Unlimited access >

Equestrian Stockholm saddle pads

Fascinating! Will have to try that to see if it works - but I do feel like my Le Mieux halfpad gets in the way. :wink:

1 Like

Equestrian Stockholm is having a Black Friday sale as well.

1 Like

I was wondering if it would not be that great at my mare’s big muttony wither. Decided i’d just cut it with shears if it is.

at 7:40pm i got a call from DhL that they left my package (LeMieux) up at the gate :slight_smile:

They used to, but all limited edition. I have a Benetton blue one somewhere. You do get a few pop up on eBay (uk) that are unused but they tend to be very expensive! Same with the merino 1/2 lined pads.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! That’s a pretty color!

I’ll keep a lookout on eBay and FB. I wouldn’t be opposed to used. I was referring to the half lined as I didn’t realize there was a fully lined!

Black half lined would be more than ok I just would prefer a more fun color if I’m gonna spend that much on a saddle pad! Maybe if I wait long enough they’ll make it in Dijon…

Mattes is arguably a better quality sheepskin than Lemieux and Mattes makes every color under the sun. You can customize everything and even get colored sheepskin. In any combo with the pad fabric.

6 Likes

I agree with you regarding the sheepskin, and if I were purchasing a full-sized dressage pad with sheepskin on the underside, I would totally go for Mattes over most other brands. What I don’t like about the regular Mattes pads, sans sheepskin, is how much of a struggle it is to get hair out of/off the underside. For some reason, hair really seems to stick to the fabric and I know that long term, that would drive me nuts. But I do really love all their customization options, so perhaps at some point, I’ll give in and try them again.

Thanks for sharing!

The configuator thing in their website is fun!

1 Like

That’s interesting. Kinda a bummer. I just brushed one of my LeMieux pads of; they clean up easy.

Ah I’ve never had a Mattes cloth pad just sheepskin. I find the wicking bamboo on Ogilvy and LeMeiux gets dirty fast.

Yes! And three times the price hahaha I love mattes though, I wish I could have more lol

I agree they get dirty easy but they also clean up well. I wash mine every 1-2 rides.

1 Like

careful, its dangerous hahaha

1 Like

When you purchase via Hufglocken you can often get them for %25 off

2 Likes

Thats the only way I can afford it hahaha

1 Like

They are pretty pricey. I noted the jump style wasn’t as common as the AP and dressage styles and that the jump style didn’t appear terribly forward in the flap. My saddles have a fairly forward flap and I would be crushed to spend big bucks on a saddle pad to find it didn’t fit my saddle!

My mom has some ram lambs slated for butcher this winter. Maybe I can make my own lamb skin lined saddle pads? Or be like back in the dark ages where folded towels = correction pad and just flop a lamb skin on horse before putting on the saddle pad. Or stalk FB for a used LeMieux half lined pad or settle for black.

It’s $68 for a plain cotton Mattes pad in custom colors with 2 rows of pipping and no fleece. The Stockholm pads I haven’t seen for less than that.

Mattes are worth it for the sheepskin but I was so underwhelmed with my custom cotton pad. As mentioned above the underside is like Velcro for hair. It was also really puffy and clunky looking. I prefer the minimal look and feel of a suede lemieux personally.

4 Likes

I get a ton of compliments on mine as work pads. I’d be happy to try other pads but the Stockholm ones are so expensive.

That is reasonable for a pad in custom colors. It’s just the lamb skin lined ones that are high as the cats back lol

2 Likes

I ride in a Voltaire monoflap which is pretty forward. Here is my custom pad and how it fits for reference.

12 Likes