MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Thanks for posting that picture, which shows the rig so clearly.

Also, holy cow.

30 Likes

I’ve often thought about trying to create a timeline chart of what happened when in the week or so leading up to the shooting. But there was so much going on and things were developing at such a rapid pace that I think it will be seriously complicated to try to get all that data onto a chart.

As for diagrams of relationships - that could be done, although the timelines would be tricky to determine with certainty.

7 Likes

@DownYonder, @ekat has a pretty inclusive list of the timeline of events that they have posted.

7 Likes

Dear bliddy lord.
That ‘thing’ is horrendous. I mean what on earth can they think the benefit from it is?
Cheese wire thin pressure on the nose (padding or no), badly fitted cavesson as it is, leverage through the bit (that also looks to be hoiked so high the horse is gurning like joker) no finesse to it whatsoever.
The only thing that will teach a horse to do is to overbend and avoid all contact or get used to the pain, bounce off it and get hard in the mouth.
That pokey upper lip and triangulated chin tell us all what the horse thinks of it!

19 Likes

Imagine the canter that mare would have without contraptions and being properly ridden from behind. Gadgets…for the lazy rider IMO. I guess Ulf had a job to do and doesn’t care how it is achieved. I don’t know anything about him but if I were of an age and need of a trainer, it wouldn’t be with someone using gimmicks rather than teaching the horse self carriage and the rider how to ride correctly without hanging on the mouth. This video and others I’ve seen appear to me that Lauren is seriously overhorsed and is bringing these talented animals down to her level rather than working hard on herself to rise up to their level. But, at least she loves her horses and treats them well.

By the way, I would LOVE for Lauren to learn to ride correctly and succeed in the dressage ring! Think how her self esteem and self confidence would rise if she could devote the time to work on her core and learn from the basics up and become really successful. I would be among the first to congratulate her. IMO the last thing she needs is an Olympic caliber trainer but a really good solid trainer who can focus on her 100%.

15 Likes

Here are all the dates I have pulled out from either court testimony, court filings, or actually seeing the SM posts.

If there were a way to chart it, that would be awesome!

April 20, 2019 LK FB post that she put up cameras around the property

April 27, 2019, Meeting with MHG, MB, LK, and her dad. MHG told her to leave.

July 10 CPS search on LK’s phone

July 12 FB posts about MHG (king captured, queen killed)

July 21 FB post I don’t bluff

Horse show 07/23-07/24

July 25 rambling FB Post about MHG, mentions recordings and videos, “it’s war”

July 25 - also another post about voice memos, “call the world” going to war

End of July Mr Tarshis starts negotiating with JK for at least a week.

July 30: many personalities FB post

July 31: recorders purchased (per LK testimony)

July 31: MB hires private investigator

July 31: LK says she bought the cameras

July 31: first 911 call

Aug 1: 2nd 911 call - this is the call that came about to report that RG was bullying, intimating, and harassing two minors, among other issues.

Aug 1: Hay Guy starts watching barn. I love Hay Guy.

Aug 2: text between LK and dad about admissibility of recordings

Aug 2: Mr Tarshis believes he and JK have reached an agreement for LK to move.

Aug 2: LK makes call to SS, per her testimony

Aug 2: Ruth Cox arrives

Aug 3: Instead of packing, RG was doing internet searches to find MHG’s kids. (From MB’s suit against police)

Aug 3: force of numbers, wait till Monday texts between MHG and MB (where MHG asks why they can’t tell LK they are evicting her)

Aug 3: 911 call. This is when LK tells police she has hidden recordings

Aug 4: 911 call where RG can be heard shouting in background

Aug 4: Search for exploding bullets on LK’s phone

Aug 4th late night/possibly early Aug 5th: people were incapable of unplugging a dryer

Aug 5: Steve Tarshis emails a notice to leave letter to LK - Could this have been a 3-day notice, since he gave her till Aug 7th to get out? Presumably with the intent of filing an eviction on the 8th?

Aug 5: MB goes to police station

Aug 5: “Michael is scared” text to dad

Aug 5: LK reports MB to SS (based on her sm posts).

Aug 5: JK hires ED

Aug 5: RG takes his handwritten (by LK) complaint to the building inspectors

Aug 6: LK served with eviction notice.

Aug 6: cameras installed per LK interrogatories in civil suit

Aug 6: LK posts insanity manifesto on FB; also “solid gold” post on FB

Aug 6: MHG mails her SS complaint

Aug 6: ED meets LK for first time with JK, while RG secretly records meeting

Aug 6: Inspectors, fire Marshall, etc descend on farm twice

Aug 6: MB and everyone else living in barn given boot.

