Unlimited access >

Clip my Horse joins ranks with USEF

If I am reading it correctly, I think there will be no free viewing from USEF of Kentucky. It keeps mentioning COMPETING members, but I am not a competing member. I am thinking of joing CMH for the summer events overseas, but it will be sad if we have to pay to see Kentucky, and if Badminton and Burghley are seperate pay sites.

2 Likes

CMH is the worst service I have ever had the misfortune of paying. Cancelling is virtually impossible and (at least at the time I experienced them) there was no month-to-month option. This is awful and no matter how much I love Kentucky I am not sure it is worth dealing with that disaster ever again.

9 Likes

I know there are two services overseas, and I do not remember which one showed Pratoni. I did subscribe for that one, and I was able to drop it with no trouble. But with the cost of everything going up so much, I am not surprised at this.

I actually just finally cancelled last week. I didn’t find it too hard to cancel, though I guess the test will be whether or not I got billed again on the next cycle :wink: It isn’t able to be added as a channel to most of the more common US streaming services, and I wanted to be able to watch on my TV vs tethered to my computer. And it’s actually pretty expensive for the premium access, and I just wasn’t watching enough to justify almost $20/month.

Looks like you can do a monthly plan now. CMH.TV needs an editor as you can see both plans are called Annual. I know they are a German company (most probably speak English better than many English speakers), but is it really that hard to translate a page properly.

I too am very concerned with the switch to CMH.TV. I too found their website and app the absolute worst to use. I had the hardest time finding the content I wanted to watch. Their AppleTV app is someone’s part time project. CMH is the worst.

1 Like

Here is their cancellation policy:

I don’t understand why you can’t just have a cancel button and have it effective immediately? Everything is done my software so why have people email support?

Another reason why I don’t like them.

1 Like

So is USEF Network content only going to be available through CMH now? That’s ridiculous. It also looks like the CMH membership costs almost as much per month as the USEF subscriber did for a year…nevermind saying goodbye to the free access through the fan membership option.

So this is the trap I fell into, and it is not a mistake. I interpreted “annual - pay over time” to mean I could pay month-by-month, and then cancel when I didn’t want it any more. I cancelled, and they attempted to continue to charge me every month for a year because I “had purchased an annual plan”. The “per month” just means the timeline on which they will take payment, apparently not (to them) the timeline on which you decide whether you receive services.

4 Likes

CMH is in Germany and their laws about subscriptions were updated in 2021. It should be easier to cancel now, but do read all the fine print.

Ok, the picture I post above is for when you start your membership.

Here is the terms for termination:

1.5 Term | termination

1.5.1 The Subscription Contract commences on conclusion of the contract for a fixed term of 12 months (“Initial Contract Term”). During the Initial Contract Term, the Customer may terminate the Subscription Contract with one month’s notice to the end of the Initial Contract Term. Following expiry of the Initial Contract Term, the Subscription Contract is automatically extended for an indefinite term and may be terminated by the Customer at any time with one month’s notice. During a trial month in the initial term of the CMH PayTV subscription, the Customer may terminate the contract at any time. From July 1, 2022, the Subscription Contract may be terminated in the Customer menu on the CMH website. Until June 30, 2022, the Subscription Contract may be terminated via the corresponding function in the Customer menu of the CMH website or by email to support@clipmyhorse.tv

So you can use the website to terminate your membership.

Hmmmm. It seems based on the above that my experience may now be outdated. I hope that’s the case!

I only know I had no problem getting out after Pratoni. I am really only interested in the big events. So I may just join and quit, and join and quit.

2 Likes

Well this is crap. I would rather USEF Fan raised their prices a bit more than pay anything to CMH.

I know some people enjoy being able to see more of the international jumper shows, but I’ve been fine just watching what USEF provides. Sad to see that go, but I will not be giving a cent to CMH as my past experiences have just not been good and I don’t feel comfortable subscribing from them again. If USEF Network won’t offer anything through the USEF Fan membership I want to cancel that… but of course I’m not seeing that option through USEF’s website. When I click the “auto renewal and billing management” it just takes me straight to updating my payment method and does not show any current payment methods so I can’t tell if it is saved in there or not. I just want to make sure if needed I can figure out where to go to cancel and not have it auto renew (membership goes through 2023).

4 Likes

Remember to share your thoughts with USEF at CustomerCare@usef.org.

2 Likes

Well that was a quick response from USEF:

Hi ------,

USEF competing members, subscribers, and fans will continue to have free access to all USEF Network live events annually. Nothing will change there beyond it being powered by CMH.TV.

The CMH.TV premium subscription is separate and optional.

9 Likes

USEF no longer has a free fan membership. They only offer subscriber and competitor now. There was a discounted code but you still had to pay for the membership. I generally renew in January to watch the clinics but got cranky and changed my mind not finding the free fan membership. I don’t compete at USEF shows.

I’m signed up for a free fan membership, and the USEF page still has the free fan membership as an option. You only need the subscriber and competitor level membership to watch the on demand videos. Fan membership gives you free access to live stream only.

5 Likes

Thanks. That’s definitely new.

I’m editing the post below because I was able to access USEF Network on-demand content on a laptop, but not an iPad. I still would like to be able to get it on an iPad for traveling… If anyone knows the secret, please let me know. Thanks!

Original post: Looking for help here…. I just logged into my USEF account (competing member), which was current, but I updated it through the end of the year anyway, just to be sure that I could watch Kentucky and anything else I would like to see. I got as far as the USEF Network page, but when I tried to watch some On Demand content, it would redirect me to logging on via Clip My Horse. I could actually get a menu and hear the audio of what I wanted to watch, but couldn’t get a picture. This happened over and over.
If anyone knows the secret of how to access things on an iPad, help would be appreciated. Maybe they are just working out the bugs.

1 Like

you might cross post to H/J forum. They have a lot of experience with this service and its issues