Unlimited access >

Chasing Time (Race Hunter ‘19)

Chasing Time is indeed off the MRH Buy page.

However, I think they also remove horses if they are about to race.

Malibu Mayhem is also gone off the Buy tab (took them both long enough). And MRH has roughly ten more waiting in the wings; six that are sill Coming Soon as the Fasig Select Six. MRH bought five from KEESEP either solely or in partnership with Spendthrift (these offerings are not up yet so don’t know share price or trainer).

I think I got an email this morning that said he was 95% subscribed, but I deleted it before I really looked carefully.

Here is the field for Saturday. It seems like a Who’s Who of popular stallions. Chasing Time does not seem to be fast out of the gate (at least in his workouts) and coming out of the outside post will not be good. Hoping for the best and above all a safe trip.

Interesting that you got one… I didn’t and it isn’t on his updates tab.

Sometimes that first race is a ‘learning’ experience for a horse more than ‘winning’. If he gets a taste of kickback (likely given his post position) and doesn’t suck back or does and recovers, if he can be placed inside and outside and perhaps make a good run at the end, I’d be happy. Morning line odds have him second favorite (4/1) to Back to Normal (3/1). He’s the only Not This Time in the field but some other nicely bred colts.

#6, Howling Time, is also by Not This Time

Howling Time is well-named, out of Werewolf!

Mostly first-time starters. I think only a couple of horses have raced already. Most experienced horse (Back to Normal) has 2 starts.

And wow do I feel old! I remember a horse named Federal Hill who raced in the fifties. Good horse.

2 Likes

I also got the email, maybe check your spam folder…

I got it along with the same about Malibu Mayhem.

All I can think of is that I move all the email from MyRacehorse in my Inbox to a special folder. I wonder if I moved these and didn’t really read the subject.

Sometimes Gmail does funky things that I don’t always understand.

I mostly worry about missing the email when my early access window is open for upcoming horses :slight_smile:

The rest I can get for the most part by reading the updates.

1 Like

Gmail has a really hard time with my MRH emails. Sometimes they go to my inbox, sometimes to promotions, sometimes to spam. I keep trying to tell gmail to send them to my regular inbox with no luck.

App notifications from them work perfectly, though.

1 Like

America’s Day At The Races is streaming live on YouTube!

1 Like

TDN streams it as well.

Seemed pretty green around the turn and through the stretch. Oh well, it’s a learning process! On to the next.

1 Like

Hard to tell for certain, but he appeared to break well. It’s a big step from working in company of one or two in the mornings to racing conditions.
As long as he cools out sound, I am not disappointed.

4 Likes

Caught a reply of the head-on during the break. He broke really wide. Don’t think ultimately it cost him the race.

I thought he did well… handled kickback, raced near the rail behind other horses, moved outside, took a while to get rolling but caught up nicely. I missed if he finished third or fourth.

I thought ironic that the horse that won, Howling Time(?), was the other Not This Time in the field. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, he broke outward. Honestly, it was a good first race as a learning experience. Fingers crossed he moves forward.

3 Likes

I was a little surprised that MRH didn’t (couldn’t?) live stream their own video of the race for owners only. Is that because of racing/gambling laws?

MRH posted a short interview with Brian Hernandez. He said Chasing Time handled the dirt well, just got a little tired at the end.

He also made the point that at this time of year the MSW fields are usually better quality.

It often depends on the track and if they’ll allow the feed to be streamed by anyone other than themselves. It may also be that, I seem to have noticed, that not every race that a MRH horse races in is streamed. The bigger graded stakes they do but the “smaller” races like the MSW, I don’t recall having seem them streamed.

But I also figure any jockey worth his salt with a camera in his face is going to look for the positives and not say anything about any possible negatives :joy: The closest to a negative that I’ve heard from a jockey was from both jockeys who rode Frosted Oats in her dirt starts; they both implied she might be better on turf and that isn’t a huge negative.

The jock who says on camera something like ‘your horse is a real dog, you ought to let it get claimed away’ is likely to not sit on any horse by the trainer for quite some time. I suspect there is a much more honest discussion off camera with the trainer.

Unable to see the race today. Would somebody who did please give us a stride by stride account of how things went?

The same goes for some of the other MRH entries.

Thanks.

Oh of course. Steve Asmussen is not a trainer any jockey wants to tick off! Especially if you’re a jockey who bases his tack out of Churchill.

1 Like