Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Hey, the problems of the world need a scapegoat; it’s MHG’s turn today. (She also responsible for the starving children in Africa.)

sarcasm

14 Likes

because they were either illegal - or don’t exist.

or don’t say what Kirby and Lauren think they say.

BTW, Kirby: Be Best.

12 Likes

well it might have been an April Fool’s joke…

7 Likes

Weird, that doesn’t jive with RGs story. :thinking:

33 Likes

I doubt Schellhorn had any inkling about the lack of evidence in the case until 2 - 3 weeks before trial. He’d been preparing for cases that came before Barisone’s. Add that they all were positive Michael would take the “generous” plea deal…their strategy went to hell in a handbasket when he declined and recalling Taylor’s reaction! I still enjoy re-reading IM’s snarky, condescending, know-it-all post to me about Michael’s decision to reject the plea. Obviously the jury also saw the flimsy case and the ridiculous star witnesses and rendered a proper verdict! I still have crow pie in the freezer for Mr. IM! :wink:

25 Likes

I am glad you were able to make it back to sit by your daughter’s bedside the day the shooting happened.
Nothing worse than being caught overseas when emergencies happen.

9 Likes

then again, what does!

1 Like

How were you in Europe on a ship but then in the hospital the day it happened?

Which one is it mummy?

29 Likes

Also, how was JK able to be present at a meeting with ED, RG and LK the day before, not to mention endless negotiations as testified to in court? Did he not go on the cruise?

18 Likes

It was a long time ago.

1 Like

we got back a couple days before

1 Like

You guys GO FUND AN ATTEMPTED MURDERER ALL YOU WANT

2 Likes

Personally? I would think after enduring their torture and harassment, Michael, Mary and everyone else were indeed anxious to get rid of them - ie get them off the farm and out of their lives.

What exactly was it the wanted Ruth to do? Kick them out? Evict them? Only the most overactive imagination could turn a couple of illegally recorded phrases into a convoluted murder plot.

As to needing Ruth to come all the way from NC just so they could have a gun, that’s pretty absurd. You live in the USA. They could walk into Walmart and buy a gun if they wanted one. I’m guessing they could each make a phone call to a friend and have their hands on a gun within 10 minutes. You really believe they wanted an elderly woman to be their hit man?

And of course Rob was terrified. He’d just watched their entire plan to ruin Michael backfire in the most tragic way. He learned firsthand that when you play with fire long enough, eventually you are going to get burned. He was in the midst of a terrifying situation and watched somebody nearly die. That doesn’t change the fact the situation was largely of his and Lauren’s own making though, does it?

Why not just release the tapes so everyone can hear what’s in them if they are so damning? Why didn’t the prosecution enter them into evidence at trial, if they provided proof of pre-meditation and intent?

None of that version of events makes any sense. Surely you can se why anyone would struggle to believe it on its face, let alone with the added weight of Lauren and Ron’s history of lying.

38 Likes

Huzzah! Permission AND a directive.

27 Likes

If only there were a convicted “attempted murderer” to fund…

17 Likes

We don’t need your permission to donate to anyone we want to. Be best.

14 Likes

We have and we will but we appreciate your permission. In terms of the law he’s not an attempted murderer.

21 Likes

Give it up lady. You’re yesterday’s cartoon.

16 Likes

28 Likes

What is it exactly that you fund?

Not everyone here has donated I imagine. So there’s also that. For those who have, it’s their money, so they can do as they please.

6 Likes