Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

that might explain the mad dash of daddio to the patio to remove the camera that was recording everything, or not, because it was conveniently shut off, disappeared, and deleted?

9 Likes

It sounds like more than half the stalls were not producing income. In addition to her $5,000 monthly board, LK paid him $40,000 for Jay-T. That might have kept the barn afloat for a month or two.

1 Like

LOL
do we know if the check cleared?
Maybe that was the reason the horse could not leave the barn: It was not paid in full yet.

9 Likes

I find it interesting that some here believe MBā€™s only source of income was from stalls being filled with training horses.

26 Likes

Sure I am, but itā€™s not an unreasonable guess.

1 Like

Really? Who said that?

Even if you have tons of clinic income, using your clinic income to support the expense of maintaining half the horses in the barn is a huge drain.

How many stalls were filled with paying boarders? Besides LK?

:laughing:

no words.

2 Likes

If at first you donā€™t succeed
Try, try again.

Ad nauseum

12 Likes

Ask your contacts and then verify what you are told.

13 Likes

How do you know half the horses were not producing income? most trainers donā€™t own a lot of the horses in the barn, clients buy them and pay for board and full trainingā€¦even if they themselves donā€™t ride them.

10 Likes

This entire ā€œmoney issueā€ story has come from one person only. It is fascinating how some things she promoted have become gospel, while the majority of her comments have been proven to be exaggerations and fantasy.

If there has been a drain on MBā€™s liquid wealth, it is primarily due to high dollar defense attorneys, worth every cent by the way. The FL facility is intact and thriving by all accounts. Sure doesnā€™t sound like financial issues to me.

24 Likes

(mine in bold)

Iā€™m not sure the barn had just 25 stalls, but You are talking about half, or less, of the stalls and forgetting field accommodation for young horses. The young horses, iirc lived out with a shed, so were not taking up stalls, for one thing.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not the one with contacts. Thatā€™s you.

2 Likes

Tarshis made it very, abundantly clear that MB was a ā€œunicornā€ among horse people, having kept himself and his business financially sound.

19 Likes

Did you read the post of OhnoO? She said that MHG owned 8, and RC half interest in two more (go owned with MHG and MB. And that wasnā€™t counting any free or reduced board horses of the working students or of MB himself.

1 Like

To say MB needed LK financially is absurd. LKā€™s 5k monthly payment made up for 10 percent of his monthly expenses according to testimony. He could have rented each stall she used and the apartment for well over 5k. It sounds as though MB gave her a very reasonable rate and she took total advantage of it.

30 Likes

That doesnā€™t explain the math that equates ā€œhalf the horses were not producing incomeā€.

3 Likes

MHG has trained and sold horses for many years. She does not strictly board. LKā€™s horses brought no commission or income for MB.

8 Likes

Indeed. There is a reason I have contacts.

2 Likes

So how many horses in the barn were owned by paying boarders? Not MHG, MB, RC or the working students?

1 Like