview with lawyers and a court reporter (no judge).

Generally, absent a court order, interrogatories and depositions are only allowed for parties to the case and any expert witnesses.

10 Likes

Just a random thought, maybe it was the only way heā€™d take the case. :laughing:

6 Likes

I had to go to the emergency room to get my clogged interrogatories removed.

12 Likes

I see. I would have thought that ship has already sailed around the world several times by now.

But I guess it could always take a few more laps around the equator, depending on what other information may still come out.

5 Likes

Except that maybe he had no choice. IOW, donā€™t APs have to take whatever case they are assigned? They canā€™t really decline, can they? (At least not without seriously jeopardizing their reputation/career aspirations.)

3 Likes

I assume youā€™re not talking about me as I actually have spent time with LK and Iā€™ve said nothing about her family.
My question is: what parts are gossip? My understanding of gossip is that it involves untruths. Most of what I see posted is discussion of factual events, per testimony, personal experience, and her own SM posts.

20 Likes

You didnā€™t. Thatā€™s my point. People discussing LKā€™s behaviour arenā€™t trashing her, and you discussing the behaviour of posters who discuss LK arenā€™t trashing them.

12 Likes

What a lovely selfie, you bear a striking resemblance to Professor Trelawny (sp?).

2 Likes

No, not necessarily. Gossip is simply talking about other people behind their backs. It can be 100% true, or filled with untruths.

1 Like

What if its not behind their backs?

14 Likes

Uh oh.

Does that mean the mustache could reappear? Or was he strictly involved in the criminal case?

Thank you very much for all the information on the legal matters. Greatly appreciate it!

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome.

Unfortunately, yes, he could. I cut and pasted this from MBā€™s answer to the suit, and similar language is used in his counterclaim.

ā€œDefendant was not competent at the time of the alleged incident and, as a result, should have no liability to Plaintiff for her injuries, by reason of Barisoneā€™s mental state and/or condition which included but was not limited to battered-person-syndrome cause by Plaintiffā€™s campaign of emotional battery against Defendant and/or persons in his care.ā€

So yes, we could see him again, and quite frankly, as bad as he was the first time, can you imagine him with the blowhard jury-hating attorney doing the questioning?

10 Likes

That is one scary thought.

Can you see the two of them trying to outdo each other with their level of greatness, even though they are both on the same team?

7 Likes

That 26 minutes to get through his qualifications could quadruple.

Ok, when I said Iā€™d like to see the depositions, I didnā€™t mean that one.

10 Likes

Usually the truth gets blurred in the retelling. Human nature, which is why I never really believe whatā€™s being said behind other peoples backs. Even if itā€™s factual, it could lack important context.

1 Like

well, whatever is left of her face (the metephorical one)
Or perhaps the half of the house in Florida? (now, getting that in judgement would be ironic, wouldnā€™t it)

2 Likes

I have not looked it up, but learned it in these threads, Florida is one of a few states that does not allow the primary residence of a person to be awarded in a judgement. So Daddyā€™s house in Florida is safe.

9 Likes

That is why people so commonly include a screen shot of the things that LK has posted or said when discussing things here.

7 Likes

but it is not Daddyā€™s primary residenceā€¦
(no wonder so many bankrotteurs move to Florida, moral and financialā€¦

10 Likes

When I said I hoped the civil trial would have a live stream, I didnā€™t mean that part. Lol.

3 Likes