Unlimited access >

Foal Patrol 2022

Feed back, just eating now

Got the text from foal patrol ā€œsigns of foalingā€ but all seems calm now

Elate is looking promising now. Some pacing, kicking at her belly, light pawing, and yawning.

She does look uncomfortableā€¦sometimes looking back at her belly, shifting her weight behind.

Sheā€™s making me dizzy with all her pacing!

Everytime I check in periodically sheā€™s either standing or eating, am I missing something? Lol

Sheā€™s going back and forth between walking circles and snoozing/eating. Definitely not ā€œall systems goā€ yet, but she has been pretty uncomfortable all evening.

2 Likes

Really walking now

NOT happy with the watchmen, pinned ears and a threatened bite! Chill girl lol

Just tuned in to the video. Saw the number of people watching. Looks to be soon?

Iā€™m still surprised that such a prestigious farm doesnā€™t have bigger foaling stalls.

Sheā€™s been at this for three hours now, almost constantly

Tryingā€¦but not sure I can stay awake for this one lol

Here we go, finally.

And baby! Anyone know what they were doing right before? I was confused

Colt!

Looked like a fairly easy delivery once she finally decided to get down to business.

A colt, had to pull him.

It didnā€™t appear to me that they were actually ā€œpullingā€, just providing traction. Thatā€™s SOP at a lot of Thoroughbred operations, in my experience.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know.

1 Like

It is definitely not the first time that the people you see in the stall have attended a foaling mare.

The foal is out of a great race mare and by Speightstown. There are no beginners making decisions on how to handle the foaling.

She seems to have a good maternal instinct so far. :+1:

Looks like a very nice colt. Havenā€™t seen him up yet though.

And the feed has frozen. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Up and attempting to nurse!

He looks like nice one. :grinning:

Oh, I wish heā€™d latch on.