Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

That’s fantastic!

How interesting Mary Haskins Gray, Justin Hardin, and Ms Osborne didn’t have to be compelled to respond to the subpoenas. Huh! Imagine that. It truly is astounding how people twist themselves into pretzels making excuses and ridiculous explanations for all things Kanarek! Wake Up!

23 Likes

And no one else was cited for contempt of court!

7 Likes

OK. I read up on the money laundering by EF Hutton in the mid 1980s, for which EF Hutton was fined $1,000,000. The NYT article stated that the charges against Hutton stemmed from the activities of two brokers in the Providence office. The two brokers were named. One (Fusco) had died before the charges were brought. The other, Brian Landreau, was sentenced to 3 months in prison. He was also fired by Hutton.

Their crime was accepting large cash deposits and issuing multiple bank checks or money orders in amounts under $10,000 to evade the requirement to report large cash transactions. It was money laundering.

Interesting, none of the “businessmen” for whom this laundering service was performed were charged. (The “businessmen” whose money was laundered would have been the organized crime figures.)

I work for a rather large company in the financial sector. There’s not anything I can do to prevent people in the company (at a much higher pay grade) from breaking the securities laws generally or from laundering money for the mob, specifically. I hope they don’t, but my keeping my own nose clean is not going to prevent crimes being committed by the thousands of other employees of the firm. Whether I’m Jewish or Italian or Sicilian is irrelevant.

So: knowing that JK is Jewish, lives in NJ, and worked for EF Hutton in the eighties (but how would you know that?) gives you zero legitimate basis for suggesting that “maybe” he has ties to the mob.

3 Likes

No basis? Methinks most folks who passed Psychology 101 should be capable of recognizing someone who demonstrates time and time again that they are not operating as a mentally healthy member of a civilized society.

22 Likes

That would be like the proverbial “chess with a pigeon”, I expect.

14 Likes

No doubt. Although I don’t think the pigeons usually brag about their chess prowess.

6 Likes

A fundraiser to pay MB’s legal fees. Oh, wait - would that be considered a conflict of interest?

2 Likes

Hell has frozen over. I agree with you that this is an offensive line of speculation. I hope CH that you remember that Virginia has been called out on this in earlier threads by others.

Virginia Horse Mom, I worked at Citibank during the 90s when the bank got in a lot of trouble for banking practices in Mexico, similar to what you describe at EF Hutton. I didn’t even get a pony out of that.

3 Likes

Ha, I would like to have a glass of wine over some charcuterie with Mr. B while we discussed legal issues (although my side of the conversation would be pretty short since my law degree is from LawAndOrder.edu). Better yet, I would send my friend’s law student niece, who seems to have become a Mr. B fangirl. LOL.

8 Likes

@Seeker1 [quote=“Seeker1, post:1601, topic:771580, full:true”]
Wishing you all a joyous holiday whichever one you celebrate. I pray that all of you find the peace that passeth understanding and foster love, kindness, compassion and empathy in your hearts. Im so sad for everyone in this mess and hope that each person involved directly or on the sidelines can learn valuable lessons from this horrible experience.
[/quote]

Thank you for the holiday wishes, and I wish you the same. However, what a better message to us would be is along the lines of this:

“Our family wishes for privacy at this time. We now recognize that enabling our daughter by pushing her off on others by providing her with horses and training and money rather than dealing with her behavior as a family has hurt many people and encouraged her poor behavior. Now we are welcoming her back into our own lives and will get her the help she needs so she can stop her destructive path. You won’t need to worry about her being at trainers and horse shows as we will be putting those same funds into therapy and hopefully rehabilitation for our daughter.”

That’s a positive holiday message to this forum.

43 Likes

It is not normal procedure.

14 Likes

Is there a bank in the 90s that didn’t get called out for something questionably legal?

Seems most banks and investment houses have run afoul at some point or another, when they toe the line in order to generate more money.

That said the EF Hutton most remember ceased to exist in 1988, and the current incarnation is just using the name as a rebrand for Kingswood, so I’d hazard there are a fair number of posters for whom the name EF Hutton doesn’t ring any bells.

2 Likes

Having read hundreds of posts by KM (perhaps thousands), I have developed a credibility rating for her pronouncements. That credibility rating has been applied.

1 Like

You know I find it unusual that you feel a “person” should have the right to defend themselves on a forum/bb. If LK was a male and MB was a female would you feel the same way?
There is no defense possible for what LK has done.
Do you believe that Will Smith should be able to defend him self on COTH? (slapping Chris Rock)
What about Imelda Marcos? (Shoe lady)
If you do not like the “disgusting assumptions” you believe people on this thread are making maybe you should reflect on what is really bothering you.
LK had no reason what so ever to harass or drive MB to shoot her. Actions have consequences and I believe that nothing said here will have any impact on LK.

19 Likes

This^^ A thousand times, THIS! But this family just doesn’t get it and never will. Everything is always someone else’s fault. Deflect & deny.

14 Likes

That’s true. Hutton as Hutton didn’t ring any bells for me and I had to read about the money laundering in the NYT predigital archive. I also agree that big financial institutions get caught with dubious or outright illegal practices with considerable regularity.

It was the 80’s. And they were indicted in federal court. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I was responding to a post that discussed Citibank in the 90s - but either way, every financial institution in the 80s and 90s capitalized on changes in accounting and securities practices and practices that weren’t yet illegal to do some very questionable things.

1 Like

I believe Citibank was too.

1 Like