MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

I whipped it around his neck at the throat latch area to catch him and lead him back to the barn. It was an impossible to catch horse, and a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!

8 Likes

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. You said, “You caught a rogue horse using your bra.” So I facetiously wondered what he was using it for. :grin:

12 Likes

It SHOULD have been a closed session but I’m hearing rumors that once more MB rights have been disgustingly violated.

19 Likes

I hear you. But I can’t help but think that part of their motive was to protect him from potential exposure to her before he had successfully moved through a program designed to help him develop his coping skills.

From Jaffer’s article:

The judge expressed concern that if Barisone crosses paths again with Kanarek, either in the horse world or in court (Kanarek is suing Barisone, and he is counter-suing) it could result in “a situation I don’t think he’s capable of dealing with.

So they moved to protect him as much as possible from the possibility of “crossing paths” with her again and encountering a situation he may not currently be capable of handling (and the concern could not only be about him acting violently toward LK, but also about him having another mental breakdown). By sending him to Greystone, everyone gets more breathing room for the time being and he gets professional counseling and therapies to help him begin to heal emotionally.

7 Likes

I wonder if NJ meant to suggest LK as a culprit like that. If so, kudos to her!

8 Likes

It’s not about how much say or influence she has, which appears to have been none….but that if she was so inappropriate to contact AK about MB and attempt to influence the doctors, it could legitimately lead some of the “team” to decide that maybe MB wouldn’t be able to handle it right away if she started harassing him. She wouldn’t leave the farm, do we really expect her to follow a protective order?

15 Likes

IMHO LK would neither technically OBEY or GO AGAINST a protective order. She would try to do damage without any of that blame being able to be assigned to her in whatever manipulative way she could manage.

14 Likes

Doesn’t the article say the judge followed the recommendations of the AK team and discounted the one outlier? Usually a judge is going to follow the advice of the evaluation team.

2 Likes

I think it would be crazy for any treatment team who is evaluating a patient to not assume significant stressors are going to take place when the patient leaves. Stress is a part of life. Coping skills and learning coping skills is a hallmark therapeutic component used to treat any mental illness. It makes sense to me that they want to ensure MB can handle stressors not limited to LK but life in general. The judge knew about the civil trial since at least the criminal trial and that particular stressor was also addressed at the Krol hearing. That particular stressor does include LK. But I don’t think the concern for MB’s coping is limited to LK.

And who is to say if LK will honor a no contact order. Any assumption would just be speculation on my part. I certainly hope she does and can move on. Sure, past behavior can give you a pretty good indicator of future behavior but certainly not always. I think that applies to MB. I think minus those prolific stressors he experienced before, he will get along quite well.

11 Likes

The article didn’t actually say anything about what they disagreed with or why or say that it had anything to do with MB, just that Taylor used a disagreement to justify his position. There could be any one of a myriad reasons why they didn’t agree.

8 Likes

She has not moved on yet, why would you think she would suddenly change?

Until she gets a new, more exciting to her, target she is not moving on to anywhere.

15 Likes

At many sequestered hearings, the sequestration can be waived. Maybe she asked and MB said she could attend?

ETA: allowing one person would not lift the sequestration for everyone else, unless the person so directed.

10 Likes

Her constant YouTube comments scolding people that they must side with her alone suggest she hasn’t put anything behind her.

18 Likes

Because I do not believe we are all damned by previous behavior or actions. I do believe people can change. Will she change? I don’t know. But can I say for certain she will not? Also no.

5 Likes

My experience is that is very unlikely that there will be change. If consequences are severe enough then maybe it can be reined in, but definitely not changed. And LK has not faced severe enough consequences to do so yet.

11 Likes

Just a guess on my part but I would venture MB and his attorneys would rather have to fart the tune to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida naked on Broadway than have LK present in a room where his private health information is being shared given her habit of weaponizing such things. To my mind that would be a heinous violation of HIPAA law.

21 Likes

Now there is a very strange mental image.

9 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

By “she” I meant the reporter, sorry for not being clear!

I agree, there not a snowball’s chance in hell he’d allow LK into that hearing.

6 Likes

:scream:

3 Likes