Unlimited access >

Bit buddies -- recommend me a bit

Check the rule book or call USEF and repeat what you said here.

Please read a book.

I’ll quote it for posterity and repeat it louder for those in the back: I restart and sell 5-6 OTTBs each year. In case I have to spell it out for you, these are horses that I own and pay the bills on. What a bizarre case you are.

6 Likes

Again, repeat your original statement, as written, to the USEF, not to me.

Ever heard of pinhooking?

As my family of lawyers/judges would say, when in a hole, stop digging.

You are welcome to protest me to USEF—I’m sure they would love the free money. COTH actually did a great amateur Q&A few years ago, which you might find helpful to brush up on, but here you go:

May I sell a horse I own for a profit and keep my amateur status? How many horses a year may I sell and keep my amateur status?
Amateurs are permitted to buy and sell horses they own for profit. The rules do not set a limit as to how many horses an amateur may buy or sell.

9 Likes

You need to take your own advice lmao. You came to a post about bitting to get off your chest that you think all adult ammys are ruining OTTBs and now are being a sourpuss for being called out. I’m sure that your family of lawyers/judges can help you fund your schoolmaster (just make sure he has never been touched by an ammy or he’s sure to be ruined!).

For the rest of us who are self-funded and using our own resources, we’ll do our best to do right by our horses.

Best of luck out there and may you have the day you deserve! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Not my problem; USEF and IRS.

Good luck to you. We’ve been to the World Cup.

I pay taxes on my horse income, thanks. :slight_smile:

Is that supposed to mean something? I’m an ammy, I don’t dream of going to the world cup because, you know, I’m a self-funded ammy and my expectations are adjusted as such.

Hope the view from your high horse is worth it

3 Likes

You must be super fun at parties :rofl:

11 Likes

fyi Glenburn created an account here to complain about Safesport and “due process”. Not worth arguing with, no matter who they are bankrolling at the World Cup.

11 Likes

It appears you came here looking to pick a fight. If indeed you are such a knowledgeable and experienced horse person as you have implied here, why pick on on adult amateurs and make such wide, condescending statements about people who genuinely care about horses and riding but may be obligated to more things than just horses? Why not be an example of leadership and experience and empathy for those that are trying to learn and improve? As a far from perfect adult amateur myself who has ridden young horses and OTTBs I find your statements mean spirited and aggressive. So I hope you are not the horse person you claim to be, as I would desire the experts in the field to have a bit more compassion for the many folks that try to do right by the animal but still are learning, as we all know it takes a lifetime to truly become a horseperson.

8 Likes

I smell a troll :laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

My trainer who helps my back yard DIY ammy self with my hot horse competed in the World Cup. Did you compete or…just go? Been has several meanings.

My horse (show jumper) does lateral movements so well my friend who does FEI dressage had fun on her. Thanks for the laugh :joy:

7 Likes

No, we did not just “go”. The laterals are no joke since you want to keep your horse under you during efficient turns in a jump off.

Very non specific, but okay.

Yes, they are. That’s why I, a backyard ammy, do them every ride :wink: on my very hot, hard to manage wonder-horse of a selle francais (the “French TB”).

4 Likes

Oh thanks El Capitan Obvioso. Would you like to share any other earth shattering show jumping tips, or are you finished?

7 Likes