MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

How does a judge get to rule on something that isn’t even penal in nature? This stinks to high heaven.

20 Likes

He definitely needs a judge to sign off on it. Maybe Mr Bilinkas can pull a rabbit out of a hat and get in front of someone else or go up to appellate court.

17 Likes

No, Taylor has to sign off and he won’t until 6 months have passed regardless. Can you say “punitive”?

16 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Still my bet.

5 Likes

If the pathological liar is right and the hearing was recorded by 48 hours, I imagine the judge’s inappropriate comments were also recorded and that is at least somewhat comforting. Maybe it will bite him in the arse.

22 Likes

Love this quote. Thank you I plan to pass it on.

5 Likes

I don’t get how this is not a HYPPA violation. Unless it’s because MB is still a ward of the state or still considered a prisoner and has no rights???

1 Like

So, it’s taking me a bit to digest this update, but another key point of interest that was speculated about yesterday: per the update, Michael coming off his meds was a plan with AK’s psychiatrist that testified at the hearing, so that was done under supervision, not just a thing MB did on his own.

That clears some things up in my head.

32 Likes

Boring, but HIPAA really only applies to a covered entity that has something to do with health. The court is not one. Also, there’s an exception to HIPAA for court orders

6 Likes

It sounds like MB allowed it to be open.

10 Likes

Sadly, it sounds like someone is just as tone deaf as ever. I doubt there will be a settlement.

4 Likes

Yes, and he stopped them for good reason. The doctor agreed to it as well, which is what I was concerned with.

I’m digesting it as well. As disappointed as I am in the judge’s behavior, I can’t imagine how LO and MB feel.

21 Likes

I think that it’s key that he worked with the doctor.

It’s hard to fathom how gutted they must be.

10 Likes

Even if they were prepared for anything, Taylor’s gut punch biased, inappropriate, and unprofessional comments about his appearance and the meaning of his appearance was despicable. He may as well have mimicked Nagel and say the jury was insane, he didn’t agree with them and would administer punishment at his will.

No one is saying Michael doesn’t need and want much more mental health help to move past all the predators did to him, the fact is he is not a danger to himself or others per the team at AK and Simring.

25 Likes

Yeah, how could you even begin to prepare for that kind of inappropriate commentary from the judge who is supposed to be unbiased? Despicable behavior.

24 Likes

They are but obviously there isn’t any enforcement of judges keeping those deadlines. If there were, then perhaps not keeping the hearings on time would mean the person is released, like the speedy trial rules in criminal court.

13 Likes

This was on YouTube from yesterday. Sound familiar?

25 Likes

And how could you have any belief or faith that any protective order issued would be taken seriously and acted upon when it comes to protecting him against the 105lb frail blonde who violates it? (Hypothetical)

12 Likes

"committed"??

Michael Barisone was NOT committed.

I’ll say it again, words have consequences.

21 Likes

Nor did he try to violently murder two people. Nor has he received 5 months of evaluation. Not to quibble or anything.

30 Likes