Unlimited access >

It's Here! Maryland 5*

It’s not really uncommon, there are many out there. I see one at every few events. Eventing requires SO much training though, not just maintaining but constant learning and pushing oneself that it really is hard to breed and event consistently.

Humble GS and Britannias Mail are two I can think of off the top of my head, but there is a lot.

1 Like

Doug Payne’s Quiberon does prelim eventing, 1.30 jumpers, and hunter derbies at 6 yo. They did an embryo transfer from Starr Witness and now there’s a colt of theirs at Doug’s!

2 Likes

yeah I saw that…the mother of the foal had feet that looked they hadn’t been trimmed in a year. It was disappointing to see that. They spend all that money to breed these horses but they don’t care about the care of the surrogate mother? Surely they can pay for her feet to be trimmed.

6 Likes

Understood about the struggles, but the SJs would have the same thing.

Just strange that at a 5* there is not a single stallion.

I still think eventing in a training sense is much more demanding, at the 5* level than GP SJ level. The SJs are showing a lot and just maintaining fitness and suppleness between shows. Eventers are schooling, galloping, and lessons in each discipline year after year. It’s a lot. Lots of time away from the breeding shed.

2 Likes

Quasi Cool appears to be the maternal brother to Cardento a very extremely successful international SJ and SJ stallion.
https://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/20990/b-estelle

If this is accurate, he was gelded and sent to eventing world, so perhaps eventing may end up with fewer stallions competing (assuming large percentage of top horses European bred) as in Europe they are not considered the elite performance horse in the field for which they were bred (for example showjumping) and are gelded and sent off to be successful elsewhere.

3 Likes

Watching the 3* live stream and the commentator talked about Mia Farley’s Phelps’ breeding. I thought he said he was a Tiznow baby, but I cannot find his breeding anywhere. It all says unknown. Anyone have any info on Phelps?

The livestream coverage is fabulous so far.

3 Likes

The USEF horse search has him by Tiznow out of Boom Town Gal. Full TB born in 2013

2 Likes

Fylicia Barr standing behind the crab lol. She is doing an open course walk sponsored by Fair Hill Saddlery Friday at 5.

11 Likes

I checked USEA & FEI, didn’t check USEF. Thanks! Also the info on the entries/scores don’t have it either.

If anyone is curious, his JC name is Tiz Special.

1 Like

WOW - beautiful test by Katherine Brown on Carnaby!!

1 Like

Zick Zack’s braids are literally perfect!

I am loving the live scoring via https://live.rechenstelle.de/2021/elkton/leaderboard01.html

You can see the scores from each judge as they come in! Also really enjoying Christian Landolt’s commentary now.

3 Likes

I’m just lovin that I can watch this on my local PBS station :slight_smile:
Go Bug!

1 Like

Bug is just the cutest! His lil head :heart_eyes:

Who is the other commentator with John Kyle?

Christian Landolt. He’s a judge himself.

Great, thanks! I’d never heard Christian’s voice before but I’d recognize his fashion-forward attire anywhere!

1 Like

Go Lynn!!!