Unlimited access >

MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Which was conducted in the office, iirc

8 Likes

Ah, so the Ninja act was just her practicing for Halloween. Got it. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Sorry for the nested quote but it’s short and I thought the context might be helpful.

Could some (all?) of those 81 audio files be from the seized cellphones? Voice mails that weren’t erased and/or voice memos (including the conversations of others that RG recorded from his pocket)?

5 Likes

Ugh.

So sorry about the whole dishwasher disaster, but especially that part of it. That has a very unpleasant ring to it.

Maybe you can shift it to an upside- look how clean the floor is now!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Like the old shampoo commercial or whatever it was. Lol.

4 Likes

Question that may or may not have been addressed previously on this or another thread (I can’t remember).

LK posted several times on SM that she knew that MB had received a big insurance check (and insinuated that he was engaged in insurance fraud).

How did she know he had received it? Did he tell her directly? Did she see it arrive in the mail? Did she see the check laying around in his office? Did she hear MB talk about it? And if the latter, where was he and who was he talking to? And did LK (or RG) personally hear that conversation (were in earshot), or did they hear MB talking about it via one of their recording devices?

[Edited for clarity and to fix a typo.]

14 Likes

Whenever in the history of mankind has a private conversation been passed down through a bunch of people—in the barn, no less—and come out the other end verbatim?

Let me help you. The answer is NEVER !

Never in the history of mankind!

28 Likes

Years ago I remember a post from someone who said that there two working students from NC at HH who LK knew or became friends with (that must have been the summer of ‘18) and when they left so did any kind of support in the barn.

7 Likes

Yikes, not fun! That is like the time I went down to the basement to get something and discovered the floor was flooded from a water heater failure. It was no doubt easier to clean up than your mess (my flood didn’t involve soap suds), but since it was late on a Saturday afternoon of a three-day holiday weekend, it cost us a pretty penny to get a plumber there and get a new water heater installed on an emergency basis. :grimacing:

1 Like

Attorneys: am I right in understanding that in the criminal trial they will often limit redundant witnesses? Is that also the case in a civil suit? Or can multiple people be deposed/testify to the same thing, say their conversations being recorded when they had an expectation of privacy, to establish a pattern or the scope of an action?

3 Likes

Generally multiple witnesses saying the same thing is limited, but having multiple people discuss their particular conversations that ended up on sm is probably not redundant, because they are different conversations and each one being recorded is a different action.

20 Likes

I know it gets said a lot, but I am very grateful for the input of people that know the law. I’m learning a lot and realizing that the law doesn’t always follow what I would think is common sense.

Thank you for chiming in and giving us some factual information so we don’t all go off on wild speculations.

29 Likes

Thank you! I was just imagining how much more we might learn if multiple additional people are permitted to say more about what those 81 recordings (or more!) may have either contained or where they may have taken place.

3 Likes

To be clear, I wasn’t questioning that COTH was confident in asserting this, just curious about the “how”.

Weren’t the barn aisle ceilings sheathed in metal by RG?

2 Likes

I am so confused…how did we go from proof that there are recordings to someone saying that recordings are all made up and it is just barn gossip? What a strange leap. What a strange thing to spend so much time theorizing on when both sides agree that there are recordings. Lots of recordings.

Thank you to whomever mentioned the no nose filter editing of the photos. When I looked at them the first time I thought things looked weird (the whites of their eyes are way too white for example). Now I get why, filter editing stuff.

24 Likes

Add that to the extremely long list of things that would never occur to many of us, but seem to be standard operating procedure for some of the people involved.

8 Likes

Another instagram post attached as Exhibit D to Deininger’s reply supporting the motion to compel LK to be deposed in person — following Exhibit C which is the posts from the NYC post-trial party. It’s a selfie in a passenger seat with text saying she’d just made more horsie pals while interviewing for 48 hrs. Which leaves me wondering what they thought of her.

Edit: add me to the list of people who couldn’t put their fingers on what was weird about the photos until someone more aware of these things pointed out the filters!

7 Likes

I am glad I am not the only one who had this problem. I am also glad there are people here who know about this stuff and point it out.
I have seen the filters (I think that is the correct term) where they add a dog nose and cute ears or such. I did not know they could smooth out their face to the point of no nose and extra whiten their teeth and eyes.

10 Likes

Legal people - Remind me please what is the time line here? Can the lawyers for SGF still respond to Bruce’s rebuttal? How long do they have for that?

3 Likes