Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

There are soooo many mom/dads that kill their kids. I do think Andrea Yates was insane, but most are not, they are just evil. I usually cannot stomach following child cases, but I am making an exception for Lori and Chad Daybell.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Just about every day in every city a parent kills their child or a child in their care.

You wouldnā€™t believe what happens to kids especially infants.

I never even conceived of the things that were done until I processed abuse cases. Complete with pictures.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s true, unfortunately. But I think that the self defense approach could have a better shot in those cases, just because the concept seems so unthinkable to most people.

Oh I agree. Andrea Yates, by all accounts, was absolutely insane. And the other mom had sought mental health help not long before she killed her kids, so thereā€™s some history there too. (Sofya Tsygankova).

But just think about people who it didnā€™t work for: the Colorado Movie shooter, James Holmes for one.

Jared Lee Loughner never asserted NGRI, he took a plea instead of going to trial. But he was found incompetent to stand trial and had to be forcibly medicated just to get him to where they could talk about a plea.

That is such a big part of why this case is fascinating to people who have no horse in the race, so to speak. NGRI almost never works. And back to your original point, Iā€™m betting Mr S is wishing heā€™d never been involved in this mess.

3 Likes

Quite possibly Dr. S as well! Also known as the Mustache, just to be clear. Lol.

2 Likes

That is a tough tough job.

At least he can take comfort in knowing which side he landed on. I bet he never, ever wants to see a FB post again. Ever. :slight_smile:

Doh! Just saw your edit. Yeah the Stache is still talking about himself. He may not know yet.

5 Likes

I did include that. One of them was a ā€œnobodyā€ at the time of the messages but is now a trainer and member of USEF.

4 Likes

Actually, he was a good worker for a while. Customers loved him. When he refused a drug test after the 2nd no call, no show they terminated him. Obviously he became too much of a liability for them to keep him on.

6 Likes

Yes, as soon as I hit reply, I realized there was more than one Dr. S involved. Lol.

1 Like

If I were that much of a muck up I wouldnā€™t want to show my face in public.

2 Likes

According to VineLink, Michael is still at the Morris County Jail. I wonder if they are waiting until the holiday weekend is over to transfer him. VineLink is usually a very reliable service, but Iā€™m not sure how it works with a NGI verdict. You can sign up to get a notifications when he is moved

https://vinelink.com/#state-selection

2 Likes

The word odious is a onomatopoeia, another word for the bankrupt intellectā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly the reason the owners became alarmed when he disappeared the first time. Thereā€™s a whole other story of LKā€™s reaction/behavior when the police arrived for the wellness check that Iā€™m going to avoid telling. Suffice to say, she offered no information to the police or employer which caused more suspicion.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty horrible.

I donā€™t know if they have Easter eggs or chocolate bunnies tomorrow or anything like that at the place where heā€™s headed next. But it stinks if heā€™s still stuck in that same place after all this time.

I donā€™t recall if this subject has come up before, but does anyone know if heā€™s been in solitary confinement this whole time? I donā€™t know what the conditions would be like at that jail.

3 Likes

Wow.

4 Likes

Yes, the Phantom Tollbooth is full of such multilayered references, part of what makes it such a charming childrenā€™s book.

ā€œAs long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong? If you want sense, youā€™ll have to make it yourself.ā€

6 Likes

Transfers take time. Speaking from recent experience from transfer of a family member from one hospital to another. Paper work etc takes time. Iā€™m not shocked heā€™s still in County detention. Hopefully not too much longer.

3 Likes

He has not been in solitary confinement. But understand jail is quite different from prison. He hasnā€™t been outside in 2 1/2 years except to go to court!

7 Likes