Unlimited access >

Equestrian Stockholm saddle pads

@Jealoushe, you have inspired me to buy some more Lemieux pads, since they are on sale with Black Friday. I am going to order the Azure and Dijon, but just in the suede because I am horrible to my saddle pads and those ones wear like iron.

Hope they go with my bay mare that has more of a gold undertone :raised_hands:

I really wanted an Equestrian Stockholm pad, but they are just more money than I’m willing to spend. Maybe one day I’ll splurge and buy a full set lol

i got these. Nothing sexy, just utilitarian. What did you get?

Our saddle fitter swears by Le Mieux because of the withers shaping & the fact that you can connect the velcro keeper doohickeys to the saddle D-rings. I can see where the contour of the withers might not fit every horse, though.

Child was into color coordination a few years ago & had an orangish pad I referred to as “The Tangerine Dream”, plus matching halter/lead & polo shirt in the same with olive accents. Now, she just wants white. :frowning: Horse is grey & white pads never stay white long. I’m planning to buy some navy satin dressage pads for him :grimacing:

2 Likes

The saddle d ring dookickey trick really only works if you don’t use a halfpad on top of the pad, so I find them useless. Just my experience!

1 Like

Or if you use a breastplate that connects on D rings (though I still love Le Mieux).

1 Like

@TheDBYC this is in the Black Friday Sale.

https://www.lemieuxproducts.com/black-friday/black-friday-collections/heritage-essential-gp-square-navy/?utm_source=E-Shot&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=261121_BlackFriday5

1 Like

@endlessclimb oh, but the Le Mieux half pads can do it too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ! @SadieRidingHorses, their Pro-sorb line is apparently designed to work around that :grimacing:

I’m kidding! Was just fascinated that I’d somehow missed that Le Mieux pads did this trick up until when she showed me during a saddle fitting this past summer.

Now that I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of their website, why did they only make one fleece jacket this season? It’s already sold out. Boooooooo. :rage:

2 Likes

The Dapper Horse has some of the ES pads on sale that are not on sale on the ES page

What??? How? I use them every day with a 1/2 pad.

6 Likes

I got 2 sets of polos - Oak and rioja, then treated myself to a new toque, headband and liberty roll sweater (have one already and love it)

Also bought the Rioja CC pad. And then just bought the heritage pad and bonnet that came up today as limited edition :sweat_smile: went ahead and treated myself for Christmas ahahha

3 Likes

Do you know if the merino half lined CC pad is available anywhere in colors other than black or white? I thought it came in a few other colors, but maybe I imagined that lol

What color did you get in the heritage? I thought they were all cute but the AP cut doesn’t suit my saddles as well.

Even though I’m not buying LeMieux at the moment, I’m still mad they didn’t make the Heritage colors available in dressage cut.

6 Likes

that pumpkin color is perfect for your guy(gal?)…(almost too gorgeous to be a boy)

My half pad covers them entirely. I also think most people ride with too much pad in front of the saddle, so I position further back. Likely the cause of the issue!

That said, my pads never slip down after being pulled into the channel so I never needed the straps!

1 Like

Same! I saw that this morning and I was so annoyed. I’ve frankly gotten bored with the LeMieux colors. They’re great pads, but unless I get them embroidered, they’re just kind of ho-hum. I love plaids and patterns and just ordered one of the new Anky winter collection pads (which I wasn’t sure I’d love, but I have a tan sparkly snakeskin one that I really adore!). I also have a burgundy ES pad and a red tartan plaid on the way. I was also this close to ordering that same Eskadron pad you mentioned! My addiction is more than a little ridiculous considering I only have one horse.

2 Likes

I was considering an Anky pad since there are a few colors/designs I like. I haven’t looked at the dimensions. They seem like an OK size/hopefully my horse wouldn’t be eaten by them.

I did buy a black velvet crystal Eskadron Reflexx pad that looks classy (if we can call ourselves that :sweat_smile:) on my bright bay.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the pads with the memory foam in front?

Yes, I have a few. I don’t mind them. I have no issues with my saddle pads really moving anyway. Sort of like not having straps, actually.

What do you mean too much pad in front??

Thank you (mare :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) and that’s the paprika colour for anyone interested.

@lenapesadie they do have other colours but they’re outdated ones. My boarder has that in olive green but it’s older.

@MsM I have 2 of them and I love them too.

2 Likes