Unlimited access >

Lisa's Booby Trap

I figured they would give him a freshening after wheeling him back quickly for the Empire Classic, and two lackluster performances… so I’m not surprised to see a quiet work tab. I don’t see anything unusual about it.

1 Like

Nope. But that’s pretty normal.

Em

I will, with a raised eyebrow, take your word for it. but we are now up to 8 weeks.

1 Like

So how long do “freshenings” usually last? It has now been 12 weeks, since any word of him.

1 Like

Now it’s 18 weeks and still counting.

How long do “freshenings” last?

1 Like

Wherever that maybe. Hope it’s warmer sunnier and grassier than here.

Hey you asked for an answer, I got you an answer.

Seems to me that we should be glad that he’s cared for enough that he is getting rest. Lots of other horses could likely use it and won’t ever get it.

Em

6 Likes

And I thank you.

My comment was more about the weather here in the NE. It was not a slur on his care.

1 Like

I know this is a rhetorical question (or at least I hope it is), but as long as they need to. We have no idea what NTB’s issues may be. Rare is the horse that’s on NTB’s level who can make a couple years worth of regular starts without going to the bench. Just noticed last week that well-regarded NY Bred Syndergaard came back after a nine month layoff…

Not that Brady is back After almost 6 months. Did a 4 F outwork.:lol: I mean workout. :lol::lol:

No word on any other of Lisa’s get.

2 Likes

Well, I guess, I spoke too soon.

After 2 workouts, the last over 2 weeks ago, nothing more has been noted.

Silence is not always golden.

It’s been 2 weeks since he put in two slow half miles. Just from a logical point of view, it’s probably best NOT to start cranking out weekly works if he is still getting fit, and we all know he is just getting fit. I looked back to my old training charts from when I was an assistant and we did NOT work anything coming off the farm every week. We gave them time and peppered the works where they were needed.

Em

TA!!!

Thanks for your thoughts. I know we brought back eventers slowly, and it would appear that at the present, racing’s going nowhere fast.

I am following along on this, because I love Lisa’s story…but, a pet peeve- Lisa had produce. Stallions have Get. Thanks!

1 Like

No, but in this case I can think of two reasons why he might not have worked in 14 days.

The horse had his two works at BEL but the track isn’t currently open for racing and the NYRA has yet to agree to a timeline when it will be. Maybe the owners started him back thinking racing would return soon, then decided to ease off when it became apparent that it won’t.

Or, again pandemic related, maybe the connections have decided to ship him out of NY to a place where there is racing currently going on, like Florida or Arkansas. After a trip like that, a horse would be expected to take some time to adjust to his new conditions before working again.

1 Like

I am duly chastised. Still silence any any of Lisa’s other produce.:o:sadsmile:

Then you might want to get you’re hearing checked.

https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10436659&registry=T&rbt=TB

She’s been worked steadily at Keeneland.

The only one who hasn’t worked in this calendar month is Lisa’s Tale. She’s only a 3 yr old and she’s never worked yet so not terribly surprising.

Em

2 Likes

I had no idea that I was so ignorant. As I didn’t know her name and never saw a record of a sale, I had no idea as for whom I should search.

I do know my hearing is going, but had assumed obviously incorrectly, that my eyes still worked.

Thank you for filling in the blanks.

There’s a mare search function on Equibase

Most easily found by Googling as it’s not on a main header or sub list on the site.

Here: https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Yob

You can just enter Lisa and leave off the year.

Also, to find her foals and see if they have been named or nominated you can go onto Breederscup.com and look up the nomination status by dam and foaling year,

https://members.breederscup.com/Eligibility/Foal

So my apologies, since you knew about Brady I incorrectly assumed that you knew which resources to go to for all the information you’d need to track the others.

Emily

4 Likes