MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

I’m sorry for what happened in your family. Your insight is spot on.

22 Likes

Well said.

4 Likes

I don’t think any one said or thought you are….

3 Likes

Just quoting this again as it is one of the best posts I have seen on here yet!

So very sorry for your loss @McGurk!

18 Likes

As promised, here is the Kennedy Family Cheesecake recipe:

Kennedy Cheesecake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Crust: 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 TBLS brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
½ teas cinnamon

Mix above and pour into a 9” springform pan. Press into bottom and partially up sides. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Filling: 3 8oz packages cream cheese (not light)
1 ½ cups sugar
4 eggs
1 TBLS lemon juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups sour cream
½ teas vanilla

Beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat well until sugar is dissolved (2 – 3 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add remaining ingredients and mix well, scraping sides and bottom of bowl occasionally.

Pour filling into prepared springform pan. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn the oven off and leave in the oven for one additional hour (do NOT open the oven). Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Run knife around edges and release from pan. Serve with toppings of choice if desired.

Note: all ingredients should be at room temperature for best results

Edit to amend an instruction. Thank you @yaya!

14 Likes

You know…I just went back and looked at the photos of MB from his first court appearance and I’m even more enraged by Taylor’s comments. The stark contrast between now and then are so sad. Taylor should publicly apologize.

18 Likes

I am so very sorry for your family’s loss. I can only imagine what your family went through. I am especially glad you were able to work through your pain and grief and live your life.

10 Likes

The serial rapist that stalked my family member but never got in her house while she was home was jailed for violently raping a woman while her children were in the house telling her if she fought he would kill the kids goes through a parole board regularly and she diligently writes her impact statement and relives the break-ins and seeing him in her yard and looking in her windows.

The serial killer that killed my friend and others will be eligible for parole in 2024.
I hope they both die in prison so they can’t hurt anyone else. The survivors of these men and their family members are grateful every day they can’t hurt anyone else.

I don’t hate these men but I don’t care if they stay in jail until they die and I would not have objected to the death penalty for the killer.

LK was shot twice and flatlined twice. She was slit open from stem to stern to save her life. She was put into an induced coma. She is scarred for life. She probably sees him pointing the gun at her every time she tries to sleep.

The feeling of relief for her and her loved ones must be huge. Of course they would be happy over knowing she is safe.

One of the Krol guidelines discussed the importance of working through the levels so the committee would not face recidivism, to give the committee the best chance to recover.

If I understand the Krol guidance then the committee cannot overrule the judge and release the committee early. The judge must also have the opinion of the two psychiatrists not affiliated with the mental health facility.

The committee is not to be held by the judge longer than the possible sentence of the actions that would otherwise have been a crime. That is why the the longest sentence of the crimes not committed due to insanity though the actions were committed and the time served is on the acquittal paperwork.

Committee as group of hospital staff versus committee as person committed is not to be confused.

There is information in Justia for the 1975 and 1978 cases. There is a guideline. There is the New Jersey statutes and rules and a different Rule 19 I’m not sure where it came from. I’ll post links for anyone that wants to read more.

Dr Schlesinger stated MB was neatly presented in every hearing and meeting except the trial. Both MB and LK looked out of it and I just thought that they had both MB and LK very sedated to handle the stress of the trial.

Edited to restate the committee cannot overrule the judge.

1 Like

I am NOT a cook, and have never made a cheesecake, so here’s my stupid question:
I assume you turn the oven off between the first and second hours?

4 Likes

Yes, thank you! I’ll edit!

1 Like

Guideline

Krol 1975
State vs Krol

More Krol 1978
State vs Fields

New Jersey Statutes and Rules (there are both statutes and rules concerning involuntary commitments.
https://nj.gov/state/dos-statutes.shtml

Edited to add Rule 19

1 Like

That is not a definition I have ever heard of, and it’s not even on the first page of Google results, all of which correctly define it. Per Merriam Webster:

What does ttyl mean?

The initialism ttyl stands for “talk to you later.”

Where did ttyl come from?

Popularized in Internet chat forums, ttyl is one of a host of abbreviations that sprang into widespread use in the 1980s and 1990s. Although such shortenings are often decried as indicative of intellectual decline in the modern age we have been employing these forms of shorthand for a very long time. Some, such as OMG , date back to the early 20th century, while others, such as RIP have been in use for hundreds of years.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Baffles me completely where the alternate version of TTYL came from!? Sure didn’t show up on any of the first two pages that came up when I searched, after never having heard of the other. :woman_shrugging: I wonder what would have come up if TTFN was use?

15 Likes

Baffles me completely where the alternate version of TTYL came from!? Sure didn’t show up on any of the first two pages that came up when I searched, after never having heard of the other. :woman_shrugging: I wonder what would have come up if TTFN was use?
[/quote]

Probably a picture of Winnie thePooh and Tigger. I use TTFN often.

8 Likes

It’s a mean mind

8 Likes

Don’t bother - they make things up…. Evil exists in the world. Move on. They will always be who they are…. Don’t dip to thier level , because it brings your soul, emotional and mental health down. It is poison Evil exists and walks the world. Stay away from them. Do not engage. They are dangerous people. Stay far far away. Even on a BB The more air you give them the more power you give them. Responding makes them stronger

23 Likes

Remind me again when the last hearing was compared to the trial again? I’m not sure how fast your hair grows but I know mine would grow a couple of inches. I know my father looked like a wild man during covid lockdowns, and he’s going to be 96 this year.

14 Likes

We all should be prepared for my posts to always be attacked by one or two posters for any reason they can dream up. I sure hope the moderators’ time wasn’t wasted looking at a flagged post because of TTYL ( an acronym every texter I know uses and understands!). Any wonder why I went ahead and explained my hyena anology?

Scroll on by and do not take the bait! The water is being chummed!

22 Likes

16 Likes