MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

The mods keep on advising us they do not want us to speculate on CH’s identity or connections or motives.

Sooooo… maybe we can just note what a REMARKABLY THOROUGH job CH is doing in terms of analyzing this whole situation from LKs perspective.

CH had been VERY committed to ensuring that LK’s side is taken into account in ongoing discussions on COTH.

21 Likes

So you understood my point that the lawyers for SGF are trying to “specifically assign permission/agreement of tenancy to a certain party” — Barisone.

Why would you question their motive? By establishing that SGF was not responsible for permitting her to live in the farmhouse and for her getting shot, the lawyers are establishing that SGF is not liable for her injuries. The “motive” of the lawyers for SGF is to establish that SGF should not be found liable.

I say what I want to say. As always, I hope you enjoy reading what I write.

10 Likes

Add in:

Before the shooting: agreement in writing/audio recording for “enforcement”
After the shooting: strictly verbal

Seems kind of “convenient”….

7 Likes

And what is the distinction between those observations and speculating on my identity and motives, VHM?

2 Likes

I’m saying you are doing a good job providing a counterbalance to the discussion.

I’m complimenting you.

You’re welcome.

9 Likes

I thought we are free to comment on the similarities of posting style however….just not identity.

5 Likes

I just don’t see how a successful, independent man like MB can be “forced” by anyone to allow tenancy when he didn’t want it. What leverage did JK have?

5 Likes

Could be anything. I’m not concerned with what secret could have hypothetically been threatened to be exposed but rather that a threat could have been used in the first place.

14 Likes

I am just guessing because I have no clue but my guess would be what Jonathan and Lauren Kanarek have done to so many others - the threat of a frivolous lawsuit. Lots of people (clearly most people in in their world) like to just toss their hands up when threatened with legal actions even when they know they have done nothing wrong. Legal defense is expensive (as Michael is now experiencing).

Did you see the private message(s) that Lauren Kanarek sent to @Knights_Mom? That is an example of what I am talking about.

16 Likes

I’ve always been curious about this.

My best guess is that JK had the means, and legal connections, to hire an attorney in spring of 2019 to pursue litigation against MB for some reason or other that is simply not readily apparent.

And as we all know now, having observed this thing play out… defending oneself against a lawsuit is SUPER expensive. So… sometimes people try and figure out ways to just avoid having the angry party even file one in the first place.

I suspect that is how/why LK & RG came to stay at the farmhouse in Spring of 2019. JK threatened to sue MB over something… and in exchange for JK backing down, MB allowed LK and RG to stay at the farmhouse.

11 Likes

Ha. We said the same thing at the same time.

3 Likes

I suspect that there were hints of things like what played out in July/August that were made….

4 Likes

Coercion.

10 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

Since there have been a couple of warnings from the mod as to what to avoid discussing…can everybody please respect that.?

Ignore those that bait and rehash. We all know it’s malarkey, we all have out thoughts on who/what/why the same old crap is spun over & over.

But rather than get sucked in, ignore…ignore…ignore. Don’t get this thread shut down. Lots of good legal info (not opinions) here. Lots of potential court action to be discussed.

25 Likes

I’m referring specifically to what I think the next play is (or one of the next plays) in the civil trial.

5 Likes

I was directing that at you, or really anyone specific. Just a general keep on track kinda thing

4 Likes

I wonder if it is a bit like the frog in the frying pan, which is similar to how domestic abuse starts. To begin with, everything starts well, then smaller gaslighting events happen and the abused dismisses it or makes excuses. As things escalate or heat up, the person on the receiving end questions their sanity or perception but can’t hop out.

6 Likes

Once you get used to complying in order to avoid something unwanted it becomes habit and predators count on it.

20 Likes