MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

That’s because it’s not at issue in the motion and you don’t litigate your trial strategy in motions for subpoenas. The responses repeatedly assert that the entire filing has no proof basis included which is sufficient to respond to the claim; that is the purpose of the brief.

31 Likes

Be careful of the rabbit hole :wink:

8 Likes

The Safe Sport excerpts are redacted but its interesting they have linked these to JK and KK.

19 Likes

THE TRIFECTA

4 Likes

Did you see the article by CBS News, in promotion of 48 Hours’ season premiere, where they do not assert that he shot her and even say what happened after he got in the truck and drove down there is “unclear”? You seem to be one of the only ones pushing this narrative that it is cut and dry that he shot her. It isn’t.

32 Likes

Looks like they are pretty well coordinated together to me…

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost like they are communicating with each other.

11 Likes

Mod 1 has clarified the issue of subpoenas before. Maybe they will be allowed to clarify again.

2 Likes

I think it is safe to say LK has bitten off more than she can chew, as well as JK and KK. We all felt this would get interesting but nobody saw it going this way. Michael certainly put a kink on the woodwork by not taking the plea. And then on top of it, the trial certainly did not work out to their plan, even with Taylor’s help. It is good to see that karma is alive and well. Michael was certainly put through Hell and I am glad he will have the chance to have his life back.

36 Likes

Bless the mod’s heart. Rather than the moderator having to prove anything to a poster, perhaps JK will sue if in fact he is not IM.

12 Likes

He really ought to start with hiring a lawyer and cleaning up this subpoena/contempt issue that’s hurting his daughter’s lawsuit first. Plenty of time to tackle that later.

But then, he’s had since July to handle the subpoena and…here we are.

22 Likes

A few things:

1. when and how LK acquired her horses, and how much Barisone financially benefitted from said acquisitions is unknown. To try and imply she is a cash cow, whether by board or by training or by selling or by acting as agent, is utterly laughable based on what we know… no matter what Jonathon Kanarek said on 48 Hours or @hut-ho78 says here.

2. we may not know with certainty that IM is JK, but given that a) many here speculated as much, and b) decent lawyers don’t often assert what they don’t believe can be reasonably backed up… it is likely true.

3. No matter how often Bruce Nagel, @CurrentlyHorseless and others try and say that it was proven that Barisone shot LK, it wasn’t.

4. LK and KK were clearly more involved pre-August 7 than they would like us to believe. Mostly him, but also her.

5. I still can’t stop laughing that many of us told Lala and Seeker to stop posting and their inability to do so is now coming full circle.

6. I had a very good thought that went poof. Darn it.

43 Likes

@Inigo-montoya seems to be reading along right now. I doubt he’s reading something in the Western or Horse Care forums. If he’s not JK, and Silver’s filing is all wrong, he can speak up.

He certainly has spoken up before. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

I haven’t even finished reading yet - but my thought is (so far) - if LK submitted illegal recordings to SS and SS didn’t know they were illegal, but then later finds this out I’m thinking LK could be in BIG trouble with SS.

25 Likes

True and all of us have always known who IM was based on the posting style and knowledge of the situation. Some can’t believe facts however, particularly about their idol.

11 Likes

I would bet that’s not how she envisioned that working out for her.

20 Likes

My money’s on The Menagerie. Lots of good stuff in there to read!

11 Likes

Aha! You triggered my memory. Point 6)

@CurrentlyHorseless loves to assert that the recordings were not illegal. Here we have a filing calling them not only “illegal”, but “unlawful” and laying out why they can be deemed as such.

30 Likes

SS is about protecting kids. Filing fake reports about a parent in order to get them in trouble is essentially damaging and harassing to the children as well. I hope, if it can be proven that LK falsified her report, that a new complaint is opened on that grounds and that SS would act on it.

20 Likes

If JK owns the horses she shows, and its proven that JK and KK schemes to ruin MB, can SS move to stop JKs horses from showing?

8 Likes