Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Thats ok - that is why there is so much discourse in the word. but if you really read all the religions - they kinda are the same thing. Joseph Campbell has some wonderful books that speak to this - he was an anthropologist who studied civilizations around the world and found a similarity in the most obscure people in the world -. he is a must read! Joseph Campbell, “The Power of Myth”. after you read that - there are many many others books of his…

6 Likes

I’m a long time JC fan, but he doesn’t regard all religion as promoting “peace” either.

7 Likes

Oooh, you are absolutely correct. Same obfuscations. Same phrases. Same aggenda. smacks head entirely obvious now that you mention it.

19 Likes

JC was one of my biggest influences as a student. So grand to see him mentioned.

4 Likes

ok - I thought his books spoke about similarities of all people and religion - you are probably correct… I just hung on to that aspect - now that it has come up - I want to dig out my Joseph Campbell books and re-read them! Loved them and the PBS series - oh and Victor Frankel! Got my summer reading!

5 Likes

I find it very sad you didn’t raise your daughter with the concept of friendship and love.

16 Likes

Did you study with him at Sarah Lawrence!? He is my guru…

1 Like

“Your life is the fruit of your own doing. You have no one to blame but yourself.”

Joseph Campbell

15 Likes

No, but I heard him lecture in SF. Cost me $25, a great stretch at the time.

4 Likes

I highly recommend “the Power of Myth”. and if you can see the interviews with Bill Moyer on PBS… AMAZING… its been 20 or more years and it has still stayed with me… gotta pull out the books a re-read - a gift…

4 Likes

There’s the rub. Mythology, and culture versus religion.

6 Likes

also Viktor Frankel “Mans Search for Meaning”. another great one!

3 Likes

well… I don’t know… they are interesting studies… anthropology and spiritualality… its all good -makes you think… an interesting read… opens ones mind…

3 Likes

And we will continue to do so, with or without your permission.

Ever wonder why your daughter has not gotten so much support?

21 Likes

Hey Cutters, just wondering if I am going senile. We’re you not accused of being a COTH
Moderate, or some kind of uberlord at one point? This would have been a few years ago.

4 Likes

I find it hysterical that the guard dog was presented on social media, where LK as admitted she lies, as a dachshund!

16 Likes

I think you touched a nerve based on comments below. Threatening us with defamation is okay. But pointing out that their words are defamatory leads to a hasty retreat. Well played.

10 Likes

According to LK, I was employed by COTH, either as a writer, moderator or in marketing. She could never seem to settle on which particular role in which I was employed.

You know what really gets my goat- I have yet to see a paycheck from COTH! In over 2 1/2 years! Who does that???

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

28 Likes

It is a ‘do as I say and not as I do’ proposition
True, a handful of believers live up to the ideal. The majority - especially in the higher echelons don’t generally care for the masses.

3 Likes

Thank you for the recco. On my list
. …You so rock, what can I say?

Be careful if, like me, you are working on your moon tan tonight, don’t want to lie out there too long and get burned. Big day tomorrow.

2 Likes