MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Maybe when you are your own lawyer, clearing up the misunderstanding you caused about your contempt problems is no more important than you or your wife answering the subpoena in the first place.

6 Likes

I do have a question, is it normal legal posturing for someone to say ‘this thing (that to anyone else is obviously associated with the court case) has nothing to do with the case so I do not have to provide it’?

I can see doing that about some obscure weird thing that likely has nothing to do with the court case, but what the heck on something that is obviously has to do with the court case that you (well your daughter) brought?

2 Likes

It’s fairly normal, especially from the defendant’s perspective.

What is not normal is to wait until after a Motion for Contempt, and then having someone who is not your lawyer try to represent your position to the court.

10 Likes

So the whole point is just to be difficult for the sake of being difficult?

7 Likes

I honestly can’t see a purpose for what’s happening here.

Normally, you get a subpoena and if you feel it’s unjust, unsubstantiated or whatever, you file a motion to quash or you hire an attorney to do so.

Waiting until after the deadline and not even bothering to answer yourself but having someone else’s attorney file anything is not normal and I can’t see a legitimate purpose from reading the pleadings.

15 Likes

Would that really be so surprising?

1 Like

Well no. Not coming from the Kanarek family.

I keep forgetting we are not dealing with people who look at the world like most people do.

I just can not see a plus of making the judge miserable. I suppose if your only goal is to cost everyone else more money, then it makes sense. I can also see the Kanarek family intentionally doing things to cost others more money in an attempt to get their way.

4 Likes

And at one point, somebody logged in under the wrong name. All of a sudden a “Jim E Stark” is speaking as one of them. (This was about a month ago)

25 Likes

“RGG” playing circle games.

3 Likes

What the… what?!

8 Likes

I guess because he changed his name, all his back posts changed the name too. Because answers to them tag RGG.

I was very confused for a minute!

15 Likes

Fiendishly clever. Counsel for SGF and MB will never ever figure that out. 8-D chess at this point.

23 Likes

I may have said this before on previous threads, but from my observations, whenever somebody changes their name, other than a woman getting married or divorced, it’s generally not a good sign. In real life or online. Lol.

I guess maybe stage names would be exceptions. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

For those of you not familiar with classic cinema, “Jim E. Stark” is a reference to Jim Stark, the character played by James Dean in “Rebel Without A Cause”.

23 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

12 Likes

That’s awesome! Maybe when LK was talking about having many personalities, she meant on social media

26 Likes

I thought that was MB trying to get the living quarters for LK and RG condemned but RG fixed it and the fire marshal let them stay overnight with the understanding an inspector would be there the next day to verify. Instead, MB shot her.

:persevere:

~ whimpers while scrolling through 5-D chess handbook frantically in an attempt to catch up ~

12 Likes

My, my. Look at all of those quotation marks. Looks familiar.

10 Likes

So….I wonder….did SS actually get a copy of the illegal recordings or did they only get a copy of the “transcript” alleging what was said on the transcript?

8 Likes