Unlimited access >

Farnley ponies, Foxhollow ponies & Glenmore ponies

I showed pony hunter in MD back in the late 70s early 80s. One of the top ponies on our local circuit (Eastern Shore of MD) was Farnley Monte first shown by Dona Hurt, (my trainer’s daughter and then sold to the Kenworthys of DE.) He won everything! I had a little pony named Bayside Bethai (believe she came from Liseter bloodlines) She developed melanoma and become a broodmare for Woodlands, Sue Meredith was a wonderful lady and I think Woodlands should be right up there with the rest of the names on this thread.

Ponies are the best!

Just make sure you register your prefix (the Virginia Pony Breeders have a form and you pay a fee).

If a buyer drops a registered prefix, they have to pay to do so, or be fined.

I know USEF also charges for a name change. Do you mean register the prefix with USEF, as obviously mine are not VPBA ponies?

The USEF doesn’t have a prefix registration, just a name and there is the fee to change the name. The Florida Pony Breeders should have a prefix registration however.

Smokey Joe?

Who remembers Smokey Joe? I worked for the daughter of his owner / breeder(?_) I thought noone knew with any certainty :winkgrin:of his breeding I do recall her saying that in many pictures . photos, of him over fences; the kids had their eyes shut:lol:!

Shenandoah White Lace

[QUOTE=Penthilisea;3339896]
Shenandoah White Lace, but I don’t know the rider…[/QUOTE]

Rider was Mary Doll

Glenmore Twilight
Glenmore Pinkie
Farnley Nimble
Shenandoah Gambit
Shenandoah Gamble
Farnley Momento
Woodlands Magic or Magical Cloud
Farnley Love Child
Funny Face was that one a Farnley?
Zims Knee High
Shenandoah Sundowner
Liseter Clever Star
Liseter Gold Coin
Farnley Turban??
Farnley Hawkeye
Glenmore Playfair

Foxlair Poker
Polaris Ponies

[QUOTE=Summerwood;4323216]
Not sure if this has already been answered PWynn, but Clovercroft and Clovermeade has one of the same owners. You can see the article in the current issue of Paisley Pony about Cloe Olympian. Cheryl Patton and her partner (cannot remember her name right now) went their seperate ways and the name changed to Clovermeade.

Sandy-Both my colts from 2008 were registered with my prefix and lifetime USEF. There was a thread on here a while ago discussing whether or not it was a waste of money to register with the USEF at a young age because people just change the name anyways. I decided to try it and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Mary Lambert, is that her name? I have a 5-year-old by Cloe Olympian and she’s who we went through to breed our mare. We tried to have a second but it didn’t take. My mare is super cute, a little behind though because I’ve been at college but she’ll be on her way. She’s pretty fancy.

Farnley Bronze Star - Chester Broman

Farnley Hawkeye - Christine Cavallaro

Anyone know who had Glenmore Peppermint Patti!? She went to her to WIHS and PF. Got 2nd at WIHS.

Farnley Loki and Laurel Mullen, Heather Hayes
Farnley Old Bailey and Drew Taylor
Farnley Nimble and Ann Garnet
Woodlands Carousel
Farnley Solo
Woodlands Random Chance

But it was somone else who rode him in eventing down here. I can “see” her, but I am drawing a blank on her name.

He regularlay beat the full sized horses at Novice and Training.

I didn’t know “Missy” Cavallaro owned Hawkeye at one time. Our families have been friends for more than 40 years, in fact I am still in touch with her mother. I’m sure you are right and Missy didn’t event him though.

[QUOTE=STA;4933103]
Farnley Bronze Star - Chester Broman[/QUOTE] I remember Bronzie… Chris Broman rode him… Wonder what his (the pony’s :slight_smile: ) breeding was?

I remember Nettles doing leadline… I think for the Matz’s kids…

What a great thread!

[QUOTE=Sunny14;3855578]
Does anyone know what ever became of Farnley Blue Chip or Farnely Hi C. The last I remember of Blue Chip was Mandy Moore had him and did really well in the larges at WEF in the 1980’s.

Susan Linton had Hi C and won the AHSA medium pony title in the 80’s as well but then I dont remember hearing much about the pony after that.[/QUOTE]

As you already posted at the beginning of the thread, Elizabeth Landy bought High C from Susan Linton, and showed her all up and down the East Coast. The Landy’s owned her until her death just a few years ago. If I’m not mistaken, I believe she had one foal - not sure where he ended up - Florida maybe.

Confirmed! Shenadoah White Lace (Lacey) is at Dreams Come True Theraputic Riding Center in Pittstown, NJ as of Sept. 2010, being loved on!

Farnley Bronze Star - Laura Wright-McLellan
I owned Bronze Star before Chester. He was welsh/TB

I showed against Blue Chip & Hillary S at Motor City/Detriot in '90. I recall him being an “old” pony then.

blue chip

farnley blue chip was shown and owned by Hillary Schlusemeyer, was retired and eventually passed on. Farnley Hi C was retired to being a broodmare some time ago…and just as a side not McGreggor finally passed on about 2 months ago…mean as a snake til the end…