Unlimited access >

Dressage - Michael Barisone

Not weird, they are being sued too.

10 Likes

What’s weird is that some people are so obsessed with the details of this case. Why does it matter?

8 Likes

well have all, or least I have, seen crazy clients and wonder if warning signs were ignored

11 Likes

The very same reason there are so many channels available that cover true crime stuff. It is not just the people on this forum, it is clearly enough of the population that there are multiple channels that give details on crimes. Here we are interested because it is a horse person.

And heck - details help us try to understand.

14 Likes

It was pretty shocking that a high level dressage trainer would shoot his own multiple horse client, IMO.

5 Likes

Yes, I forget the names of all the entities, but I do recall the lawsuit named Barisone plus I think two business entities connected to his operation. That’s fairly standard practice, to name all the iterations of a given business.

But the thing that puzzles me is how any Coth poster could supply a complete list of everything they ever posted here!! I guess there is a “my posts” function but what about things you altered or deleted or that got lost in the platform change?

1 Like

I would guess, like all things computer, it is out there and the powers in charge of all things computer at COTH can get it. It does not seem like that big of an obstacle.

7 Likes

So, if she’d only had one horse with him, or a lease, it would have been less shocking? :rofl:

10 Likes

If you want me to take your “question” seriously (you probably don’t), I think the fact that the victim was rich with 3 or 4 high level horses was integral to the tragedy.

If Lauren had been well off, but not uber rich, with only one, leased horse, it seems unlikely that anyone would go to the psychological extreme of shooting her, as opposed to just telling her to leave.

So Barisone going to the extreme of shooting a normal, merely well off client with just one, average quality, leased horse would have been MORE shocking.

As shocking as it was, when you combine two “big personalities”, shall we say, within the backdrop of lots and lots of money, and girlfriends with Olympic aspirations, that’s the context in which bizarre and tragic things tend to happen.

When I first heard of the shooting (I don’t know if someone mentioned it or I saw a headline), I envisioned the trainer in the middle of the arena during a lesson pulling a gun and shooting his client as she rode. That was a very bizarre picture. When I later learned that the shooting did not occur within a training session, and not while Lauren was mounted, it seemed ever so slightly less bizarre.

2 Likes

Wut

16 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

Huh?

I make sure I only use trainers who shoot customers who have more than one horse with them, and I NEVER send more than one for training! I make sure it is included in the training contract to make sure we are both clear on the requirements!

That solves that issue!

On a serious note, when are certain people going to understand this has nothing to do with how many horses she did or didn’t have with Barisone? Those numbers are totally irrelevant!

It had to do with a relationship that was not healthy and should have ended. It does apear that one party did not want the relationship to end.

Pretty damn simple, isn’t it???

34 Likes

This is obviously good practice because, unless I missed something, you have not been shot yet.

30 Likes

Nope, still intact here @ASB_Stars!

I can gladly share my contract will all who are interested!

4 Likes

Exactly. If an ordinary, non wealthy client with one ordinary leased horse in training had subjected Barisone to whatever objective behavior Lauren is claimed to have perpetrated, it would be even more unfathomable that Barisone would have done anything other than tell the client to leave.

There was something “important” about Lauren that caused him not to just ask her to leave, with or without 30 days notice. “Important” often means $$$$ and multiple high level horses.

If you mean his guilt or innocence does not depend of the number or value of her horses, I agree with you there.

1 Like

He did ask her to leave repeatedly …

33 Likes

I know I am going to regret this, but…

Do you SERIOUSLY believe she was not asked to leave? What the heck are you smoking?

She was repeatedly asked to leave. She refused to go. She was hell bent on torturing the man.

38 Likes

If I were a trainer (I’m not) I would not sign a contract voluntarily stipulating that I was in the habit of shooting only multiple horse clients.

I feel your pain…

1 Like