MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Doubtful if he is not a member of USEF. (maybe otherwise doubtful…)

Edited: Maybe, not maybr

2 Likes

You make many many good points in your post. I’m highlighting this because even though I absolutely agree with you that it wasn’t proven, even if it had been proven in the criminal trial, it doesn’t matter.

Lauren Kanarek, as the plaintiff, now has the duty and burden to convince an entirely new jury, from scratch, that Michael Barisone caused her injury. She doesn’t get to say, “but the other jury…” (and to reiterate, the other jury acquitted him, so let’s just leave that door slammed shut.)

I wish her luck. Because she’s going to need it, and she and her family are off to a rather inauspicious start with discovery in the suit she brought.

29 Likes

SS doesn’t sanction horses, just USEF members. LK is listed as the owner.

4 Likes

Ok, so LK is a USEF member (?) and if its proven that she, along with her parents, schemed to ruin MB… ???

3 Likes

Oh, :100:. Absolutely. Now she has to basically say that her actions didn’t cause her injury. Good luck there, given the court of public opinion (NOT the CoTH COPA, but the general Internet…)

6 Likes

You’d think she and her parents would be eagerly complying with discovery in her suit, anxious to tell the world the whole story. But nope, can’t even get past the first round of subpoenas.

21 Likes

I believe this was hashed out previously. IIRC, she is not in good standing because she did not complete her SS mandated training…, but had done so prior. I may be wrong.

6 Likes

Well, IM said they would comply eagerly. Look how that bared out!

12 Likes

According to Silver, she never provided her request documents either….

13 Likes

Just a point about the $5000. The viewers are going to hopefully have a good idea about property values and mortgage costs for the area and hopefully will guess taking care of horses adds $$$$ to that. A farm like HH is going to cost $$$$$$$ anywhere with a corresponding mortgage payment.

3 Likes

If I am honest, I still can’t get past how her parents refused to respond to a motion and then Lauren’s attorney claims a whole bunch of hooey when he isn’t even representing them. Like, I get that @Inigo-montoya claimed that JK was never a “real” lawyer… but, isn’t this kind of intro to law stuff? :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

It’s truly, utterly mystifying to me.

14 Likes

I hope you’re right, but you might not be. I am looking at purchasing a farm nearby and I was utterly delighted with the taxes… fellow NYC resident said I was crazy. People don’t understand context.

ETA: CONTEXT, not co text

4 Likes

Glad I could help because that is an excellent point!

1 Like

I would say no, because JK and KK are not members of USEF, so SS can’t do anything to them. But whoever would be showing them, if at a USEF recognized show, would have to be in good standing.

2 Likes

Maybe he went to law school, then worked for EF Hutton for a little while, then did… something else.

If he gets added to MBs counterclaims, I guess all sorts of questions might get explored. It could be quite interesting.

10 Likes

Now that we have some more information that corroborates what has been said here, in legal filings as well as in addition to a national news magazine putting forth information that doesn’t support your thesis…. @CurrentlyHorseless and @hut-ho78, do you have comments?

7 Likes

I have wine, so I’m good for the moment.

12 Likes

That Morning Show clip was pretty mis-leading. They’re inferring that the only thing that made MB snap was the social media posting. It mentions nothing about all the on-the-ground harassment. I’m hoping the 48 Hours episode does a better job of highlighting everything LK and RG did to create the situation.

19 Likes

I don’t think anything that has actually come out under the name 48 hours has been all that favorable looking.

1 Like