Unlimited access >

Dehydration/minor colic JINGLES needed

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting Moonriver. :no:

It really makes me angry to see chantershelper taken advantage of, and that’s what I think has happened here. Someone feels sorry for a self proclaimed “victim”, buys into the story, extends a helping hand only to have that hand bitten. No wonder we as a society have gotten to the point that nobody gives money to the homeless fellow on the interstate exit ramp any more.:no:
Brain injury or not, Chanter is behaving like a spoiled brat and it confirms to many of us what we thought after reading her first post. Some people MAKE themselves victims so as not to have to get out there and bust their butts to take care of themselves.The old cake-and-eat-it-too syndrome. And if Chanter is more worried about her horse’s “oily water” than getting a job so as to PAY for said horse, well, there is more than a brain injury that is the problem here.
Chantershelper, is there anything we can do for YOU???

1 Like

Very well put Moonriver, very well put.

Amen to that, mrf!

I remember asking a simple question, and getting lambasted for it because how dare I question that “poor woman” in such a vile situation!

I’m glad to see that others are now thinking along the same vein.

dow jones? You are my new hero. Well said.

As one of the naysayers who were told to go away, I now find myself in the position of thinking “told ya so.” Chanter, you have been given so much, yet you continue to make everything a drama.

What bothers me most is that you didn’t deal with this issue on a personal and professional note with the owner of the facility–the person who busted their butt to help you. Your rudeness and selishness are showing through. I am sorry you are in this situation, but there are countless many of us who have been in situations similar and have made the decisions to sell our horses so they could lead better lives, and we could make it financially.

Whining is so not attractive. Neither is crying wolf.

Ps–I could use some nice blankets for my horse. Will someone send me a nice Rambo in size 78?

1 Like

Brain Injury? Who has a brain injury? Chanter? I’m not in any way belittiling or taking light the tragedy of such an injury, but there are services out there to help people who want and need help with any disability that truly makes living alone in society difficult. These are professionals with networks that can help with rehabilitation, jobs, housing, even social activities. I am not saying that someone with any “disability” cannot do such things on their own, but a brain injury can put a person in jeopardy living alone in society. Maybe that should be looked into?

Out of curiosity…does anyone PERSONALLY know Chanter or ChantersHelper?

It all kind of makes you wonder how bad that situation in Florida really was doesn’t it?

It’s kind of obvious who chantershelper is and I don’t personally know her but have met her before. Don’t have a clue who Chanter is and how it came about that chantershelper graciously opened her farm to Chanter. Funny thing is, I was thinking of the whole situation this weekend and praying that it would not end up badly with chantershelper regretting her act of kindness. It’s not too late for it to turn out well so hopefully it will!

I am curious how the Arab is doing today!

We asked at the beginning of this thread if Chanter had tapped into public health options for brain injured persons. Never did get an answer. I asked many times if she was receiving disability. Again no answer. Seems she had “computer issues” or a broken laptop or something.
Fast forward to now. She is “allowed” by whom to use a computer? And the gripes about her haing to spend HER money to move? Geez, the last time I moved, guess what - I had to spend my money, too!!
It really does make me wonder about the rat infested, no electricity, mean old landlord story. And I hate that. I am the person who still DOES give to the homeless man on the ramp, but Chanter’s story stunk to high heaven from the very beginning. I feel VERY sorry for those who pitched in to help her. And about the blanket request - seceral people offered, so does that mean Chanter will be receiving several blankets? Cause I could use an extra for one of my horses. :confused:

Mack needs a new blankie, too. :wink:

He’s been wearing Conny’s old, patched, and repatched Weatherbeeta, poor boy. Size 72 in red, please! :smiley:

MoonRiver, those were excellent questions. As to then being ignored, that defintiely shows an issue. Your questions were long term productive and offered true solutions.

There might be “availability” out there (depending on where you live… you’re really screwed if you live in a rural area and cannot tolerate traveling more than 1/2 hour in the car) but the accessibility of such organizations is rather wanting. The screening process is like climbing Mt. Everest multiple times… and going into dr’s appointment after doctor’s appointment where the doc has made up his mind that you’re lying your arse off before you ever walked in the door of his clinic makes one feel rather beaten up. After enough of these experiences, one loses hope that there will ever be help out of their situation. There also needs to be much more research and understanding of brain injuries before any of these programs can really help everyone with a brain injury. You have to participate on the organization’s terms and if their services don’t fit your individual needs, then there is no help from that organization. That part really sucks because brain injuries are so individualized and until there are organizations that are willing and able to work with a person and taylor the program/ services offered to the individual, then there will continue to be a largely underserved population of brain injury survivors living in the shadows, completely forgotten.

I’m sure your horse will be fine once he adjusts. Some horsies tend to be a bit picky and take awhile to get used to new tastes. I have an app gelding that is a pita, I have to haul home water to shows for him. The basis of horse care is you do what you have to, otherwise don’t own them. So get out there and haul water, and entice him to anyway you can, beetpulp slew, apples, whatever to get fluids into him. , anyway you can:)

As for the rest of your complaining diatribe Chanter well… I have nothing polite enough to say about it. Shame on you, is the most PC thing I can come up with.

Yep, I was callous and a person who liked to “pick on a brain damaged woman” when I advised caution in general re internet “pleas”. Like one thing had anything to do with the other.

It will be too bad if those who urged compassion for the brain injured now get all bent because the brain injured person is being less than grateful for their efforts. All the chastizing earlier centered around the alleged fact that this is just how “these people” act, and that we needed to understand that. I don’t buy into that at all. But if someone really believes that to be the sole issue, then nothing has changed, and it is inconsistent to quit offering help.

OTOH, I still think the complaints make absolutely no sense, and now would hope that something can be done for these horses. They need some help.

I still wonder what the “real” story is.
Paging Paul Harvey.

I’m still wondering why her “service” dogs are intact males, and just what “service” they’re trained for. Never got a definitive answer on that, either.

TBsRgr8,
That is very sad. But thank you for that information, I just wonder if some form of professional social services( even if not specifically geared to brain injury) would be better equipeed to help someone in this situation rather than “well meaning” people on a BB who may not be trained or have the true resources to do so?

In order for someone to get help, they have to WANT to get help. Just because someone has a disability, doesn’t mean that they are automatically a “nice” person. People with disabilities can be whiny, controlling, manipulative people, who just happen to have a disability. I get the impression that Chanter wants everyone to just hand everything to her, and play the part of “victim”. Now, I even am starting to doubt that the previous situation at her barn was even true, and feel bad that the caretaker of the barn was threatened.

I really hope everything works out for chantershelper, as I think she is the one that is going to get taken advantage of.

That WAS answered and the answer was that they are seizure-sensing dogs. Most of these dogs who have the capacity to do so are believed to have an innate sense of being able to pick up cues from the person who gets seizures before the person even notices the signs. The dog then will alert the human to sit (and some dogs will grab the owner’s wrist and pull them to the floor) where they will not be hurt from a fall when the seizure begins. Because it is uncertain whether it is a heritable trait that can be passed from generation to generation of dog or if it is truely just an “individual” dog thing, they are tending to leave dogs intact until they can study further to know if it is or is not a heritable trait.

[QUOTE=TBsRgr8;2166870]
That WAS answered and the answer was that they are seizure-sensing dogs. Most of these dogs who have the capacity to do so are believed to have an innate sense of being able to pick up cues from the person who gets seizures before the person even notices the signs. The dog then will alert the human to sit (and some dogs will grab the owner’s wrist and pull them to the floor) where they will not be hurt from a fall when the seizure begins. Because it is uncertain whether it is a heritable trait that can be passed from generation to generation of dog or if it is truely just an “individual” dog thing, they are tending to leave dogs intact until they can study further to know if it is or is not a heritable trait.[/QUOTE]

I doubt the Shih tsu can reach her wrist…maybe her shoelace???