Unlimited access >

MB CIVIL SUIT UPDATE #10 K’s Request to Adjourn (delay) DENIED 11/01/22

Very apt seasonal tidbit of information there. Lol.

1 Like

Not questioning that they’re good kids and all, but any chance that this duty includes licking out the chocolate bowl at the end? Hmm.:thinking::grin:

3 Likes

No because that job is MINE

13 Likes

They are more apt to do that with the cookie dough and the cake batter. My son even lines up for that stuff. I do a lot of cooking during the holidays.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes
8 Likes

LOL. Thanks for the laugh! Love me some Bugs and Daffy.

3 Likes

Hence the Stephen Colbert comedy bit about dressage with his now infamous (among dressage riders) segments with MB. It was the same year Mitt Romney was the GOP candidate for POTUS. Colbert had joked on his show about Anne Romney having a horse vying for an Olympic spot and hilariosly pointed out that dressage wasn’t exactly a Budweiser-drinking-every-man sort of sport. He declared it the Colbert Show “Sport of the Summer” and his “lessons” with MB aired shortly after that. The tiara thing played perfectly into the narrative.

12 Likes

Some people sure would! That is very cool though. Learning from someone who rides at that level is certainly a privilege. Can you imagine having a lesson with one of them and not showing up?

3 Likes

I groomed for a friend who rode with an olympic athlete at a clinic, does that count too? It seems like it should.

8 Likes

DH once rode in a clinic with Boyd Martin, does that count for me? :rofl:

14 Likes

My son did too as well as a lesson with Dressage Olympian Donnan Plumb (Sharp). And our barn wintered one year at PD so rode in his indoor everyday. :grimacing:

11 Likes

@BigMama1 is Canadian, so our Thanksgiving has come and gone already. :wink:

5 Likes

But I don’t need an excuse to make truffles twice lol

13 Likes

I did same. Gina Miles riding in a Greg Best clinic. Two silver medalists at once. A great loss that he is no longer doing clinics.

5 Likes

I’ve ridden with a few Olympians from the USteam and other teams and had an Olympic coach as a mentor so I’m firmly ensconced in an elevated level of mediocrity.
:rofl: :rofl:

21 Likes

She still actively rides and shows. I was in the warmup with her for an I2 and GP class at GDF this past season. IIRC, she won the I2.

Also have been in the White Fences burger line with Mitt :joy:

14 Likes

We hosted a multi-day clinic with Ann Gibbons and drank “presbyterians” with her for hours afterwards. Does riding with an Olympic Judge count?

One of the great things about Michael Barisone’s clinics is he never, ever looks down on lower level riders and enjoys working with a training level rider with as much passion and attention as with an Olympic level rider. Not all BNT’s are that passionate about teaching…I will refrain from naming jerks we’ve paid a lot of $$ with over the years who made the rider feel less than deserving to be there.

29 Likes

I bought my horse from an FEI 4* judge. Does that count? :rofl:

9 Likes

I can spell Dujardin without looking it up, does that count for anything? :rofl:

21 Likes