Court date for Michael Barisone?

The last person I know who wanted to buy a handgun in NY was more than 9 months.

4 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, there is considerably more sanity and intelligent discussion on the Dressage thread.

8 Likes

ā€¦

1 Like

We moved this thread into the Dressage forum so all of the discussion is together.

5 Likes

According to the NJ Municiple Court Case, the charges are for 4th degree under section D.

From what youā€™re saying there is proof of somewhere that she knowingly brought the gun from another state and knowingly gave it to MB or sold it to MB, that would have been charged under section i, and would be 2nd degree, not 4th. It seems like maybe they donā€™t have proof if i?

Here is the different sections with descriptions and degrees.
https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/title-2c/section-2c-39-9/

8 Likes

Agreed. The charge must be some other element of that 4th degree section cited.

5 Likes

Would there not be an entry for a plea rather than ā€œno pleaā€ if Ms. Cox had taken some kind of deal for a lesser charge?

1 Like

Defendants sometimes put in no plea. When they do a Not Guilty is put in for them. But then they might not be able to plea bargain.

ā€¦.,

I donā€™t understand. Why wouldnā€™t someone be able to plea bargain?

Itā€™s just the way they do things. Their law.

3 Likes

Forgive me, has this thread been closed? I see posts here still. However, no discussion regarding the topic ā€œCourt date for Barisone.ā€ Are posts not allowed here? Requesting clarification in order to comply with COTHā€™s rules & regs. Thanks! :slight_smile:

It is so easy to open up a section of CotH and scroll down to see where a thread has been closed. There is a lock and the last poster is a Mod.

6 Likes

4 Likes

So Iā€™m guessing my Facebook group has the in on what is turning out to hold true. I was told not to engage in these toxic forums because if you donā€™t follow the narrative you get bullied and pushed out. Since I am new and have experienced some of this myself. I can fully understand what they are talking about. I figured i can give it an other shot NPI. So now that we can all see RCs charges have finally been put on display. Can we all agree that LKS unchanged story about the shooting is becoming more true. Its hard to believe that nobody could find the charges from 10/19 except some random user on the forum. Endless threads opened and news reports done but still it was kept in secret. Didnā€™t the barisone filling say that it was LKs father that had the influence? Are we to believe that 11 police offers are lying and the crazy man is telling the truth? Does that seem logical to anyone?? Now seeing that Cox was arrested almost two years ago and the story is now coming outā€¦it would suggest that it is barisone with all the power?
My FB group tells me that the charges are a result of Cox lying to the police. Apparently she didnā€™t recognize the gun she brought from the descriptions all over the news. When it was traced back to Cox she said barisone stole it. Obviously that story seemed suspicious, so after another interview she said gave it to him. If that is true it will be hard to deny or back peddle.
What else I find suspicious is that barisones story has changed many times on these forums. Eggbutt claims to know the family really well but she is repeating changing the eventā€™s. It was self defense, laurens gun, vicious dog, evictions, condemned house, perit violations, blah blah blah. Now we should all go with the LK drove my fragile ego to break? It didnā€™t sound like a pleasant place to be on either side but still. Lets listen to everything this crazy man has put into his brief and disregard everything else LK says. Im starting to pick a side. Its the side or rationality. Only one person brought a gun and that same person has already changed his story. You can choose to believe every word a crazy person says but I will not.

4 Likes

Nobodyā€™s mind is changed.

16 Likes

When and where did I make this claim?

14 Likes

ā€¦

Barisone has never had a story on these threads until his lawsuit was posted.

29 Likes

Goody, another poster swallowing hook, line and sinker how innocent and wonderful Lauren Kanarek and Rob Goodwin are and how wonderfully they behaved while living at Hawthorne Hill. Uh-huh.

Someoneā€™s been drinking the kool-aid.

17 Likes