Unlimited access >

Lisa's Booby Trap

The problem is in running flat out to take and keep the lead, when he has need of a last minute kick, there is nothing there. Perhaps in training, they could use a few ‘fartlek’ type works, to show him how to rebalance and go.

It works with top event horses, and endurance. It’s all about muscle, and training.

1 Like

Regardless of training and “rebalancing”, it seems to me, a horse that prefers to run on the front end is always going to be a little at the mercy of who else is in the race. That is, if there are no other front runners, the rider may get him to relax and have the kick at the end, but if he has to contend with others pressing him the whole way, there is no way he will be able to have the kick at the end (unless it is Secretariat-who I think could go a fast first quarter and still finish with a kick!) .

And a horse who has that rep will always have that problem of crafty jocks planning.

That’s where you hope he can retrain, and still keep that heart.

NTB will be trying the turf for the first time tomorrow at BEL, 4th race. Let’s hope it goes better than his mom’s turf experiment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you. Race coming up soon. Is it $100000 claiming? Still too much $ for me. It’s on Fox sports2. Hope he finishes safely. I like LBT but never have been a fan of Big Brown

NTB seemed to handle the grass just fine, he ran the same race he’s been running on the dirt - sets the pace with some company, no strong closing kick. Got swallowed up in deep stretch and finished off the board.

Again disappointing. Just no final kick.

Also, no sign of Lisa’s Tale or The Hard Spun filly.

NTB is running Saturday in the Empire Classic.

More of the same, had nothing in the stretch. Maybe a drop in class now? Turn back? Switching over to AQU couldn’t hurt either, he likes that track…

Yeah, maybe needs to drop in class. Looked good, then really backed up in the stretch.

Very disappointing. This was a back to back race, with no work pits in between.

Would like to see him in someone else’s hands.

Let me know when his claiming price goes down. As well as Lisa’s Tale if she’s still alive. I’d hate for them to end up with kill buyers at auction.

Me first!!!

1 Like

It is a month now since Not That Brady ran his last race.

No sign of any works. Anyone hear anything?

Also no sign of Lisa’s Tale or the Hard spun filly.

1 Like

Checked Equibase this morning. No longer a “Works” tab for NTB.

It’s 5+ weeks since his last race.

Anyone have an Aqueduct pipeline?

1 Like

Off of face markings this looks like him.

https://www.facebook.com/rudyrodrigu…type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/rudyrodriguezracing/photos/pcb.444471786257608/444471069591013/?type=3&theater

Em

That blaze isn’t quite right. Too narrow and curved at the bottom. It is also more like an arrowhead at the top.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac…york-bred-sale

It is now 7 weeks with no word of his whereabouts.

@xcountrygirldid you ever get an answer from Rudy Rodriquez?

1 Like