Unlimited access >

Jingles for Duncan

I’m glad Duncan is feeling well enough to cause trouble. :joy: More jingles for more improvement and hope your COVID test is negative. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey, attitude is good news!

Worries me that he still has so much blood in the urine - did they do an ultrasound to see if he had any more bladder stones in him?

But at least you’re home today (feeling like crud, I know!) and you can keep an eye on him. Get well soon - hope it’s not Covid, but if it is, you’ve likely caught it in time to do the Paxlovid. OTOH, if it is Covid, your job can’t expect you back tomorrow, right?!

2 Likes

I had today off and just took it easy. i started the day off with Oh look at all the stuff I can do and that rapidly deteriorated into Oh ugh never mind. Oh look, time for a nap. lol And back to work tomorrow. Yay. not.

Duncan continues to do okay but man forward progress is so small and slow. Peeing larger amounts but still way too frequently and still with blood though not as much. Now straight up refuses to eat prescription food the sh** so I am on a quest to find something either he will eat or I can cram into him.

Yes, vet did ultrasound on him and said his bladder looked like a snow globe there was so much stuff in there. She is not sure whether it is stones or what but she is sticking with grit for now.

I let him out for a stroll around the house and he played a bit on his favorite cat scratcher. (big stretch then fell over and waved his feet in the air) But the other idiots hissed at him and Jack actually growled at him (Bad Jack!) Poor Duncan retreated to the bathroom. I spend a lot of time in there fussing over him. Today he had a treat of some cat grass which he ate most of. He loves cat grass.

This is going to be a long haul. Oh well it’s not like I have a life or anything. lol

10 Likes

Glad dear Duncan is recovering.

Jingles for both of you ~ AO !

3 Likes

Jingles for you and Duncan. I’m glad he’s improving, although slowly.

2 Likes

Mr Duncan has decided that the food is not poison and he CAN eat it. So there is that. Let him out today and he jumped up in my lap and positively lunged at the buttered toast on my plate. He was happy to walk around and sit on my lap and then back to “prison” for the day while I am gone. Lumps of pee are larger and appear to have no blood. He is set for a re-check this coming Sunday.

:grinning:

18 Likes

Yay! Go Duncan! Hopefully his recheck comes back good!

3 Likes

This is such great news! Continued jingles until he’s fully recovered.

And how are you feeling, @shiloh? Much better also, I hope.:crossed_fingers:

P.S. When Duncan is fully recovered, may we get a photo of the little guy? It’s always nice to put a face to a name.:cat2:

3 Likes

Yay! That’s great news! Continued jingles!

1 Like

Love this update ! Thank you !

2 Likes

Oh I can get one tonight of the “prisoner.”

He’s still peeing - good sized lumps but not as much as I would like. He is so funny. I let him out this morning and he was happy to scurry about and enjoy my breakfast vicariously. (He gets to lick the butter off the plate.) When I had to leave for work, I told him to go into his bathroom and he went in and threw himself down on his little bed and was glowering at me. Mr Drama what can I say. lol

12 Likes

I think they all must take a class on how to do that disgusted look. There is so much going on in those little heads. He sounds like a real personality. Looking forward to the picture. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Checking in on Duncan, with continued jingles!

Duncan nearly lost his life last night. And not for what you think…

I got home and I swear I had not been in the house for more than a minute and he pissed all over the head of my bed. Walked in, set my stuff down, walked past bathroom, let him out, went in bedroom, had pants half off and he runs in, jumps on the bed and pisses about a gallon all over the head of the bed. The sheets, pillows, quilt, mattress pad and mattress - all soaked. Yeah, just what I want to do at 11p at night after a long and utterly crappy day at work - change and wash sheets and turn the mattress. So mad at him, he spent the entire night in the bathroom where I dumped him. Jerk.

So I guess he is better. Thanks, Duncan. There WAS a better way to let me know.

10 Likes

I know you’re upset but yay, he’s peeing. Yahoo!

5 Likes

Wouldn’t you love to know what goes on in their little heads sometimes?

Or maybe it would just make us fear for our lives! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m glad Duncan feels better! I’m sorry about the extracurricular peeing. I suppose he was looking for a soft spot, but, yikes! Was your bedding salvageable? New pillow, perhaps? Crazy fur bearing varmints.

1 Like

OMG, that stinker! Sounds like my Munchers, but he does it just because he hates me. I’m sure Duncan doesn’t hate you (though he might be tired of the special food, the subQ’s, etc. . . .). I’d have to ditch the entire lot and start over with a new mattress, etc.

How did his vet visit go?

He has been given a (relatively) clean bill of health. Vet advises that the frequent peeing may go on for awhile til his bladder calms down a bit more. She did note that his bladder did seem a bit larger than it should have been but she put that down to what he recently went thru and we are just going to keep an eye on it. She said that she could barely hear his murmur today and that made her happy. I told her about the Bad Cat Pee trick and she got a good laugh.

He’s a character that’s for sure. On the way over to the office we hit a very bumpy patch of roadway and he protested a bit and when I said “Sorry, buddy, i know it’s rough,” he gave me this huge open mouth hiss! oh dear my apologies your majesty! lol

Thank god it was all salvageable. Sheets and pillows were washed and the mattress was doused in Febreze and turned. The head board got sprayed with Febreze as well and wiped down several times.
But still…not what I had envisioned doing on coming home. And what got me was the whole time I’m trying to hop towards him on one leg and pull my pants off the rest of the way and screaming “No no bad kitty you stop that I’ll kill you don’t you dare, etc etc” and he was just whizzing away and looking right at me like whachu gon’ do? When I got within arms reach of him, THEN he ran. Butthead.

He’s so happy to be out of prison. At bedtime he runs in and hops up on my bed and snugs up with me under the quilt. Purr purr purr…

9 Likes

If you find that the smell comes back, I recommend an enzyme cleaner for your mattress. You’ll need to douse it thoroughly and ensure that it stays damp for as long as possible (several days if possible) to let the enzymes do their job.

I use this version and love it, but as long as it’s an enzymatic cleaner, it should work.

Ask me how I know all of this… :wink:

178078_MAIN.AC_SS232_V1560441180

5 Likes