Aug 6: RC bitten by poor Rosie while trying to post notices

Aug 6: LK convinces fire Marshall to let her back in house. No one notifies MB

Aug 7: Farrier service refused which resulted in “Finish The Bastard” text.

Aug 7: 1:42 pm video clip sent to RG’s phone. Cameras then turned off.

Aug 7: CPS shows up

Aug 7: shooting

23 Likes

This is not a happy horse. :frowning: Obviously she was not allowed to relax or stretch I’m that lesson.

7 Likes

I think it may be a Vienna rein. Basically a sliding side rein, often used for lunging and sometimes under saddle. I saw this years ago at an eventing barn.

https://www.doversaddlery.com/waldhausen-vienna-reins/p/X1-30197/

I saw this delightful post the other day but I wasn’t logged in. I meant to reply to it but then forgot.

I just want to say that Argentinus is one of my favorites! You are so lucky to own one of his daughters! As for Absatz blood - my riding horse was De Niro out of an Andiamo granddaughter. Her sire was a dual talent stallion that had been named to the South Korean Olympic show jumping team but got injured so didn’t get to “the big show.” That dude could not only jump well enough to be on the world stage, he was also a really big and powerful mover. He had similar blood to Sandro Hit (same grandsires), so was rather related to your mare.

(And apologies to everyone for the sidebar…)

6 Likes

RIGHT?! Young horses need a few minutes of work followed by five minutes of loose rein and lots of praise. They have to learn to balance themselves with their neck. You can never develop swing and looseness and balance with a crunched in neck.

15 Likes

Vienna reins do not go over the nose. They are excellent for teaching longitudinal stretch. This is not a Vienna rein.

17 Likes

So……have we reached a unanimous verdict? Homemade contraption?

12 Likes

I hate when a horse isn’t allowed to stretch during breaks or at the end of a ride. It’s so unhealthy for their bodies and minds.

These type of contraptions are generally short cuts and don’t help the rider with “feel” as much as some will claim. I cannot think of why a rider, who rides at PSG, would need such a contraption?

FWIW, I’ve ridden with many “Big Name” and even Olympic level trainers, mostly in clinics, but I generally keep away from most things Helgstrand. Not my vibe.

22 Likes

I was going to say the same thing about the girth buckles right at the horse’s elbow. You’d think someone who cares so much about her horses would want them to be comfortable and wearing properly fitted tack.

9 Likes

It’s soo ridiculously common though.

But yeah, if you care about your horses and have all of the monies, your tack should be on point, especially if you have good grooms. Even pros use girths that are too short though, so if you’re learning by example, it’s not so easy.

6 Likes

Here I sit impatiently strumming my fingers on the desk waiting for the court filing updates! :expressionless:

10 Likes

And couple it with extreme NPD and probably DID and what do you get? :thinking:

3 Likes

Holy Moly. That picture does show it clearly. I wonder if it is the same bungee type of cord as a neck stretcher is… hopefully it has some give. :grimacing:

I didn’t see anything like it in a quick Google search… I’d imagine it is a made up device. I have a SERIOUSLY hard time believing this is a training tool that Ulf actually recommended she use. Maybe the video was from her first lesson with him, and she tacked up with it, and he was in some sort of polite evaluation mode with a potential new student? That’s my best guess. Hopefully by the 2nd or 3rd lesson, he was like, “Look. You need to be able to ride your horse on the bit without a contraption if I am going to coach you. Otherwise… work on that and get back to me when you’ve accomplished it.”

If I were him, I would be seriously annoyed that there is a public video of him, complete with his full name in the comments, of him coaching her while the horse is going around in that contraption. It’s not a good look for him as a top tier dressage coach or clinician…

ETA - I also agree with you that Vienna reins can be a great tool for lungeing. I’ve used them as well as side reins. But… I haven’t ridden in either. Nope. That’s not the path toward improving MY hands as a rider, and creating good consistent connection with the horse, without it learning to drop behind the vertical.

9 Likes

I doubt the Krifecta realized so much would be publically available on line regarding all the civil briefs. I can imagine the spin they would be putting on the situation if we were in the dark completely. They can’t catch a break, can they? Almost like their victims over the years.

7 Likes

Another one of the those HH riders who was riding at a higher level.

6 Likes