Unlimited access >

DESPERATE TO MOVE! They're here! pg 26

My horses arrived today & I am thrilled to have them in my presence again! Update on page 26. :slight_smile:

See my post many, many pages from this on, 1/13.2007. SHIPPERS still have not picked up my horses!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Long

:eek: Life has simply gone from bad to worse. :eek:

I lived in a real dive for the past year & a half with abundant large rats & huge Florida cockroaches. As in my big dog one day literally killed 18 rats in a single session. No bathroom light for 8 months. The other lights/electricity as whole going out constantly from the breakers popping due to very bad electrical wiring issues. At times was left w/o electricity in half the apartment (living room/kitchen/dining room) for several days several different times, including one time for nearly four (4) whole months. I cannot tell you how many times I lost all the food & horse meds/vaccinations in the fridge/freezer from no electricity! Having hot water was a joke. Heck, having water at all sometimes was joke. They never even provided heat as required by state law either.

I finally filed with HUD & the State Human Rights Commission who went all over this like white on rice & are still going through the formal investigation process. I moved out December 1st, knowing I was in the total legal clear of myself having done nothing wrong by State & Federal statutes, as I was simply tired of being such a hell hole. I thought I was finally doing the right thing for myself by moving out when I legally did not have to move.

But I moved out financially sucked dry. My income is not much to begin with, & this year alone I had to replace over $1,000. in lost items from the fridge, & then there is all I lost last year also out of the fridge too. It really adds up. Plus my hay & other stuff stolen out of the barn aisleway. Besides coming back from foal watch to find my apartment wide open & cash/stuff missing. On my income it is simply very difficult to financially recover from. Plus my big dog was poisoned when a trainer threw Golden Malrin all over the barn aisleway (EXCEEDINGLY IMPROPER USE OF THIS FLY BAIT!!! :mad: ) That too cost me several hundred dollars earlier this year.

So as said, December 1st I moved onto another farm. OMG, the stuff that goes on here is just plain hideous & down right criminal!! :eek: :eek: But it is ALL my word against the Farm Mgr, whom is the only other person here; & the one doing the very, very bad things to these poor animals whose care they are entrusted to!

I have witnessed him beat horses on several occaisions. Why did I not call Animal Control when it was happening? Quite frankly, I was SCARED he was to then turn on & start beating me with the same vengence as he was beating the horses! He literally broke a poop fork on one, so immediately grabbed the leaf rake & went back into the stall & started beating the same horse all over again. Realising he had beat the wrong horse (like there is a right one to beat?), he then went into the next stall & starting beating the horse that had actually kicked down couple of of old stall boards between the two horses.

Mere minutes later he then did verbally go off on me (a daily occurance). Yes, I was petrified. He then proceeded to rant to me about how he had tried to dump off somewhere one of the 12 dogs legally left with this property, but the blank-blank dog had found its way back to the farm.

This is not the first time I have witnessed him abusing horses, it has been from weanlings to yearlings to broodmares & the training horses. He also at times tries to run down the inherited farm dogs with the truck. One day last week he babbled on & on the next morning when he thought he finally had killed one of the dogs when he had hit it with the truck & it had crawled off to hide for hours. He absolutely hates the inherited Arabian horses with an extroidinary passion! :eek:

I ALREADY have brusies where this farm mgr has multiple times grabbed me so hard he has left bruises; has literally yanked me off my feet in anger when supposedly pointing out where the telephone installer was to look for the phone box for my phone; & I do not even know how many times he has hit me with the truck when feeding. Yes, I am scared. Very, very scared for me & my animals!

And remember, I am the same person that was fired from a farm just last month for going to the owner about a co-worker kicking a horse in the head!

There is great more detail as to incidents on this farm, but I leery of posting them at this time. From legal type replies I have read when others have posted about bad type things happening, it seems they have often been warned about posting too much info

Why have I not already left??? In all seriousness, to go where with what money?! :confused: I am desperately asking for help! I have two horses, & two dogs. I will move anywhere in the country.

PLEASE, someone, anyone that can help get me out of here NOW, I will move wherever. My two dogs & two horses must come with me. Dogs are EXTREMELY well socialized. The horses are geldings.

THANK YOU in advance for reading all the way through this, & for any sincere offers of a place to move to immediately!!! Let’s make a deal, housing for work! :yes:

Yes, you may cross post this to other boards. ChanterWins@yahoo.com

ok to crosspost?

1 Like

This is not good. Sorry, I don’t have a place for you to go. But let me know if there is any other way I can help.

OMG Chanter - I am so sorry you are going through this. If I had any way to help you I would, but I have no extra room and jobs are next to impossible to find in MI right now. I will pray and jingle for your safety and future.

I am 3000 miles away from you so I cannot help in any hands-on way, but please, please, after you do get out, go to the police about this man’s assault on you. This may be the only thing that stops him in his tracks - a complaint by a human being. Remember, you are the only one who can complain.

Sorry that I do not have a place for you to stay either. Would he consider having a rescue (or two) pick up the “hated” dogs and horses? Would he let you post these dogs and horses free to good homes? Maybe some of the posters on this forum could at least help out by finding them good homes. Lots of luck and I hope someone can come through for you even if it’s only temperary.

the dogs and the araibian horses that came with the farm sound very familer to me. i have done work at this (if the same farm) and have known the farm manager for sometime now. i hope with all of my heart that we are not speaking about the same person, i have never witnessed any of the behavior(and am not saying it is not happening), if it is then you need to go to the police. i wish i could help you, but i too am without any money as of recently.no xmas for my SO or my family, and that just kills me. this has been a hard year on a lot of people, and you need to do what is best for you.
chanter, would this farm be off of hwy.316 near the interstate? please pm me if needed.

