Unlimited access >

MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

The request for transcripts from KK sounds to me that they first went to the PD for the recordings, given the earlier filings (and if I recall correctly, the transcripts that LK said they had). The PD perhaps (this is just a guess on my part) didn’t have those recordings and the recordings themselves weren’t turned over by LK during discovery (again, guesses). So now they’re looking for the supposed transcripts.

Here’s the thing - if LK’s team doesn’t hand over those recordings or transcripts, they can’t use them in court. And if they don’t hand over all discovery material that the court agrees to, the court can include the information that one party didn’t hand over all of the discovery in the jury instructions.

Based on how many times Johnny Depp’s team had to request AH to sit for a deposition, and how many times. Britney’s Spears’ lawyers had to request her father to sit for a deposition, this may turn into a lengthy back and forth.

9 Likes

It would be interesting to look at Laila’s posts here and on YouTube and elsewhere about her interpretations of the law and compare to what is panning out.

Honest question: why would a complainant refuse to be deposed in person? She didn’t wear a mask in court, so clearly it isn’t a concern for her health amidst a global pandemic. Why won’t she respond in person?

15 Likes

And she lives and rides in FL. Is she running around maskless there? FL is probably a lot more cavalier about Covid than NJ…

11 Likes

You make many good points. The biggest difference here though, is this is LK’s suit. Amber Heard and Brittany Spears’ dad were the defendants in those respective suits. So there was a lot of back and forth. But LK brought this suit. If she screws around long enough, her portion could get dismissed, and then she’d be stuck having to defend herself against MB’s counterclaim.

43 Likes

I and others have repeatedly stated that LKs version of law is akin to purely drunken imagination on quaaludes and tequila. But she was so used to legal terms frightening people she whipped them about to bully.

28 Likes

I would have agreed that NJ was better in 2020, but at least in Hunterdon, I am almost always the only one masked these days. Either way, what’s her argument?

4 Likes

According to the filing by SGF, convenience and alleged COVID fears.

3 Likes

I actually was curious of this myself and hopped on over to YT just now and looked at one of the trial videos where she commented most frequently. Lots of deletes and clean up. I figured previously she was using YT because, I believe, YT permanently deletes comments and expected her to go back and do said clean up.

Doesn’t really matter though considering all the texts, emails, online posting, etc.

5 Likes

Where was her “COVID fear” during the criminal trial?

20 Likes

I liked the photograph of the law office’s conference room attached to the court docs showing the large room and significant capacity to social distance :laughing:

10 Likes

Does anyone else suspect that this is the first time KK has heard that she transcribed tapes, let alone bragged on COTH? Does anyone else suspect that there might be imploding family dynamics over the Seeker persona, which I really started to doubt was legit after about the first 24 hours?

19 Likes

That’s what SGF’s lawyers said, complete with pictures of their conference room to show how they can socially distance themselves better than in that itty bitty courtroom.

12 Likes

Can a motion to dismiss be filed by the defendant against the plaintiff before the matter goes in front of the jury, or are there other types of proceedings that deal with that?

3 Likes

If true, can you imagine her reaction reading that subpoena? I would suspect you are right that it would cause some imploding family dynamics.

10 Likes

Beyond the ability to “distance” (which matters not at all indoors)… she happily testified sans mask for the criminal trial. She clearly doesn’t care about COVID science.

11 Likes

Yes, and I think they can request it to be dismissed for lack of prosecution on her part before it gets to trial, if she is being uncooperative.

4 Likes

I like the way SGF’s attorneys, Schenck Price Smith & King LLP, write. Its very amusing to read.

10 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

Watching Emily Baker’s youtube channel has definitely sparked my interest in reading, and my appreciation for, court filings.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched any of her stuff. Is there anything in particular that would be good to start with?

1 Like