Unlimited access >

CWD rant

It must be. I was always told saddle behind scapula.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been riding in CWD since 2012, and now own 4 CWD saddles ( 2 monoflap a, 1 2G and 1 dressage saddle- multiple horses and Iā€™m an eventer - so multiple disciplines). Iā€™ve worked with 4 reps and 3 of the 4 were great, 1 not so much. I love all of my saddles, except when I use the wrong saddle on the wrong horse and it feels like sh*t. Didnā€™t realize it was the fit to the horse I was using it on ( I was being lazy and didnā€™t want to clean an extra saddle) and had just blamed the saddle.

My point to my ramblings, every saddle Iā€™ve ordered has come as ordered, on time if not faster than I expected and I always make sure to get the saddle fit checked when the saddle arrives. My reps have always helped to make sure my saddles fit and save me money where they can ( yes Iā€™ve had to pay more $$ to get panels changed to a horse to fit horses but thatā€™s normal) horses change as they age, especially when I get most of my horses as 4 year olds and they grow until they are 8 sometimes, taller and sometimes wider. The last saddle I ordered in December came in February, I was expecting at least April because of covid and holidays.

Fingers crossed for you!!

Wow!!!

I had a non-saddle-rep ā€œfitterā€ do the same thing in 2019. She also lectured me on my size versus my ponyā€™s size, which I did not ask for nor was I paying for. She refreshed the padding in my saddle but didnā€™t change the gullet, then shoved the saddle up on the wither. It wasā€¦oddā€¦ I struggled through the ride because it felt so unbalanced, and once home put it back where I normally put it. Had another non-saddle-rep fitter come out last year, though she recommends certain brands and carries certain brands but I donā€™t think she is paid by them. She immediately changed the gullet from what it was (a medium wide I think) to a 3XW, yes a THREE EXTRA WIDE, then placed the saddle correctly. Amazing difference, happy pony. Some fitters suck.

9 Likes

No way would I buy a saddle that needs a correction pad for it to fit right out of the gate! Especially for a really expensive, brand-new saddle like a CWD. The only exception would be to compensate for uneven muscling, with the plan for the saddle to fit once the muscling is addressed. I donā€™t think that any saddle should be sitting right on the scapula, regardless of tree flexibility; though I will say that I am not a trained saddle fitter. Then again, most CWD reps are not trained saddle fitters either; they have training from CWD to fit and sell CWD saddles. This is not to say all saddle reps are bad, but when saddle companies start claiming that theyā€™re re-inventing the wheel I tend to be a little skeptical.

5 Likes

I guess this is what happens when the company you are buying from seems to be more concerned with fashion than horses.

3 Likes

So did your saddle arrive on time last week and if so, how do you like it?

It did arrive! I paid extra for ā€œrushā€ shipping and it was estimated to arrive June 1st.

The saddle itself is very beautiful, extremely comfortable, and fits my horse nicely. It also puts me into a very natural position. I couldnā€™t be happier.

But, they did send the wrong stirrup leathers and it left me in a pinch. We were out of town and I discovered they were a 52ā€ instead of a 58ā€. So, I had to drive back home to get a pair off of my Butets.

Just check check and triple check your CWD orders

2 Likes

Iā€™m so happy for you that after all your worries it turned out so well! Its annoying about the leathers but thatā€™s a small issue as long as the saddle itself is correct. Enjoy!.

1 Like

Definitely small compared to the $9000 saddle, but still a giant PITA :roll_eyes:. Hopefully it gets sorted for her easier than it did for me. They must have been looking at the old size chart :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank goodness!!! Hopefully your stirrup leather situation works out better than mine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Resolved

2 Likes

Personally, I think taking peopleā€™s posts off this forum without their consent is a pretty poor means of arguing your case.

8 Likes

If you would like yours removed, just let me know.

I was wondering what was going on with all the zombie CWD threads getting revived :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thatā€™s some WEIRD behavior?!

4 Likes

You have a post on their site. Seems like sour grapes that they didnā€™t do their due diligence on reading the companyā€™s T&Cs and are now out the $2k deposit on the saddle they decided they didnā€™t want to order. (And before this person comes back and accuses me of being a CWD shill, I do not ride in one for many reasons.)

3 Likes

I thought this when I saw them revive the first thread. I wondered if they even had permission to use the quotes. Seems pretty bold to leave posters names on the screenshots - public BB or not.

2 Likes

We removed the duplicate posts bumping other old threads on this topic and removed the link to the website using content from our site without permission.

12 Likes