Unlimited access >

Dressage attire guidelines

There is another pattern of that shirt that is more of a stripe, but not super-pronounced. It’s a really flattering shirt, but caution, it runs small.

1 Like

Any more clarity on whether polo shirts allowed? Lol

Right?? They show a rider in one in the illustration on Level 1 competition attire.

Edit: Ah, I had to re-read to check, further down they do say that if coats are waived, sleeves and a collar are required.

The “integrated” collar they showed is…not like any integrated snap collar I’ve seen on a show shirt. It’s like they went out of their way to show weird examples, even for the “allowed” or normal attire.

5 Likes

Thanks! Will size up.

The metal tags are pretty hard to cut off on those pads, and also the Equestrian Stockholm. I looked at doing it for my pads, but it would destroy the fabric because they’re glued on.

1 Like

On the ruffle it is a hang tag that would come off easily. I might send an email about the crown quilting. Or just use a navy pad I already have.

Agreed lol

Having trouble telling what is allowed with the plaid and not allowed. I’ve been eyeing this jacket, but not sure if subdued enough.

4 Likes

That’s tough, it looks like it doesn’t have multiple colors in the cross-hatching which seems to be a dividing line between “discreet” and “not discreet”. But it’s also not traditional plaid so they might not like it?

Regardless, I like it. I didn’t before but now I want a tonal windowpane jacket (now who makes that one in technical fabric? I can make my own but even sourcing fabric aside from spoonflower that is going to be a pain … no pun intended)

2 Likes

Here’s my take on it: if you stand across a small room and squint, and can still easily see a pattern or different colors in the body of the coat, it’s probably not going to be allowed. I would say that the gorgeous coat @luvmyhackney is eying is borderline. Send a pic to USEF and ask. I hope the answer is that it’s good to go, because it really is beautiful.

9 Likes

Another vote that this jacket is gorgeous!

(Also have no clue if it is allowed or not, but darn, sure is pretty.)

GO FOR IT!!!’
:grinning:

for fun - Does anyone have any suggestions of what other colour breech from the colour swatch they provide might look good with a maroon jacket?

This jacket to be specific…and brown boots/

1 Like

That is a beautiful jacket. To me, it looks “legal” because there isn’t much variation in the colors.

Where does one find such a show coat?

Well, I saw some lovely shades of carnation pink that are, apparently, allowed. :wink:

But seriously… Probably a boring, pale taupe or silvery gray would work best; something neutral.

2 Likes

silvery gray would be nice. Actually…I have a custom mattes half pad I just got thats light pink with maroon piping hahahaha so hey that pink might work :joy:

4 Likes

samshield made a breech called “vintage rose” that I would totally do with this coat if it wouldn’t make me look like I was nude on the bottom half :rofl:

4 Likes

With this jacket and boots, I would stick with white, beige, or a pale grey.

That pic with all the myriad colors of breeches…Tailored Sportsman. And I can find no evidence that those colors come in full seats. :frowning: Hope they realize a huge market just opened and start adding mid-high rise full seats in those colors.

3 Likes

Maybe an olive shade could work, too.

i would like a gold-toned beige with the maroon. But, what color is your horse? If s/he’s a blood bay you might not want gold and have to go with a gray instead.

1 Like