WOW
Chanter, go to the cops.
This guy assaulted you.
Maybe a dog rescue can take the inherited dogs, and a horse rescue the inherited horses, but the jerk likely wants money for the horses.
I don’t know anyone in Florida with horses.
Maybe one of the TB retirement places could give you leads.
I will ask some of my Canuck friends if they know someone down there.

Please stay safe.

Chanter,
E-mail me directly (k.lauralynn@gmail.com) if you’re still in need. I may have a way for you to get out of that situation, as well as housing your horses (not 100% sure about the dog right now…). Free rent with a job to help you save up some cash.

As for right now, I understand your fear, but I would call the police and sit down with a detective, explaining the situation fully. I don’t know what kind of deal you can make, (as I assume you’re fearing retaliation if the police and the ASCPA just randomly showed up to check on this guy), but you at least need to get something submitted formally.

E-mail me if you need to and best of luck…

Chanter… Sorry you are going through this…

I would consider taking the dogs to a rescue and selling your horses or placing them in a rescue or with friends, and moving away. You need a fresh start. Sometimes in order to do so you need to make harsh sacrifices.

Good luck. Hope COTH can work some magic

You can do it. Just stay focussed on 1 task at a time.

First get your horses out of there to cut that tie. If necessary a rescue, and let them know about the other horses.

Then go straight to the authorities. To the police for BMs assaults on you and the animals. If you still have bruises, get pix. And then report the animal abuse to the state. The reporting will take just 1 day.

And then look for a place for your dogs. Again, if necessary a rescue.

And then get yourself a decent place to live and get back on your feet. You can’t live in a h*llhole and take care of others. You have to take care of yourself first. It’s not being selfish…you need a good foundation for you if you’re to take care of others too.

The more focussed you stay, the quicker you’ll be able to make those changes. Once you’re truly back on your feet, you may be able to get your critters back. But first you have to get all of you safe.

When a trainer abused my horse it took me 4 days to line up a new barn and a trailer ride. And when the last place I boarded in Mass tried to pull a nasty fast one, it took me 1 day to get him out of there and hide him.

In both cases, I looked through every local grain store and tack shop for backyard ads. Nothing high profile because you don’t know who talks to who. In the 2nd case, it was a Friday evening and I ended up literally driving around from place to place and handwalked my horse 4 miles across town. Also try contacting your vet(s) and farrier. They get around…they may know places that have room.

OMG, get out of there before he kills you or 1 of your animals! That guy is not right in the head, please report him, do what you can and get away from there quick!
Pray hard, it works believe me (I am not a religous person by all means, but I do pray when the going gets tuff).
GOOD LUCK and many jingles comming your way!

Agree, cut the problem into bites first. Start asking at feed stores and tack shops if anyone has a field with run in you can rent to field board your horses on the cheap and get them out of there.
See about finding a temp home for the dogs…get them out of there.
Then get yourself out of there. You can take an extra one or two night a week waitressing job and be able to afford a one room at least. Or go to a temp agency about becoming a live-in care helper for seniors. Or the YMCA for short term.
Then call AC, the police, whoever owns these horses if they’re not the BO’s.
Stay out of his way if you’re the timid type and that man should thank his lucky stars it’s not me renting out there. There’s a few pieces of large equipment I’d be breaking over his arse. :yes:
Honestly…as hard as it seems to leave there due to financial reasons: Remember there’s always a way to do it even if it means breaking yourself and your pets up for a while. Don’t wait to find something you, the dogs and horses can move into right away. Just do what you have to for short term to get out. Safety is more important than convenience or finances. Time for the tough decisions.

I have to agree with the majority here…get the horses out, then the dogs, then yourself.

Take a few minutes, find the local police station, sit down with an officer and relate what has gone on. I am not clear whether this abuser is the BM for an absentee owner, or trust? Whatever the case, you need to go find a quiet place and write down everything you observed (facts only please) and on what date they occured. That needs to be given to whoever owns those poor animals.

I know a couple people online in your area, I will shoot them an email, see if they can help any…

I agree with getting your animals out NOW. The other ones he doesn’t want too.

Please check into your local law enforcement about learning self defense. And report this jerk. He no right and no reason to put his hands on you.

how can she go she doesnt have any money

can someone out ther help this girl shes scared as hes attacked hre once moved she can then get all sorted and onform the barn owners but not when shes there for obvious reasons

COTHers have PM’d her, and I’m sure knowing COTHers more will come to help her.

Why me?! The screen on my laptop has gone all dark!!! I am having to sit here with it tilted at a very off angle to some artificial lighting & I can still just barely, barely read the screen. Any geeks that can tell me what happened to it? It was just fine. I left to do some searching for pasture & to buy a locking gas cap, come back, turn it on & now it is SUDDENLY like this. WTF?! ARGHHHHH

Humane Society is coming tomorrow to start taking picts & documenting. Morgan Silver at the Horse Protection League called her connection at Code Enforcement that handles animal abuse in this county, though she is still out for the holidays. At least I have the ball rolling for these poor Arab horses!

Will check my PM’s, but this screen seems to be fading even more, or since the sun is now down I do not have the benefit of its light also helping me.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ANY PRAYERS, JINGLES,
& ANY OFFERS OF HELP YOU CAN SEND MY WAY!

Chanter

Bump

Update Please??

Anyone know what is going on?? Chanter Please be careful! :eek: