Unlimited access >

CWD: Redo on custom saddle?

My point is simply that the rep should have caught this, that’s all.

[QUOTE=amnich123;7595528]
I completely agree with the last paragraph. That’s what I’m finding about the saddle, its become clear that it’s too big.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know how old you are but at 16 ,the kid fit a CWD 16 1/2
at 18, a CWD 17 … unless you’re planning on replacing that saddle as you mature, consider if this saddle might work for you longterm (assuming that it really is not a mis-size etc).

Sounds as if your CWD rep will be out soon (I missed that you actually have a friday appointment in my earlier post), so just wait for that & don’t borrow worry :slight_smile:

Different leather. Demo was full calf, custom was grain.

OK then you need to do the break in before you can expect a similar feel BUT wait on your rep as it’s just a few days.
(though again going back to the kid, the calf felt different than the apparent same saddle in grain, even broken in - she actually preferred the grain :lol: - then rep brought in a brand new grain saddle & kid was the first to ride in it, completely different feel than the previous broken in grain but rep insisted it would be much the same … and she was right :winkgrin:)

vxf,

Right, I get what you’re driving at but I would argue that the trainer and rider have nearly equal responsibility. The reps have seen pretty much every seat and flap configuration every special snowflake has ever wanted; the trainer and rider (presumably) know how they want their saddle to fit and function and should do a thorough test ride.

One seat size (I’m assuming she actually means a half size, i.e. 17 to 16.5) is really not that massive of a difference. I’m either a half or whole seat size up from what I technically should be depending on the brand, deep/flat seat, etc. because I get claustrophobic in a seat that’s sized “correctly” for me. It’s not like she’s a five foot tall peanut asking for a 18 inch seat with the longest flap configuration.

Anyway, I have a feeling this is all moot because CWD will make it right but I would strongly recommend not counting on your rep to tell you if something is slightly off.

I guess my experience is different because I use reps not salespeople. And they actually do things like TAKE MEASUREMENTS. If I insisted on buying a “wrong size,” I am sure they’d let me-- but they wouldn’t sit idly by and say nothing as I was doing it. I’ve said to reps “I need a 17.5” and after everything is all measured, they tell me I need a 17". Would they PUSH the 17" on me if I insisted on the 17.5", no… but they wouldn’t just plop something on the horse’s back, no tracing or measuring and then say “you happy? Ok, hand over the credit card.” No. OP had some obligation to speak up if the fit felt wrong, but she was also entitled to expect good advice from someone who was supposed to be trained/more knowledgeable. She thinks the flap and seat are off. If that’s the case, I would expect the rep to mention something to someone who was about to spend $6000+ on a saddle that the buyer claimed felt fine but by the measurements was actually off.

I haven’t read all of the replies,but why don’t you wait & talk to the rep on friday,instead of “what iffing”?then go from there.

As I recall, you had doubts about this saddle right from the get go – I remember you writing that the balance was off for you when you first rode in it. Did you talk to the rep about it then?

If you have your complaint on record, they may be more inclined to replace the saddle. You’ve had that one now since the beginning of May.

For future reference, while I have had new saddles that were slippery when they were new, if they worked for me, the balance was always right.

[QUOTE=myrna;7595572]
I haven’t read all of the replies,but why don’t you wait & talk to the rep on friday,instead of “what iffing”?then go from there.[/QUOTE]

I am going to talk to her Friday. But I wanted to see if anyone has had this experience and been able to order the correct saddle without charge since it wasn’t right?

[QUOTE=Bogie;7595577]
As I recall, you had doubts about this saddle right from the get go – I remember you writing that the balance was off for you. Did you talk to the rep about it then?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I called Bart and even he told me the saddle would be fine, when in reality now that I have it and have hacked, jumped and broken it in… it’s not right.

Well, I hope they make it right. IIRC from your other thread someone said CWD has a 6 month fit guarantee, right? Which I would assume also applies to you, the rider, and not just the horse. My experiences with CWD show they are a good company who do stand behind their products, but like most of these businesses, how quickly things get resolved does depend a lot on your rep. Hope you have a good one. Good luck!

I would just wait and figure out what your rep says. Mine has been nothing but lovely.

I ordered a saddle with specs that I did not get to try (very apprehensively) but was assured that if the saddle that arrived was not to my liking fit wise that it would be fixed. I am kind of between flap sizes and the seat flap combo that we thought would work best is not very common (17" 3C).

Saddle arrived and as I have ridden in it I am concerned that the flap might be too big. My rep will be out to see me in the near future and I have no doubt that the issue will be resolved if it turns out to even be an issue.

Give your rep a chance to right it if there is an issue. Sounds like you ordered what you thought you liked? And a trainer was involved? Fit for horse and rider is guaranteed a year I think.

I don’t know what area of the country you are in, but the New England rep is great! I hope that you have good luck… I love CWDs!

[QUOTE=flowerpot;7596268]
I don’t know what area of the country you are in, but the New England rep is great! I hope that you have good luck… I love CWDs![/QUOTE]

I am actually in New England, so I’ll be resolving things with Gina!

Good luck! I have had great experiences with CWD. I recently had the rep out to fit my horse for a new saddle and we threw my old CWD on the horse for reference (I thought it didn’t fit for some reason) and turns out it fit better than the custom County. I was so happy because I hate riding the county and love the CWD, I was willing it buy a new one and she sold me on my old saddle for $0

[QUOTE=amnich123;7596280]
I am actually in New England, so I’ll be resolving things with Gina![/QUOTE]

Then perhaps consider renaming your thread so as not to insinuate she did something wrong.

[QUOTE=Bristol Bay;7596621]
Then perhaps consider renaming your thread so as not to insinuate she did something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Just did.

Really sorry to hear your saddle isn’t what you expected and hoped for it to be. I hope CWD makes it right for you. Keep us updated…

[QUOTE=Across Sicily;7597325]
Really sorry to hear your saddle isn’t what you expected and hoped for it to be. I hope CWD makes it right for you. Keep us updated…[/QUOTE]

Will do! I’ll post tomorrow evening and let you know how things went.

Hi there, I sent you a PM.

Don’t let them talking you into keeping it if you’re really unhappy. My guess is that will be their first strategy. That’s too much money to not be happy with what you bought.

[QUOTE=vxf111;7598841]
Don’t let them talking you into keeping it if you’re really unhappy. My guess is that will be their first strategy. That’s too much money to not be happy with what you bought.[/QUOTE]

Except OP rode in a demo saddle that was the same but calf vs grain, & coach etc approved - so if this saddle measures to spec, I don’t see that a change of opinion in fit has anything to do with CWD …

If saddle measures “off” I’d expect CWD to sort everything without charging OP any additional fees - I’d further expect CWD to offer some product compensation :wink: