Unlimited access >

MB CIVIL SUIT UPDATE #10 K’s Request to Adjourn (delay) DENIED 11/01/22

Same, not only is he so very interested in the art of Dressage as a way to improve any horse and rider, no matter the level but he’s exceptional at doing so.

4 Likes

I met him.
And the owners of Udon after he won some big event at Devon.
And Jimmy Wofford. He called one of my favorite young horses a yak.

6 Likes

I agree, that horse is swoony

Jane was amazing

1 Like

I sat with the breeder of Seldom Scene at a show watching his test…
Sweet lady.

2 Likes

Jean Claude Racinet rode my mare Penmerryl’s Sophie at least once before I bought her.

4 Likes

Not dressage, but from Eventing and at Rolex (Kentucky):

1. Nearly got run over by one of our top male riders. My non-horsey friend and I were walking to the next jump, and I heard the thunder of hooves. Looked behind us and was able to pull her out of the way just-in-time. (Can’t think of the rider’s name right now.)
  2. Met The Grey Goose and got to pet him. Top horse and movie-star-stand-in.
  3. Was watching Michael Plumb warm-up and writing some notes. (Hoped to write an “eventing” article for my local newspaper.) He rode over to ask me if I was ‘someone from an equestrian magazine.’ Of course, nope.
  4. Saw Prince Philip come out of a porta-potty.
12 Likes

hahaha

I was just going to post that I played chicken with Michael Plumb on his way to the dressage arena at Rolex…he zagged I zigged and visa versa!

I also worked the vet box at Rolex when there was still roads and tracks.

7 Likes

I scooped poop literally shoulder to shoulder with Debbie McDonald, who was picking up after her student, while my team member trainer was riding my poopy horse.

5 Likes

I audited a clinic with her and also a clinic with Lisa Wilcox.
I lived that they focused in the basics. I learned alot.

2 Likes

She’s a lovely person. I loved sitting in on the lessons she taught. Basics, basics, basics, for everyone.

1 Like

Unfortunately he’s recently fallen from grace, but this was several years back at Rolex (or was it Land Rover?):

12 Likes

Olympics Schlympics…… when I was 10 I got to pet Secretariat at Claiborne AND his groom gave me a handful of mane hair that he pulled out for me!

So I guess that makes me a Triple Crown champion and the future owner of a Secretariat clone! :rofl::rofl:

44 Likes

I’m not worthy. You win!!

10 Likes

My claims to olympic fame:
Jan Ebeling - have ridden with him twice, and paid for my trainer to ride my young horse with him.
Michael Poulin - I actually rode with Sharon but one time at their farm, he was there adding his 2 cents to Sharon’s comments.
Michael Barisone - a BIG bunch of years ago when he was still in the young rider world Michael came to our barn and did a small clinic - I rode and it was my very first dressage lesson.

20 Likes

Yep, @chestnutmarebeware is the clear winner. In a different stratosphere!

6 Likes

OK, I’ll play. I clinic often with Kathleen Raine. Have ridden in clinics with Steffan Peters, Debbie MacDonald, and George Morris (long time ago).

2 Likes

Oh! Oh! Oh! I almost forgot, and the eventing-related brags jogged my memory: I went to art school with, and was good friends with, Mike Plumb’s brother.

7 Likes

No, I’ve got everyone beat. I held the equitaner filled with Totilas semen!

22 Likes

You win. Holding the prism with the _______ always wins.

9 Likes