CA Clique Redux

SuaveReno, make sure that this one is more geographically desirable than the last!!!

Merry, he actually called me yesterday . . . to invite me to the opera! I can’t go, but the phone call gave me the opportunity to at least tell him how much fun I had on Saturday. He said he will be calling me today to make plans for us for THIS week.

[I] Now, on to bigger stuff, AAJumper, please keep us posted on the job - don’t worry - the door that is mean to open will open! And, in the meanwhile, focus on the B&B search!

How did the trip to Mary’s go Suave? Any unplanned purchases? Hmmm? Hmmm? (Those are always the most interesting kind! [/I]

MO, I’ve sent you an e-mail with excuses for my poor information gathering skills.

Cheers, Maggi

Now, who would be the host? Can we find someone who is as rich and “smliey” as Chairman Kaga? And the pepper, well, we’d have to replace it with a delicious Granny Smith apple.

Did you know you can buy the book now? Just log onto “foodtv.com”. Maybe Beezer will get it for you as a belated B.day gift?!

Have fun!!

[This message was edited by MO on Apr. 28, 2001 at 12:11 AM.]

Well, she was only eating McDonald’s burgers, so I don’t know how much meat was really involved. This was long before the days of mad cow disease. It couldn’t have done her much harm, since she lived to a very ripe old age- 30? 35? Her exact date of birth was lost in the mists of time.

SuaveReno, I understand the feeling. I used to have a trainer who had the knack of totally making us feel like children, especially when it came to buying horses!!! He had us all suckered into buying horses for way more money than they were worth…and right after someone would buy a horse, he’d magically have extra cash to buy a new truck, trailer, etc. And of course the horse would always turn out to be completely lame, rank, you name it! And people would do this multiple times!!! This guy just had the ability to convince people to totally trust him. Then he ran off with his 17 year old student. Ugh.

Rusty, make that a strawberry-banana margarita for me…
But there’s booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on
Wasted away again in Margaritaville
Searchin’ for my lost shaker of salt…

AAJumper concentrates hard…“rusty will get that barn, rusty will get that barn…”

Merry email me I might know of a horse for that girl.

Galway Downs Information

Hi every one since I am on a ten day vacation from spazzing about the planning commission, I have to wait to see if the neighbors appeal. I am now stressing about the horse show that I am putting on Sat.

I do know the judge is not flaking on me like some of the rest of the people that have volunteered to help. But then I am paying him. I am in the middle of making the second half of my trophies and have to go pick up the ribbons today. SInce the ribbon company is close and I didn’t want to pay there high shipping charges I said I would pick them up. They were suppose to be ready last week.
Oh well it wouldn’t be a horse show with out these glitches.

Jingle those curb chains ladies we would appreciate a nice big fog bank off of the coast on Fri. I think every one would like that. These 100+ temperatures have been around to long for this early in the year.

How deluded you remain; your innocent convictions remind me of the utterings of dear Prince Sumo Toddler:

“Like the California surf, we shall rise again!”

Perhaps - but you’ll be dredging with you the detritus of makind and industry. But then again, I imagine chickens will also grow lips on that fateful day.

Embrace your new queen all! There’s enough room in my triumphant heart to embrace even my sunscorched minions.

LOL Suave…but a huntcoat? What’s that? Ohhhhhh…yeah, those awful hot things that restrict your arms!!! Can I pin the tag on my polo shirt instead?

I went to the ranch and Queen of Horse Show Moms had baked me a chicky pippy cake!

Apparently Beezer had revealed that I was lamenting my lack of a chicky pippy cake on the BB. It was luscious: oval shaped with green buttercream icing, coconut (see,that makes it look like a nest!), lined with jelly bird eggs and 4 yellow peeps nestled on top, next to 2 Cadbury Creme eggs! Wow, talk about a sugar rush. I ate a huge piece already. Now I have to start figuring out which horses will also dine on chicky pippy cake, because, you know, I can’t eat it all by myself!

and I’m sure make quite the pair!! The question is, would Willem deign to go trail riding with his very small hunter pal??? (Somehow I don’t see western saddles and plumes going together, and how do his bunnies cope when he’s away from his stall?)

Elizabeth … Actually, it’s my self-destructing four-year-old kid who’s the chestnut. Hambola Virus (they’re both by Hall of Fame but could not be more un-alike) is a shiny bay … the better for Merry’s tiara to reflect in!

It is pouring. Yuck!!!

Merry, my friend would have been better off getting fired…then she could have sued the Federal Government for discrimination and gotten her job back along with a big fat settlement. Well, that’s what happens when most government employees get fired. Even if they’ve been fired for not showing up to work on time and selling items in the women’s restroom (no joke!).

Thanks for the links Dublin…I’ll check them out tonight!

No word on the job yet…I’m going to really serious consider it if they’d ever make me an offer! But then again, I’m having so much more fun at work since I’ve been checking out the BB during the day. Bad worker…bad worker!!! They’ve driven me to it!!!

Isn’t that what driving (harness) classes are for? Retired or semi-demented former H/J riders?

Of course, Suave will be showing up in her golf cart! Suave, with puzzled look on face: “Oh… I didn’t know we were supposed to be driving ponies!”

Army issue? Oh Suave, I was so hoping for modern colors. Do they have them in a more neutral tone? Doing away with the uniboob look is a biggy, plus comfort. Ah well, there had to be a hook somewhere…

So elizabeth, do you think we could pass as college grads?? Or at least have some of the wining & dining…We could pretend to be parents of said grads. We’ll use the younger cliquers, and those of us in the older catagory can be parents?? What do you think?

Now I’m in tears…

Ole, chips and salsa for everyone!

coreene: I was just thinking today about the California Horsewoman Tan. I’m always playing catch-up, the color on my legs vainly trying to match the color of my arms and shoulders. So when you’re sitting down, do you ever notice when you lay your hand and arm down across your thigh that you look like you belong to two different ethnic groups? I spend the entire month of May wearing shorts in hiding while I muck and lunge, just to take the clammy white glow off of my legs before gasp! I display them in public.

Gotta love the Hermes store at South Coast Plaza. So that’s the “horse store”, eh? Rats! I was so hoping for a Mary’s outlet next to Nordstroms…