MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

I wonder if there is still a Covid related state of emergency in NJ that allows them to slide all court dates? It’s my understanding that has happened in various jurisdictions across the country.

But still… why can’t they schedule something in the next 3 months? Most states have lifted these precautions, and resumed normal operations of key functions of government.

6 Likes

It’s a state run hospital, so I wonder if that is some kind of managing board. Maybe they disagreed because they were being contacted from the outside.

16 Likes

Have any of the folks on here who are good at sleuthing actually connected any dots between the Unpleasant family and the judge?

I do not believe in conspiracies and what not but I absolutely am shocked at how this judge appears to be so biased against MB considering he shouldn’t know him or the witnesses.

26 Likes

You made a lot of great points, including watching the verdict. I watched it live, and I cannot watch it again.

I don’t understand anything that’s happening, because it seems so contrary to NJ law/case law.

Even if the hearing should have been closed to protect Michael’s med info, I’m glad it wasn’t and more people can see what’s going on in Morris County NJ.

20 Likes

He can appeal or file a writ of habeas corpus to review whether the judge can keep him.

You can’t really sue the court, I guess you can bring a case under the NJ version of a 1983 violation, but that isn’t likely to succeed

16 Likes

No. They even lifted all the mask requirements and social distancing effective 09/01, per Mr Silver’s motion to compel an in person deposition. The NJ declaration was attached.

So, I have honestly no idea.

7 Likes

How are judges “supervised.” What recourse is there?

9 Likes

Help the legal clueless, what is a 1983 violation?

I have another legal question about Krol - Is there some rule about how quickly has has to be moved? We know they ignored that last time, just wondering if there was anything that applied this time?

5 Likes

There are usually some kind of oversight commission which would respond to a complaint. Judges are also attorneys, so a complaint to the appropriate bar associations, but they’d defer to judicial oversight commission.

Again, a writ of habeas will review the judge’s decision to keep him. An appeal would also review the judge’s decisions and could cement timelines in NJ

12 Likes

LO’s update was very saddening and frustrating to read. I have no words.

25 Likes

(meant to be a giggle)

And no new artwork… hmpf.

2 Likes

1983 is a section of a federal law that allows you to sue the government for violating your civil rights. It’s often used in police brutality cases.

16 Likes

What’s aggravating in this, is, per the update, it appears that was a footnote in a report. Not the actual report, not a witness giving testimony that Michael could cross-examine, as his right. A Footnote! I feel super bad about this.

18 Likes

Is there a practical risk that if MBs team files an appeal, or a writ of habeus corpus, and both fail, that Taylor might hold it against them at the next hearing in March of 2023, and hold MB longer?

I hate to wonder that… but I wonder that after reading what LO wrote.

14 Likes

I think that is a very good question. With the things Taylor has done so far, that would not surprise me one bit.

9 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: I briefly thought the same, then I started reading. His artwork is so peaceful, that I’m glad it’s standing on its own.

13 Likes

@ekat, I so hope that Michael can have real art supplies at the new facility. I selfishly want him to do more art. Hopefully LO will update the GFM and Amazon wish list as soon as she knows.

12 Likes

The statue and Krol itself guide the pieces. What needs to happen is some type of rule making from the NJ high court to explicitly spell out the timelines and repercussion if they are not followed

14 Likes

Yes please! I selfishly want the same. We need more friends for SquireL and his friends.

5 Likes

Are the rules not already laid out?

4 Likes