Unlimited access >

California Chrome?

Which “industry bloggers” are you referring to? No one with any credibility in the “industry” would “feed into” people freaking out about normal horse transport, common training practices, the horse feeling “betrayed” and/or believing that the Japanese buyers would consider eating the horse if he failed at stud.

Some of the people that actually have connections to the horse tried (and continue to try) to manage and placate the crazies. Perhaps they didn’t realize how crazy the crazies were, but that’s not their fault.

4 Likes

If by “industry bloggers” you mean people who have a connection to TB racing and breeding, I have to agree with @skydy. None of them are doing that.

4 Likes

I am referring to Horse Racing Nation. They have a mix of industry bloggers (Knowledgeable and amateur). Art Sherman’s original Chromies (Wendy Lembke et al) have complained that they do not wish to be confused with the “crazies”. Who can blame them?

That is interesting. Would you post a link?

I am sad they sold him to Japan. He isn’t going to go for meat, but his offspring or grand offspring might, especially if they fail at the track, go lame, or have any combination of bad luck, bad owners, or poor trainers.

Because of his value, he will get the best care. You can’t say the same about what fate is in store for his offspring.

I fully support regulations to improve the lives of dogs. As someone mentioned they don’t want the government dictating whether they can leave their dog in the car or not. I’ve seen plenty of people leave their dog in the car and have a over heated dog. People are too stupid not to need oversight.

”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹
”‹”‹”‹

1 Like

Why do you feel that the risk for his offspring is worse in Japan than in this country? All of the reasons you state above could happen as easily here as anywhere else IMO

13 Likes

Where were all the Chromies when one of his colts sold for $8,000. in Florida ? What if that colt doesn’t run well?

7 Likes

Speak for yourself. That’s a pretty rash generalization.

7 Likes

What if your child flunks his math test?

Who said life was predictable? Yes people are stupid. [edit]

I don’t have children, and no one here said life was predictable.:confused: What on earth does that have to do with the Chromie’s fear that California Chrome’s get will be treated badly in Japan if they don’t run well?

[edit]

Yes, some people are stupid. I choose not to interact with stupid people IRL so I am not exposed to as many dummies as you seem to be, if you really consider “stupid” as the majority. I do run into them online once in a while.:wink:

2 Likes

QFP

This conversation sure went off the rails quickly.

1 Like

It only takes one spoon to stir the pot :lol:

There just something about talking about California Chrome that brings out the crazy. :confused:

2 Likes

The crazy continues…

We removed a political analogy (and responses to it) to comply with our posting policies and keep the thread on track.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Look back through this thread. I posted a link where it was mentioned he sold for $18M.
Hell google it & it should pop up.

What would I post a link to? I said heard around town, like, 4 months ago, didn’t read it anywhere, didn’t really care that much.