MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

And then the cat will, well, you know how that story ends.

3 Likes

Here are some of the challenges facing the courts in New Jersey. Partly the backlog is because half of the courthouses were not large enough to accommodate spacing. However, there is a tremendous shortage of judges that has continued for years. It isn’t judicial misconduct. It’s overload. There are many articles besides this one. (Edited for a typo.)

3 Likes

I have spoken about this.

In fact my old job is so backed up they have authorized 5 hours overtime every week for every vacuumer. This is a first for this court. If they permitted working from home I’d jump back in.

15 Likes

There is still no real excuse to not follow the rules!

If you were the person on the other end of a situation I am sure you would not be saying “oh, it is OK, they are really busy”.

11 Likes

Sorry to intrude, schisters, but I do believe that the object in question is a geode. There are many sparkly things inside those suckers! :wink:

9 Likes

I’ve realized that the object is a moon rock. The modern word “lunatic” derives from the Latin word for Moon.

Old Latin = Luna
Late Latin = Lunaticus
Old French = Lunatique
Middle/Modern English = Lunatic

So applicable to the topic under discussion. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

I don’t have a screenshot but it is my understanding that someone else managed to capture it before it was edited, and a copy is now in the hands of Mr. D and Mr. B. :wink:

22 Likes

Ohhh

Coming out of lurkdom to point out it’s awfully hard to vacuum the office from home :laughing: (sorry, had to do it and glad I got there before anyone else did!)

27 Likes

How does your post explain/excuse bias, inappropriate comments and disregard of established procedure to an acquitted individual?

23 Likes

The word derivation is fascinating, DY.

But psychiatric hospitals are not referred to as lunatic asylums anymore.

Reaction from Elderly Illegal Mob and Bathrobe Wearers United:
granny

33 Likes

Taylor’s behavior has nothing to do with overload. It’s bias based.

Overload would explain a case being seen in (for instance) 10 weeks instead of 7. All the other stuff wreaks of punitive action.

I guess Taylor’s panties are still in a twist from losing on the prior Appeal EB filed on that other case. The nature and finding of that Appeal must have been damaging to Taylor either personally or professionally if not both.

24 Likes

@Sammy_the_Saddlebred, you need to come out of lurkdom far more frequently!

That post was great!

Though I am sure @Knights_Mom knows all the special vacuuming tricks, so could figure out the whole ‘work from home vacuuming’ thing.

12 Likes

Hmm. Maybe we will get to see it eventually if the evidence is entered into the public record, although that’s sort of the long way around.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week badoom boom crash (drum and cymbals)

I don’t have the wit of all the rest of you, but once in awhile . . .

Thank you all for the info and the humor provided here. I have been avidly following all the threads since the incident happened.

18 Likes

While I fully support Michael Barisone, I don’t think it is a bad idea to get him some inpatient treatment for awhile. Hopefully, he can learn to better deal with stress.
I mean, LK did put an amazing amount of stress on him obviously. But maybe if he is in a better place when he gets out of Greystone, he can better manage a business and maybe prevent a major stress like this one in the future.
Thats what I hope for him.
Yes, he was locked up for an awfully long time already. But we know he wasn’t getting any sort of good treatment while he was in jail. And we also know that Anne Klein isn’t giving him much of anything either.
So, perhaps Greystone will be good for him in the long run? I hope so!

8 Likes

EB was representing Vertetis when she was convicted of murder.

Her successful appeal winning a new trial was argued by Assistant Deputy Public Defender James K Smith, Jr. When her conviction was overturned, she chose to accept a plea deal rather than be retried.

ETA. In watching the Barisone trial, the procedure was that the judge previewed his jury instructions in front of both the defense and prosecution, allowing them to voice objections.

The Vertetis conviction was overturned on the grounds that Taylor incorrectly instructed the jury that Vertetis had a duty to retreat, rather than shoot the boyfriend. On appeal, the appeals court ruled that the Castle Doctrine applied and therefore she did not have a duty to retreat.

Since Bilinkas would have had an opportunity to challenge the judge’s jury instructions on that issue in the original trial, and apparently didn’t, perhaps it had to be the case that a different lawyer handled the appeal.

What about some sort of remote controlled Roomba? :thinking:

17 Likes

Agreed…Once he is finally moved to Greystone!

5 Likes