CA Clique Redux

I feel like I have somewhat rejoined the land of the living this morning!! Hubby brought me some soothing cream of chicken soup and 7-Up (he was really on all of your wavelengths…) and combined with all the meds (especially the ‘Green Death’, Nyquil, which really kicks @$$), I pretty much slept yesterday away and am quite a bit better now.

“Of course, that’s only my opinion. I could be wrong.” - Dennis Miller

Oh, Wty, another QH who was an orange soda pop fan?? The original Beezer – who was this enormous (and I do mean ENORMOUS) appendix quarter – loved his orange soda. And his cotton candy, candy apples, pizza, licorice (a big fave), doughnuts … basically, if it went in a human’s mouth, it went in his.

Re his stealing from Linda Hough … I think she was so stunned … and I was sooooo embarrassed … that we both just kinda hurriedly walked away. The real Beezer also snitched french fries from Mary Gatti and once spilled lemonade that he, uh, slurped from the cup of one of Bob’s wealthiest clients – she who bankrolled his Idaho operation – all over her fur-clad arm. He was an incredible food thief. Once, I was trying to stand on the steps of the show manager’s trailer to talk about something or other, and he PULLED ME OFF the stairs and knocked down the awning to get to the danish that was on the tables.

The morning I knew that he was going to die, I called Merry and begged her to stop on her way and bring him a treat. I will always be grateful that one of his last memories was getting an orange soda and donuts from two of his favorite people.

“Hambola-rama Hambola-rama Hambola-rama.” She then jingles 18kt QVC Curb Chain Bracelet and sprinkles an offering of Show Sheen on the ground.

Plunked my still-not-feeling-well self in a lounge chair in the backyard today and got some color. Was simply horrified at the thought of going in public with Almost Green Butt White Legs. Can do this when housesitting, since I do not have a backyard at Chateau Coreene. Can’t remember when the last time was that I did this, but I know when the next time will be - this weekend, for sure!

Am sharing this because I want you all to know I had a Diet Coke in the sun in your honor, and read a Suitably Trashy Sunbathing Novel.

SUAVE RENO - good luck Tuesday! I did know about the Hermes in SCP. Did you know that just the brushes are $95?! And not nearly as nice as a shoe brush from the grocery store. Oh well. Guess he wanted to pay an extra $1500 for the carrier bag and Hermes box…

yeah!!! I’m going to the oaks tomarrow!!! My first time showing there!!!

~Christina~
“Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!” JD;Heathers

Oh Dublin, how sad.

The weatherman on KNX just rudely said it might rain tomorrow and that it would start up again on Saturday - maybe through next Tuesday! It’s like, hel-LO, don’t they think we’ve had enough!!

YAY Tux!! Congratulations! That is so great. Can’t wait to see pictures!

Good luck to Beezer and Merry!

Excuse me, Hammie wasn’t “trying to leave the arena.” The gate was wide open, it was right in his line of vision after the oxer, and I had a smooth loose-ring snaffle in his mouth. Ergo, he just kept cantering toward the outgate. There were no hystrionics, no pinning of ears, just a continuation of his cantering whilst I was thinking, “Go left, young man, and change thy lead.”

As for the “kicking out”: I couldn’t find my regular spurs, so I had to wear my longy-sharpies. I think they bugged him.

There. Now, don’t I sound like a doting mommy?

I dunno, dublin, Suave’s ex-trainer might’ve been the perfect match for John French. You know what they say, “opposites attract”.

Now, enough about this down-sizing. We shall all be women of independent means. Badminton, anyone?

[This message was edited by Merry on Apr. 09, 2001 at 10:31 PM.]

I want to see the bunnies too!!!
MO you rock!!!

[This message was edited by Bumpkin on May. 16, 2001 at 07:16 PM.]

A lot seems to have happened while I was out shopping for all of the remaining chicky peeps. We want to be able to start on the healthy Margaritas slowly, so I bought all of the chicky peeps I can find so we can come down slowly from our sugar high.
Yes if some one can make me a regular lime Margarita it would be greatly appreciated. Rusty rode for the first time in at least six months today and is probably going to pay for it tomorrow. But it was sure fun to get back in the saddle and really ride for a change.

Suave, congrats on selling your filly. I didn’t even realize that you had one!

I hear ya, Bumpkin and Wtywmn…even though I don’t really like the work environment here, I can come and go as I please and I have never had to miss a lesson or a show because of work. So I’m spoiled. Oh well, they may not even make me an offer, so then I wouldn’t have to decide what to do!!!

i too join the ranks of intellectual snobs (I gave it away with my spelling ha! )

The important thing is that he is kind, level headed, has goals and treats you special…beacuse you are and deserve to be treated as such

Good luck with the cream puffs and hope they turn out well

I realy like that, might have to keep a permanent copy.

Not to bring up an old subject, but since we’re here…do you think gray hair will look nice in show bows?

I know in the intercollegiate competitions riders have to draw for which horse they have to show. But in for our hypothetical purposes, to keep it fair, the riders/entrants couldn’t have any prior knowledge of which horses were being chosen to be placed in the “herd” or else you know what’d happen: “Pssst… here’s $50. I don’t want to look like an idiot. I hear your horse Stormy is one of the chosen horses. What’s he like to ride?”

You know, seriously, this might be a great class for our year-end county show (San Diego or Orange County). The specialty classes are always the same ol’, same ol’. But this… this could be hysterical… entertaining… educational… and best of all, humiliating!

That is so sad I know Beezer will be waiting for you guys when you get to Heaven because Chef is already there waiting for me!

Well, actually QHSM does/can set jumps, but unfortunately she doesn’t, uhm, “bend well” anymore. So it’s kind of like, “Mom, today. I need that pole thrown out to the side today. He’s drifting right today…” Eventually I climb off, hand the reins to her and do it myself.

But she makes a mean potato salad!

Merry can feel the chants… Hambola schooled very well on the flat today. Let’s see which baby steps off the trailer in the morning.

It means the world to me, chef, that you suffer the humiliation of showing a baby greenie warmblood along with me. Is there a special medal for these acts of insanity?

Looking into crystal ball, adjusting Walmart turban on my head: I foresee rusty getting barn. Get the barn, get the barn, get the barn, get the barn…

Oh wow Coreene - quite the eventful night!! So glad that Sir Willem is feeling like himself again. Are you sure he didn’t accidentally ingest one of his rodent entourage?? no really, that is great news!

There’s something about Merry (so to speak ) that you have to understand: Hammie will NOT be allowed out in polite company until she can be absolutely, 100%, completely SURE that he will not embarrass her. I figure that will be about 2017.

Get OUT! Does this mean you will have actual gasp contact with SAM?! Bring the smelling salts! The big bottle!