MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

It will probably be like that scene in Broadcast News, if I’m thinking of the right movie.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine anything really big will happen anytime soon that would be significant to all the info they already have.

6 Likes

I also had the feeling that as it’s still active and developing with regards to MB’s release and the civil trial, airing it early leaves them plenty of time to do a follow up at a later time

13 Likes

Plus if they waited for the whole thing to be finished and wrapped up, they probably would not get to air the footage for years.

13 Likes

Fair points all, that yes it will continue to be in flux. It just seems that there is a lot in the air lately…
ETA: I come from feature film, not TV… so am used to things having to be tied in a bow when they screen.

6 Likes

I think this gives them a chance to leave on a “civil case” cliffhanger tease, thus stretching out the mileage of this episode and the future one on the civil trial and all the revelations there.

9 Likes

I just peed myself!!

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone sharing the 48 Hours info, can’t wait!

6 Likes

Maybe we’ll get some real explanations for things like the oral agreements….

6 Likes

Might want to set to record whatever comes after also, in case football runs over (as it tends to do)

7 Likes

Ooo, thanks for that tip. That never would have crossed my mind in a million years, and I would have been furious if the recording got cut off as a result.

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to watching the TV program. It should be interesting.

I was looking at Disability Rights NJ’s website and wondered if they could provide support to MB should he wish to contact them. I’m sure Mr. B and Mr. D are up on all the advocacy groups and wondered if they might contact this group regarding the judge and the Krol hearing.

The group offers assistance to residents with a significant mental illness or TBI who receive services at in-patient facilities and institutions whose legal rights have been violated.

They offer services if you have a disability, have a legal issue related to your disability and it falls within their priorities which appear to include discharge from institutions.

The group recently had a job posting for a Managing Attorney for their Institutional Rights Team. The position starts Oct. 1st according to the website. This team provides advocacy for people in psychiatric hositals, jails and other institutions. Maybe this person would be a good person for MB to contact to let them know about the issues he had with his hearing. Perhaps they could file a complaint on his behalf.

21 Likes

Certainly seems applicable.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s an interesting avenue!
What made you think of that?

3 Likes

Thank you, I was wondering about advocacy groups for someone in his situation. Being that the group is a non profit I’m sure their resources are stretched.

5 Likes

I wonder, do the primaries in the 48 Hour show see it beforehand?

2 Likes

If they had one of the parties would be here crowing or throwing ugly insults! :thinking:

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to Sunday when certain posters will be telling us what was said is not what we heard.

23 Likes

Good point, and really the show would get no benefit from doing so, I guess.

3 Likes

Does anyone happen to know how recently 48 Hours was talking to the parties involved?

1 Like