<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”> Maybe he is already investigating this Helen Brach Murder investigation! I have not gotten a response back from him. Also others know that I have attempted before this thread to put the truth out. I am sure there are many checking into this story!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One other thing,I sort of remember seeing this article before, but forgot to mention it! They may have a ring with a large red stone.It might be said to be alleged potenitial evidence!
Sun Times Article !!!
In 1977, on her last day alive, candy heiress Helen Brach was beaten unconscious at her Glenview home by crooked horsemen.
As they transferred her from the trunk of a Cadillac to a station wagon that would carry her to an Indiana steel mill, she moaned and they dropped her blanket-wrapped body.
One of the men was ordered at the barrel of a shotgun to finish her off with a revolver. He fired two bullets into the blanket and her body “jumped.” The horsemen then hauled her to a blast furnace where she disappeared forever.
That’s the chilling account one of the horsemen gave last year to Cook County prosecutors and a U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent, court records show.
‘Now you know everything’
The man – granted immunity from prosecution by State’s Attorney Richard Devine’s office – confessed he shot Brach and witnessed her body go up in flames in a steel mill off Interstate 65 near Gary, Ind.
“Now you know everything that I’ve had to live with all these years,” the man told authorities in a meeting in a Pennsylvania motel room in October.
The Chicago Sun-Times is not naming the man because he is not charged with a crime.
Sources said investigators have gathered physical evidence and witness statements that corroborate what the alleged killer told them.
<span class=“ev_code_RED”>Among the potential evidence is a white-gold ring with a large red stone the informant said he found on the ground after Brach’s body was transferred to the station wagon. A source said the informant is believed to still have the ring.</span>
Despite the informant’s confession, no charges have been filed in Brach’s disappearance.
Case remains open
“The Brach case remains an open investigation,” said John Gorman, a spokesman for the state’s attorney.
Thomas Ahern, spokesman for ATF, said some work remains, but “the agents who investigated this case for many years feel confident the information the prosecutors are reviewing clearly shows who is involved in her murder.”
On Tuesday, attorney Kathleen Zellner entered 46 pages of investigative reports on the Brach case into the court record in an attempt to get her client, Richard Bailey, freed from federal prison.
Bailey was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty in 1995 to defrauding Brach. He faced 135 months in prison on the fraud conviction.
But U.S. District Judge Milton Shadur decided that evidence presented at his two-week sentencing hearing showed Bailey was involved in Brach’s death. As a result, Shadur handed Bailey a life prison term.
Zellner asked the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for a new sentencing hearing because the ATF informant said Bailey was not one of the people at Brach’s killing or the disposal of her body. Sources said they are not sure Bailey was not part of the planning.
The informant’s testimony in 2002 helped convict horseman Kenneth Hansen in the 1955 killings of three boys on the Northwest Side. He also testified against Bailey at his sentencing hearing.
Admitted being shooter
In one report filed in court Tuesday, Cook County state’s attorney’s investigator John O’Connell is quoted telling the informant in October that while the informant had revealed “credible information” that was “corroborated,” he needed to reveal the entire truth.
The informant, who was blaming someone else for the killing, then asked to sign an immunity agreement and admitted to being the shooter.
A crooked horseman now in prison had ordered Brach’s death because she was getting ready to reveal that his ring was stealing millions of dollars from her, the informant said.
Participants in the conspiracy had picked up Brach at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota in October 1977 and drove her back to the Chicago area where she was killed, the informant said. A woman allegedly was recruited to pose as Brach and fly home in her airline seat. Several others were also involved in the plot.
All the names of the alleged participants in the killing have been deleted from the investigative reports Zellner entered into the court record. But a source identified two of the unnamed participants as mobsters Victor and Anthony Spilotro. Anthony Spilotro was found dead in an Indiana field in 1986 and Victor died of natural causes.