Unlimited access >

Happy 5th Birthday Juliet!

Getting exciting!!!

indeed, very exciting! I am watching. Thanks for letting us be a part of this special event!!

She looks pretty ready! Hope someoneā€™s keeping an eye out.

I agree. As someone who just did this myself - first mare, obviously first marestare cam - it can be nervewracking for the owner. Knowing there are SO many strangers out there who are/could be watching, knowing how so many people who can be so quick to pass judgment without knowing all the details, yet trusting that things will go well and people will be civil, takes great faith for something so special :slight_smile:

The only problem I have ever had with someone watching was last year when she was in early labor some asshat sent me an email via my website asking me to take the dead baby out of the stall then proceeded to tell me that race people make her sick because we donā€™t care how much the mare suffers and just want to get the baby at all cost. Needless to say that didnā€™t go over well! I told her there was no baby in the stall to remove since it was still inside her and then proceeded to rip her a new hiney! Then I forwarded the email to Rich at marestare who tracked her IP address and blocked her from being able to see the cam. But only after I had the two vets in attendance wave at the camera for all to see as it was the beginning of a dystocia.
Most people are incredibly kind and supportive.

She looks good! Of course she is being pretty boring right now!

It is kind of funny that it seemed just a bit ago I was reading the thread on who you should breed her to. Now I get to watch her foaling. It is fun to see the process and not have to spend the money or miss the sleep.
Another ā€œthanks for sharingā€.
I am hoping for a healthy bay filly if that is okā€¦

Her numbers are unchanged from this afternoon so I am going to attempt to doze off here at the barn. I will recheck her around 4 if nothing changes by then. On the off chance I do fall asleep please call if you see her doing anything interesting.

Late crew here in Oregon. Fingers crossed! Thanks for sharing.

4am numbers were still unchanged so I am going home to bed for awhile.

The only time she got my attention last night was around 2:30. Out of the blue she started to lie down. As many of you know she hasnā€™t laid down in well over a week so that in and of itself is cause for attention. She got about half way down before she thought better of it and hoisted herself back up and went to stand in her corner. I was worried because her butt would have been out of camera view had she gone down there. Hopefully she wonā€™t choose that spot when the real time comes!

That would have woken me up too!!! Catnip didnā€™t lie down for days, and when she did, that was that!

Will you be able to move your camera or change the angle if she lies down in that spot?

Technically I could probably move it but that would mean running and back forth to the monitor to see if the view was better and adjusting as necessary so most likely there wonā€™t be time for that. The only blind spot is up against the wall directly under the camera. It seems unlikely she would lie there since she spends all her time over on the other side by her hay and feed but you never know.

I havenā€™t checked in on the marecam for 24 hours and when I do the scene is unchanged. Fat mare munching hay.

Are you sure you havenā€™t just got a video loop running Laurierace? :lol:

Well technically she isnā€™t due until next Thursday so we could be at this for a while. Her milk tests are saying very close but not there yet. She has been known to test like that for a very long time so we might be in trouble. Granted that was before I added pH to the mix.

What is the number you are looking for? Did I read about 7.2 being the magic number for many? I donā€™t breed at all and know nothing about breeding except what I learned on lineā€¦ and I admit it!

I ran the 11am test three times. One of the three read the ā€œmagicā€ 6.2 so we are getting closer. Off to the training center to see how much I can get done before I have to head back here. Keep an eye on her!

oh 6.2ā€¦ I knew there was a .2!!! I pulled the cam and the barn alarm is open and volume on high!!!

She took one bite of her dinner then went and stood in the opposite corner of the stall and pawed a bit. She also is starting to breathe much heavier thann normal and had four cowpies in her stall. I am going to run home to take a shower, I think the night shift is starting early!!

I see you! (Sorry, had to) :winkgrin: