Unlimited access >

MB CIVIL SUIT UPDATE #10 K’s Request to Adjourn (delay) DENIED 11/01/22

I never had a crush on him. Nor any equestrian. Then there was this guy. This pic has hung in my horse trailer since the 80s.

15 Likes

Not dressage, but I’ve ridden with Doug Payne and know the owners of Vandiver. I also know a trainer here that Doug sends his horses with problems to, since he’s too busy to really deal with the issues right now. They swap out horses a lot, especially Debi’s horses.

I also have gotten a picture with Boyd twice now :joy:

Not Olympic caliber, but one of the trainers I ride with is Jim Graham, he was pretty big back in the day and I swear he knows and has taught like everyone big in eventing. He always has cool stories and it’s fun to try to figure out who he is talking about. Going to a show in KY with him was fun because everyone big knew him.

7 Likes

Oh, yeah, I forgot the 6 disastrous Mary Wanless clinics.

On a better note, long time on line friend to Jane Savoie though she probably had hundreds. I still miss her

9 Likes

I addition to other tangential Olympic associations (don’t want to brag :rofl:), my trainer at the time rode my horse in a Jane Savoie symposium.

5 Likes

I adore Jim Graham! And he adored my horse.

Also I must be so close to making the Olympic team because I have ridden in clinics with so many Olympic-adjacent people.

6 Likes

I rode in a two day clinic with Lendon Gray when we were both young. She first tilted her head at me and said “You know your horse is too small”. I replied “So I’ve been told” and we both laughed. She even rode my horse a bit.

All my other Olympic associations have been second hand (I rode with instructors who trained with…)

7 Likes

I’ve audited Carl and Charlotte clinics. Surely that brings me up to Olympic level auditor!

10 Likes

I’m in for the bourbon marshmallow, caramel and toffee – if you post a recipe!

1 Like

Dang! What about having great, great uncles who died on the Titanic while coming to the US to train horses?

Well, that’s the story the family gave the newspapers. They were supposedly coming here to kill the Yank that got their sister pregnant.

17 Likes

Oh also, I’ve been to Marilyn Paynes farm twice! DH rode in a clinic and then I attended a clinic on the new dressage tests!

3 Likes

I am going down memory lane. The horse I had in training with the biggie whig, he shared the same dam with Sagacious. And I have ridden a horse that went to the Pan Am games.

I ain’t the💩

5 Likes

Marilyn Payne once gave me a 72 on a Connemara pony I had - about a month before the Rio Olympics :joy:

I ride with a team member when in FL (not dropping names) AND he has even scooped my horse’s poop during a lesson :joy:

11 Likes

I’ve worked with Julio Mendoza and Michael Bragdale. Not Olympians but some people know their names :joy:
I’ve met Jim Kofford. Oh I did meet Charlotte Dujardin when I was spectating her clinic.

3 Likes

My great (times a lot) grandfather was sent here to colonize. He was a horse thief :joy:

13 Likes

Now you’re stretching it!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

This ismy first thought.

4 Likes

The true test of someone’s level of fame is whether you recognize them in line at the food stand. Lol.

5 Likes

Here’s the toffee recipe. This is the easiest of all the candy I make. You substitute bourbon for the vanilla. You can also use semi-sweet chocolate instead of milk chocolate for the coating. Let me know how you do with it.

6 Likes

I really am :joy:

OOOh… thanks. Supposed to rain (at last… a little…) on Wednesday. Perfect timing to make this