Unlimited access >

Chasing Time (Race Hunter ‘19)

Chasing Time’s sire:

Hope Chasing Time runs to his sire’s success.

4 Likes

He’s so daggone cute.

6 Likes

Here we go!

5 Likes

We are still swamped with moving houses so I probably will forget to watch. But fingers crossed for a positive experience that has him first under the wire!

1 Like

A really nice 2nd place!! What a good boy!

3 Likes

I’ve never followed racing forms closely, wondering if someone can help me decipher this?

“rider shied late”

I keep picturing the jockey spooking at something, which I know can’t be right :woman_facepalming:

I saw that remark in the chart too, “rider shied late”. Can’t figure it out. Watched the replay to see if the ride did something, really can’t see anything.

He seems to have a lot of try in him.

He learned a lot today and is getting sharper out of the gate.

There seems to be a bit of conversation on the FB page. Someone who watched the head on replay said there was almost contact between Chasing Time and another horse coming down the stretch and the jockey reacted. That may have been the origin of the comment, but I’m basing that off second hand info.

I’m just glad our boy seems to want to be a racehorse!

2 Likes

I’ll hafta look up that replay :slight_smile:

I’m glad too. Hubby and I rewatched the race and I was very pleased with his performance. He seems to be a gutsy lil’ guy :slight_smile:

Race 3 starts at about the 4:00 mark

Unable to find the head on view.

2 Likes

The colt who won Chasing Time’s debut race, Howling Time, is now 2-for-2 and a stakes winner, having won the Street Sense stakes yesterday.

He’s another Not This Time colt.

2 Likes

Head on view here (need to sign up :frowning_face: )

https://www.twinspires.com/bet/results/churchill-downs/2021-10-31/CD/Thoroughbred/3

You can seen CT gets bumped slightly when the winner drifts in a bit. For a green/young horse I think he handled the race bumping/brushing (he had got bumped around while racing between horses) well.
Looks like he may have gotten a little leg weary towards the end of the race, but he kept trying.

2 Likes

Looks like our boy is racing Saturday!!!

4 Likes

We’ve got a winner! Nicely done today at Churchill Downs!

6 Likes

What a good boy! Nice run.

Replay https://www.churchilldowns.com/racing-wagering/toteboard
Choose race 6.

1 Like

What a pro! Nice win!

Congratulations to all of his connections here on COTH. :grin:

1 Like

Nice race!!
He sure didn’t seem bothered by the close quarters or having to split horses.

1 Like