Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Wait, I did not notice. Is it the email for the prosecutor from the trial?

If so, I wonder how many neener-neener emails he will get as a result?

3 Likes

Who in the world does this sort of thing and thinks it is normal, appropriate or called for? That is seriously warped thinking and I doubt it started after the age of majority.

14 Likes

I would think not a one.

At least not from anyone here.

I sure hope we are better than that.

Now, those people who think cards are evil in some way, please feel free to write.

3 Likes

Good catch yet again!

1 Like

Obviously the eviction notice was not the only issue. Iā€™ve been saying that if it were just logistics about moving the horses, perhaps she might have moved.

Iā€™ve been saying that two sloppy, complex financial deals may well have complicated an otherwise simple exit.

If he was going to evict her, he would need to serve notice (which he apparently did on Aug 6), then proceed with the legal eviction process. Merely taking the first step in the eviction process is not enough.

Iā€™ve said the opposite of ā€˜the shooting was MBā€™s only solutionā€™. Iā€™ve state repeatedly that both sides could have unilaterally taken actions to de escalate, but both sides instead chose to escalate.

1 Like

Did she ā€œthreatenā€ not to come train with him unless he provided housing as of the deal?

There is nothing illegal or immoral about staying the terms in which you are willing to buy someoneā€™s product.

Other than saying that ā€œhousing includedā€ was required for her to continue training with him, how do you imagine she could ā€œthreaten himā€?

1 Like

Good to know, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s it.

I will say that the History Channel has a series called The Food That Built America, and itā€™s sort of fascinating to see the origin of all these things that we take for granted, and how some of them were such complete flukes at the start. And also the variations and twists and turns between companies that were competing with similar products.

For example, Popsicles were invented when some kid left his drink out overnight on his porch with a straw or something still in it, and when he came out and saw it in the morning, it had frozen. :thinking::heavy_dollar_sign::bulb::heavy_dollar_sign::thinking:

6 Likes

And others have told you several times that engaging the lawyers to work out a future situation and arrange her departure would be de-escalating but you seem to insist that doing so was escalating.

13 Likes

Wow. It was a tangent, now itā€™s a straw man. I wonder why you keep at it. Guilt? Shame?

5 Likes

Please explain, in 1st grade terms, what you think the prosecutor or judge will care about anything posted on an anonymous public forum!!! The prosecutor is out of it now. He lost the case. The judge is only involved by officiating at the next hearing. I can guarantee you Safe Sport wonā€™t even respond to you!! What have you been smoking? Dang!! This is probably one of the most outrageous, ridiculous posts Iā€™ve EVER read on these forums in all these years.

43 Likes

Thatā€™s her versionā€¦.and sheā€™s the oath sworn liar on SM. MBā€™s version is a little differentā€¦and Iā€™m pretty sure Mr. B hinted at how he was threatened during the trial.

7 Likes

An attorney being permitted to communicate with his own client is not only legal, but protected.

There would be absolutely no reason that Bilinkas could not facilitate correspondence with his own, non incarcerated, client. Ridiculous on its face.

30 Likes

Sigh. I know this is pointless. IMHO, the court decided that he was not criminally responsible for having shot her due to insanity, but did not specifically rule that ā€œhe was driven there by someone on purposeā€.

He was vulnerable. He had many stressors (including but not limited to LK and RG). It appears some of his ā€œfriendsā€ egged on his combative stance rather than talking him off the ledge.

1 Like

Youā€™re right, they were in FL winter 2018, not living at his facility, living in a rental. JH training the two horses. Two. $2500 per horse for board and train with JH.

(And I donā€™t think I can watch RG any more)

Edit to add, at this point in RGā€™s testimony, he states they had limited contact with Michael Barisone. MB would come check on things every once in a while, and maybe give a pointer.

So no, not a year long landlord-tenant, close client relationship until they went back to NJ spring of 2019.

6 Likes

And letā€™s face it, that statement covers a lot of ground! Lol.

12 Likes

Or holding your hand to your head in the shape of a gun, pulling the ā€œtriggerā€, and saying something along the lines of, ā€œWeā€™re going to get you.ā€

And Iā€™m Italian, and Iā€™m not offended by the reference to organized crime. And not just because my uncle was a numbers runner for a short time in the 1960ā€™sā€¦ :rofl:

AND I just mailed my cards to Mr Bilinkas this afternoon. (Iā€™m such a rebel!)

27 Likes

OK, enlighten me. How did she supposedly threaten him, beyond saying ā€œIā€™ll only train with you in NJ if you throw in housing like last yearā€. Which, BTW, is called ā€œnegotiatingā€.

1 Like

One more thingā€¦ If you ignore the trolls, they will HAVE to quit.

15 Likes

@Fat_Dinah, I am sincerely curious why you think that Bilinkas receiving cards and letters directed to MB is something the court will care about.
You clearly feel strongly about it, but I can not guess what you see as wrong about it.

Another lawyer here has said it is pretty common thing, for a lawyerā€™s office to receive cards for their client.

19 Likes

why are you so hung up with these veiled references to a divorce that literally nobody except you has described as stressful or contested? Because he had to pay a settlement? Youā€™ve invented all these stressors, particularly financial, and keep bringing them up - yet nobody but you has mentioned anything about them.

Creating a scenario and then responding to it, a la the ā€œmovie in my head,ā€ wellā€¦it doesnā€™t add credibility to your statements.

What you might be stressed by might be a complete nonfactor for someone else. The only stressor thereā€™s any legitimate proof of is a client/tenant behaving badly.

27 Likes