Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Do you mean you are reporting anonymous chitchat here on COTH to the judge to affect MB’s hearing May 17? And to USEF and SS? Do let us know how that goes.

I must say nothing in COTH holds a candle to what totally uninvolved non horsey people said about LK, the family, and the judge on the trial livestream Twitter FB etc. Will you be reporting those too?

I would assume that the lawyer accepting cards and letters for his client is entirely normal and above board, or he wouldn’t have accepted the request.

However I’m sure courts have a process for dealing with trivial or nuisance complaints.

If you think any posts here are out of line, you should report them to the COTH moderators who do not tolerate harassment or threats. If you’ve done so already and mods haven’t acted on your wishes, then I’m pretty certain there’s nothing out of line here.

46 Likes

the Italian Mafia took oer because of the movies.
There were plenty of Jewish gangsters in the cast.

2 Likes

Anyone can talk about treble damages all they want!

My prediction is that SGF will attempt to settle LKs claim against them. Given that prediction, it makes sense to me that they would acknowledge any debt owed to RG, if they agree they owe it. I think SGF, as the property owner, is in a better position than I to know the value of any renovations done by RG, and whether he has been compensated by MB.

It goes without saying that everyone is free to disagree on any of the opinions expressed above.

As do I! if JK was of Council during that time, then he had to be involved as Council to EF Hutton… That was his job. So …

3 Likes

You also predicted MB would be found guilty.

21 Likes

I mean, even death row inmates are allowed to get mail, and Michael Barisone has been acquitted. His official description is “acquitee”. And there’s this pesky NJ Patient Bill of Rights that address patients in State institutions. Stunningly, it allows them unopened mail.

29 Likes

It’s like kids who find it necessary to tell on other kids.

17 Likes

LOL. I predicted he would be found “guilty” or NGI. One or the other.

Interesting that you and RG are the only ones who care about getting money for these so called renovations……

28 Likes

I admit that this is wildly off topic, but at the time of the merger with Shearson Lehman there were 18,000 employees. So being a lawyer, and, I am guessing, rather junior, would not mean that he was involved in the securities case.

3 Likes

They are Florida residents.

4 Likes

You were wrong on the Guilty part. I was not. Nor was I wrong about jurisdictional issues and subpoenas, the meaning of extortion, libel, treble damages etc etc

Pesky, eh?

21 Likes

Well, if MB had not been delusional (insane) and had been able to deal with the financial mess (of his own making) calmly and rationally, he might not be heading to a psychiatric hospital after 2.5 years of incarceration, so maybe in retrospect he wishes he had handled the whole situation a bit differently.

1 Like

Step 1 of that: Never take LK as a client.

18 Likes

You sound like a sore loser….

27 Likes

So Well Said!!! Thank you!

5 Likes

Eh. That’s why I figured a charitable cause would be less controversial. Who wouldn’t want to help a horse rescue?

5 Likes

You keep trying to make this about money; it was not that. It was about a couple with absolutely no moral compass who set out to destroy a man’s life and business. If you want to make it about money, I think that had LK and RG been forced to see to their own upkeep, they might not have had time to indulge in such malicious and absurd behavior.

39 Likes

Good grief. I said I was predicting the outcome would be “A or B”. It turns out the outcome was B.

1 Like

Exactly. That was an excellent option that he could have taken, but didn’t.