MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

You’re absolutely right. Lol.

4 Likes

It’s not easy to walk away once you start a suit, and it shouldn’t be. (It’s on my list of things to consider before you file).

Here’s NJ’s rule:

37-1. Voluntary Dismissal; Effect Thereof

 (a) By Plaintiff; By Stipulation. Subject to the provisions of R. 4:32-2(e) (class actions), R. 4:53-1 (receivership actions) and R. 4:60-18 (attachment actions), an action may be dismissed by the plaintiff without court order by filing a notice of dismissal at any time before service by the adverse party of an answer or of a motion for summary judgment, whichever first occurs; or by filing a stipulation of dismissal specifying the claim or claims being dismissed, signed by all parties who have appeared in the action. Unless otherwise stated in the notice or stipulation, the dismissal is without prejudice.

 (b) By Order of Court. Except as provided by paragraph (a) hereof, an action shall be dismissed at the plaintiff’s instance only by leave of court and upon such terms and conditions as the court deems appropriate. If a counterclaim has been filed and served by a defendant prior to being served with plaintiff’s motion to dismiss, the action shall not be
dismissed against the defendant’s objection unless the counterclaim can remain pending for independent adjudication by the court. Unless otherwise specified in the order, a dismissal under this paragraph is without prejudice

10 Likes

You don’t think CH already knew IM’s real identity and that’s why she believed in his posts? She seems to believe everything the Kanareks say.

Not speculating on anyone’s identity here, but hypothetically, if a previously banned poster were to open a new account under a different email, doing so and accessing it only away from home - say at work or the library - the mods would not be able to identify it as coming from a banned user, yes?

20 Likes

And again, I wonder if any jurors from the trial are following these revelations…

5 Likes

Definitely wonder about this, the potential work around of, say, having a house and an apartment at the barn where you keep your horses that each have their own ip address…

5 Likes

Thank you so much - and you as well, @MorganSercu !

Well, it would be a big disappointment if I were “unveiled”. Lowly barn scrubber (despite DPR’s praise) and not of the equestrian elite in Wellington or anywhere else… :laughing:

6 Likes

I will be very, very interested to see if 48 Hours spoke to any of the jurors from the criminal trial. Fingers crossed.

Question for you legal types. What has to happen in order for MB to recover all of his legal costs from the Ks?

9 Likes

Anyone can get around an IP address simply by getting a VPN.

"VPN (virtual private network) is a technology that encrypts your internet traffic on unsecured networks to protect your online identity, hide your IP address, and shield your online data from third parties. "

9 Likes

The only one left to be unmasked is the sister

16 Likes

Well, theoretically. But, also hypothetically, let’s say the videos were on his phone, which was seized by the police. Morris County did not disclose any videos during the criminal trial. So, were the videos erased from RG’s end prior to seizure?

Perhaps RG could access them from his email/some cloud somewhere. What if they’ve already gone down this road?
[/quote]

Which leads me to say - it sure is a coincidence that they were emailed the day before the shooting…

11 Likes

Maybe people a little further out on the branches of the combined family tree too?

Not that it matters. Not that I care. Still fun to wonder about it in passing.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Superfecta.

8 Likes

The sister has been posting here, too? That revelation rather ratchets up my suspicions about a few other “random nobodies.” :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

It’s one heck of a coincidence, for sure, and it makes perfect sense why the defendant(s) think they are relevant to the suit.

9 Likes

Interestingly enough……JumpinQueen made a brief appearance, made a lot of insider type claims….and at some point was quietly banned…long after they had stopped posting….

10 Likes

He’s going to have to work to top Silver’s! I’m sure he and EB will come up with something. :wink:

5 Likes

There are two sisters. Emily and Hilary.

9 Likes

I bet there’s a big Zoom meeting going on now. IN RE: How the heck do we spin this now?!

12 Likes

Which one did the middle finger selfie with LK? I’m betting on that one for the superfecta.

13 Likes