Unlimited access >

I have to tell someone... finally under contract on a farm! 8 months later, it’s ours!

Dear lord. What a hot mess.

Jingling it all works in the end

1 Like

Well poop! I’m so sorry. Hang in there, good things ARE coming!

1 Like

We recently sold our farm and bought a better one, and had equal frustrations and unexpected almost-crises to deal with. But we eventually closed in February and are 85% settled at the new, Dream Farm. So continued jingles from NC that nothing falls through; and when you’re mostly moved in and doing evening walkarounds planning out future renovations and plans, you’ll barely remember the painful waiting-for-the-process-to-work period (like I’m told is how human labor works… but I digress) and it will all be wonderful and worth it!

2 Likes

Hang in there! :+1:

1 Like

Congrats on the dream farm! I’m happy for you!

And I know you are right. In the grand scheme, these extra weeks are no big deal. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @clanter. What a nightmare for you! I don’t think we’ll face delays to your extent because all the permissions were done by the seller in advance. I don’t know when they started the process but I do know the first activity in the court’s database regarding the sale of the house was in October, but the house wasn’t able to be listed until the end of January. So it’s been at least 6 months in the making at this point.

Here’s to hoping your wraps up soon!

:rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Latest update: closing won’t be before May 21st. I want to cry. :sob:

1 Like

A delay is better than no closing at all, right? (Trying to find a positive.)

Sigh. I know you are right. By the time May 21st rolls around it will be nearly 5 months since our original offer. At this point I want to give up and try for something else, which is just me being irrational.

1 Like

OMG wtf. That’s so hard. I hate that

Blink and May 21st will be here! Promise. You are so close…

I know May 21 sounds like eternity but really, just over 3 weeks away… you have already passed hump day and are on the downhill slide.

You have a day (that will stick) :partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball:

Thanks for the kind words. But we don’t have a day. We have another delay until May 21st. We were told it will be within 30 business days of May 21st. Just like it would be before the end of March. And before the end of April. And after April 26th. Etc. etc.

Ugh that’s so frustrating!!! Is the delay at all Covid-related or just due to the seller’s financial situation?

Bah. I’m sorry :frowning:

Feels an awfully lot like those incremental delays at the airport. They push back departure 20 minutes at a time. Come on, just tell us all is going to be 6 hours from now!

Is there any bright side? Does this push closing out past the end of the semester, will it be easier to move & unpack over the summer holiday?

1 Like

@Libby2563 it’s the stupid court factor that keeps delaying everything. Just when it looks like all the hurdles have been cleared, there’s always another surprise. :angry:

I’m sure there is some bright side, but I’m not seeing it right now. The old house we live in has no AC so being out before summer was really appealing on multiple levels. We moved in during the months of July/August and I said never again would I do that! Surprise…

1 Like

:hugs:

Breathe Deeply. Getting upset and mad and fraught with nervousness does not speed up the
darn court proceedings. So try to be calm and think this through.
If your main concern now is the heat/ac- For $400. you can buy a new window a/c and with a
couple of cheap $30. box fans and swoosh the cool air to 1200-1400 sf. and it will all stay cool into the 90’s. Ask me how I know. It’s doable. So if worse come to worse you can survive with
relative comfort.
Look at the big picture:
You’re getting a farm/home that you love and checked all the boxes you’ve been searching for
for several years. Sometimes these great deals take a bit more patience cause so many details
need to be worked out. And they usually work out. And those who have patience get the good deals. YOU have gotten the good deal, so patience donkey, patience.
you got this!!

4 Likes

You can also get the portable A/C units, and that doesn’t require installation. Then, when you move resell it. All of the big home improvement and Walmart stores have them.

3 Likes